BU MAMS v. Tufts MBS

Started by tasiubao
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tasiubao

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've pmed gujudoc one of these questions but am still interested in what other people think so here:

I have heard that BU is cutting down on its acceptances of BU undergrads/master students since they have so many pathways (SMED, minority pathways) that fill up the BU student quota already before the normal BU students apply. Thus, I am thinking that Tufts may be easier to get in through the master program since they automatically interview the top 25% and the class size is smaller?
What do you think? Do you know of many people getting into BU med through MAMS this year?

Also, since Tufts' MBS is now more established, do you guys think that cross acceptances (Tufts med accepting MAMS, vice versa) is now decreasing?
 
quite honestly. BU isn't about the linkage and should never be about the linkage. The program is more about helping you get into medical schools in GENERAL. While it is true that individuals get into BU med school from the GMS/MAMS program, that should not be the first reason why you go to the SMP program.Neither should you go to any SMP program with the intention of going to that medical school unless the program's major purpose has a well-established linkage. (such as EVMS).

As far as how many are interviewed, I'd argue that BU interviews just as many if not more. How many get in from each program? no idea 🙂
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am accepted to Tufts and BU. I am trying to decide between these two schools.


How do the acceptance rates of of Tufts and BU into med schools compare with each other?
What about curriculum and facilities?


My stats are 3.16 sGPA, 3.26 cGPA, 33Q MCAT, Psych Major..
Any advice? Thanks ahead of time!
 
on the BU MAMS website they state that they take "approximately 20-25 students" from the MAMS program each year... so about 12%.

So to reinforce what Crisco said, I would NOT rely on BU's program for a linkage. It's reputation should be enough to go there, since they get students into med school period which is the ultimate goal.
 
Last edited: