BU Application Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Westside22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I called BU today to check my application status,
but the lady was a bit less than nice to me.
She was very short, and didn't say anything except that my application is in review and that they interview until May.
I was wondering if any of you guys or gals have been to BU recently for an interview, if you know how filled up is their entering class?
Also, when is the general deadline at all schools to make all decisions? I mean, for those of us that have to reapply, dont' we have to know before June 1 whether we are accepted, denied or wait-listed?
Thanks all,

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Westside..i was @ BU on the 22nd and the interviewer told us that they were getting very close to filling the class, but they are going to keep interviewing b/c a lot of ppl end up dropping it @ the last minute b/c they get accepted into state or less $$ schools. Good luck:)

Yeah- I called BU recently and they were very short with me. :-( Oh well. I know nothing about the class filling up, but my cousin (who is a first year there now) said she didn't interview till February last year...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah! They they were extremely short with me as well...kind of hurt my feelings, especially compared to how amiable every other school was when I called them.....

don't worry i am sure a LOT of people do drop, because they require that you pay the whole deposit basically when you are accepted a lot of people are reluctant to give up their spot even if you have been accepted elsewhere...
fortunately I was smart enough not to waste 3K on their deposit and hopefully that spot went to good use.
good luck

I totally agree with you guys on How BU staff responds to the dental student. Actually I went for an interview on the 25th of Jan and didn't heard from them until 25th of Feb, so I was like I should call them and, when I called them, they said they are not going to tell me anything over the phone. So I emailed them, and finally guess what they mailed me back and said that I am on their waiting list. I am like you should atleast let me know, I mean mail me a letter or something... I really did like the school and was looking forward to get in there, but now I think, I am happy that I didn't got in there. Its just my personal experience, I hope I didn't offend people who are going to BU.
Good Luck
Viraj

Viraj--

I guess they are being real short with people, I got accepted and asked if I could get an extension on the $3K deposit and after a battery of questions they finally agreed. I think the admissions office is probably not the kindest, but you have to remember you probably will never deal with the admissions office ever again once you are admitted as a BU student. : )

Just my $0.02

-Vikas