BU housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doraemon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you familiar with apartments around BU can give me some suggestions. I just received a letter from BU housing saying that I can either live in Harrison Court or apartments at the Charles River campus. I did not get the chance to visit Harrison Court during my interview, so was wondering if any BU students can tell me about these apartments. Right now I would prefer to live in there because of its convenience, but gosh it's expensive! What are my other options? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

how expensive is Harrison court?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I rotated at Harvard I contacted a service called "At Home In Boston" and talked to Mrs. Joan C. Cohen who arranges housing for students. Her number is 616.277.6444(think that's it, if not let me know and I may have a different # in some other files), she has four sons that are Drs' and has been doing this for some years. The only thing is don"t let her put you out in Milton or Quincy, make sure she understands you want somewhere close to the BU. I stayed in Milton and loved the house but sometimes,especially at 4:30am the T wasn't running that early I had to make other arrangements. So be sure she gets it right for you. Hope this helps.

check out this link for more info on harrison court:
<a href="http://www.bumc.bu.edu/www/busm/Adm/Images/Bu%20web/welcome.html" target="_blank">harrison court</a>

costs run between $1300 for a studio to about $2400 for some 2 bedrooms. Trust me, there are tons of cheaper apartments to be found. Check out craig's list http://boston.craigslist.org or bostonapartments.com. If you want to be close, have all of the modern conveniences, and not deal with landlords and the like, this could be a good place to be.

I am currently a third year here at BUSM. I recommend living somewhere in the South End near the hospital, but NOT in Harrison Court. The only benefits to Harrison Court are 1) you get access to the back door of the med school 2) you meet some of your classmates.

If you don't like living in something that feels suspiciously dorm-like or shelling out too much money for too little, I suggest getting an apartment in the area.

Go through a realty - it is the Boston way. Expect to pay about $1300 for a one bed, and about $1000 for a studio.

-mary