General Admissions & OTCAS BU OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who applied at the regular decision deadline heard back?!

Members don't see this ad.

I still havent heard back anything from them. When do you usually hear back for February interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Have any of the early decision group people accepted their spot at BU OTD or at least paid the deposit? I accepted and am excited to get more information. Currently looking into housing options, lmk if anyone has any ideas if new students talk and find places together.

Hi! Have any of the early decision group people accepted their spot at BU OTD or at least paid the deposit? I accepted and am excited to get more information. Currently looking into housing options, lmk if anyone has any ideas if new students talk and find places together.
Hi! I was early decision and put down my deposit in January, I am looking for more info too!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any insights to the interview? I’m going early due to a schedule issue, so my interview is tomorrow

Did anyone who interviewed this past Friday ask about a timeline for the decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Earlier interview group how long did they give you to decide if you'd be attending or not?

I just received the acceptance email. Best of luck everyone !!

Hey all, I interviewed virtually and so I did not have the opportunity to meet with faculty or current students as well as visit the facilities. For those of you that did, could you please tell me a little bit about the vibe? What were things that you liked or disliked about not just the program or school, but of the city itself. Did the financial aspect seem accommodating and doable? I am from the west coast and so everything from the weather to the modes of transportation will be different for me. I plan to visit next weekend, and have reached out asking for a tour of the facilities, but on the off chance that it cannot be arranged I would love to hear all of your opinions. I would really appreciate any feedback and view points.

Hey all, I interviewed virtually and so I did not have the opportunity to meet with faculty or current students as well as visit the facilities. For those of you that did, could you please tell me a little bit about the vibe? What were things that you liked or disliked about not just the program or school, but of the city itself. Did the financial aspect seem accommodating and doable? I am from the west coast and so everything from the weather to the modes of transportation will be different for me. I plan to visit next weekend, and have reached out asking for a tour of the facilities, but on the off chance that it cannot be arranged I would love to hear all of your opinions. I would really appreciate any feedback and view points.
Hi! I was in the same situation as you! I'm from California and did the interview virtually. Once I got accepted I decided to visit BU. I got a very chill vibe from Boston. I was considering NYU and Loma Linda for grad school, and I like Boston more. I just felt NYC was way too fast paced for me especially coming for CA. I feel like Boston is a good starter city for me. I met with faculty at BU. She gave me a rundown of the coursework, and was very welcoming. From our conversation it felt like the faculty there really do see students as future colleagues/professionals rather than just students. I've talked to some students and they all speak highly of the program. Financially, it is very expensive. I'm still waiting on a financial aid offer and scholarship. But i feel it will be worth it and Boston has a lot of options for fieldwork/hands on experience. Hope this helps, and enjoy your visit.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I was in the same situation as you! I'm from California and did the interview virtually. Once I got accepted I decided to visit BU. I got a very chill vibe from Boston. I was considering NYU and Loma Linda for grad school, and I like Boston more. I just felt NYC was way too fast paced for me especially coming for CA. I feel like Boston is a good starter city for me. I met with faculty at BU. She gave me a rundown of the coursework, and was very welcoming. From our conversation it felt like the faculty there really do see students as future colleagues/professionals rather than just students. I've talked to some students and they all speak highly of the program. Financially, it is very expensive. I'm still waiting on a financial aid offer and scholarship. But i feel it will be worth it and Boston has a lot of options for fieldwork/hands on experience. Hope this helps, and enjoy your visit.
Thank you so much!! This was so helpful; I appreciated this so much.

Hi does anyone know of a Facebook group for the incoming OTD class?
I don't think there is one yet! From talking to past students, the cohort is responsible for making their own FB group if we want one

Reactions: 1 users
For those who chose BU, what were some of the biggest factors that lead to your decision? I’m personally torn between BU and Columbia.

I don't think there is one yet! From talking to past students, the cohort is responsible for making their own FB group if we want one
Oooh okay! I wasn't sure if they would start one or not. Thanks!

Hey! Has anyone put their deposit down for BU? Is there a Facebook group?

Also -- hope everyone is staying safe. Things are tough out there. It seems weird to be making this big life decision when the current situation seems so unclear.

Hey everyone! I emailed the OT department office to double check that I can make a FB group for our incoming class. They said yes! And once they finalize the new cohort they will share the page. For those that already want to connect the page is "BU OTD Class of 2023".

Hey! Has anyone put their deposit down for BU? Is there a Facebook group?

Also -- hope everyone is staying safe. Things are tough out there. It seems weird to be making this big life decision when the current situation seems so unclear.
Hi, I put my deposit down back in January. I just posted the FB group if you want to join. Times do seem unclear but if you have any questions about the program and why I decided on it feel free to message me!

How does everyone feel about the cost? I was offered a pretty great scholarship, but even with that I am worried about the cost of tuition and cost of living in Boston. I have the option to go to a state school for almost free, but it would be for the masters. Any insight?

How does everyone feel about the cost? I was offered a pretty great scholarship, but even with that I am worried about the cost of tuition and cost of living in Boston. I have the option to go to a state school for almost free, but it would be for the masters. Any insight?

The advice I have gotten is to go with the cheaper school. But BU has a lot of networking opportunities, so that could be worth the price for you :)

Hey y’all, I interviewed 2/22 for the Boston University OTD program. Did anyone else and have any idea on when we’ll hear back? Also, any general thoughts on the program? I liked the curriculum but thought their facilities were lacking a little bit. Where else is everyone waiting to hear back from / top choices ??
Hi! I know this thread is a bit old. Congrats on your interview with BU! I have one scheduled for the near future. Can you give any tips on the interview? Ie: what questions they asked? (OT-specific, scenario questions, etc.)

Hi there and congrats on your admittance to BU! I have an interview scheduled in the near future. Can you give any insight into what the interview was like? Ie: OT-specific, scenario questions, etc.

Hi! I was early decision and put down my deposit in January, I am looking for more info too!
Hello! I already interviewed early decision for 2021 with the BU OTD program. I interviewed Friday the 13th of Nov. Any insights into when I might hear back from them??

Hello! I already interviewed early decision for 2021 with the BU OTD program. I interviewed Friday the 13th of Nov. Any insights into when I might hear back from them??
Congrats on the interview, I'm still waiting to hear back from BU for an interview or maybe deferral of early app to regular decision app. (or a rejection but hopefully not). Was their interview casual or more formal?

The interview was a combination I would say. Definitely wear your best clothes and try to be professional, but they were also very welcoming and I think they wanted you to be yourself. Not sure if that's helpful haha.
Good luck!

The interview was a combination I would say. Definitely wear your best clothes and try to be professional, but they were also very welcoming and I think they wanted you to be yourself. Not sure if that's helpful haha.
Good luck!
I have my interview upcoming this week, and that's really helpful! Did they ask specific questions about your application or was it more general?

Also, I'm not sure where I read this but I believe they give answers the 3rd week of December (and that seems to be when other early decision applicants on this thread heard back!)

Hi all! I just received an acceptance to BU's entry level OTD program for Fall 2021. Was looking to connect with other admitted students :)

Best of luck to all those that applied!!

Hi all! I just received an acceptance to BU's entry level OTD program for Fall 2021. Was looking to connect with other admitted students :)

I got in as well!

CONGRATS! do you know of any other admitted students or maybe an admitted students facebook page?
Thanks, you too! No, I'm not sure :( but to be honest it's probably too soon. My deposit deadline is Jan 31 so maybe it'll exist around then?

I got in too!! 😁

Thanks, you too! No, I'm not sure :( but to be honest it's probably too soon. My deposit deadline is Jan 31 so maybe it'll exist around then?
I think it'll exist after we do the admitted students information session in January!

I think it'll exist after we do the admitted students information session in January!
I think I remember reading somewhere on a previous thread that it’s usually started by someone in the cohort - so I’m not sure if that will happen after the early decision deposit deadline, or maybe not until the regular decision deadline as well! But I’ll hopefully see you all at the info session on Friday :)

Hi I just committed to BU's program as well! Is there a Facebook page or group chat yet?
I haven't been added to any group chats yet but have heard there are a few created! I can DM you as soon as I am in a group chat. :)

Hi everyone! I just received an offer to BU’s OTD program and I believe I am going to accept! I just want to know from you all what stood out to you about the program and what are you excited about? 😊