BU medical history and physical forms...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honeysuckle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got a big packet from BU today with registration info as well as a "Health History and Physical Examination Report" to fill out. It says in the registration pamphlet under the "compliance for registration" section that in addition to our proof of immunization, we have to submit the medical history and physical form. In one of the sections on the form, it looks like we need to literally go to the doctor and get a physical and have them sign off and all that. I already knew that I'd have to submit my immunization stuff, but are we actually required to get a physical exam in order to register as well? Am I reading these instructions correctly or am I just an idiot? I had to submit immunization stuff for my current master's program, but I never had to go and get a physical.

Members don't see this ad.

I had to get a physical for Columbia. I believe it might have only been full-time students that needed them, but I may be wrong. So yeah, it's not out of the ordinary for a school to request a physical exam.

So I just got a big packet from BU today with registration info as well as a "Health History and Physical Examination Report" to fill out. It says in the registration pamphlet under the "compliance for registration" section that in addition to our proof of immunization, we have to submit the medical history and physical form. In one of the sections on the form, it looks like we need to literally go to the doctor and get a physical and have them sign off and all that. I already knew that I'd have to submit my immunization stuff, but are we actually required to get a physical exam in order to register as well? Am I reading these instructions correctly or am I just an idiot? I had to submit immunization stuff for my current master's program, but I never had to go and get a physical.

Hey! I just got the same packet from BU today (hi future classmate). I thought it was kind of weird too. It's such a giant packet. It does indeed look like we need a full physical though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies.

Bah. I'm so irritated that I only found out about this now. My current health insurance expires in the middle of June and I'm not insured again until late August when I start classes, and I just called my dr and they said there are no slots for physicals open until after my insurance expires, despite my dilemma. I hope I can just go to the student health ctr or whatever at BU when I move over there at the beginning of the semester and get my physical then and they will still let me register. I think it says something in the packet about we have until mid-september to comply before they kick us out of classes or something. I just have to publicly rant; I am so irritated to find out about this now, and when I am in the throes of finals week too.

Yale also requires a full physical and immunization record. I got the email last week, although I knew ahead of time that this needed to be done (it's listed on Yale's website for incoming GSAS students).