BU and UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdm789

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior and am in the pre-DAT phase. i was wondering if anybody knew what the acceptance rates of out-of-state students is for Boston University and University of Florida. I am from NY and currently have a GPA of 3.73 and a science GPA of 3.68, what are the odds of an out of state student being accepted at either of these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview at UF this week and the told us that since UF is a state school, legislature requires them to place preference on FL residents.
They also told us that about 10% of the applicants accepted are out-of-state.

I want to say that UF takes about 10 out-of-state of a total of about 82 students. So, it's pretty tough to get in there. BU is a private school & takes a lot of out-of-state. You can check predents for more accurate info.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks anyone else know?

Like the others said. BU is private, and accepts alot of out of state applicants. UF is going to be stricter on state requirements. Check the ADEA guide for specific stats, or search for the thread by Doc Toothache (he usually posts stats).

How tough is UF to get into, for a state resident? In terms of the DAT? GPA? Volunteer hours?

How tough is UF to get into, for a state resident? In terms of the DAT? GPA? Volunteer hours?

When I interviewed at UF, they stressed that the application process there is NOT a number thing. There isn't any magic GPA or DAT score to get an interview, and no formula they use to accept people. You are interviewed by 3-4 people and they take notes on you. They have ~24 people on the admission committee and they all meet and those 3-4 people you had as interviewers make a case for you, and the whole group decides if you are either "acceptable" or "unacceptable" for admission. I believe if you are deemed "acceptable", you are either offered admission or offered an alternate (waitlist) position. I wouldn't fret though, if you are low in something make sure you boost your chances by having something unique. Someone I interviewed with had like a 3.1 GPA and an 18 DAT, but they also have dental assisted for forever.