BU vs. G-town Postbac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc0

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need some advice on where to go next year:
Second time applicant. Good work experience. Poor science GPA (3.15), good MCAT (30). Bio major with all prereq's done while in college.

I am considering either the BU post-bac program or the G-town program - I want to go to BU or a school in Boston for Med School, but am not sure which program will get me there. Would appreciate any advice on how the two post-bacs differ and which is considered stronger. If someone has gone through either or had close friends, please share. Also, if you know of any other post-bac that "feeds" Boston med schools (BU, Tufts, UMass) - do tell!

Thank you all!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about Georgetown but the impression that BU postbacc gave me was that they protect their high acceptance rate of their postbacc by strictly limiting the number of people that enroll in their postbacc. I think they have something like 10 people in their postbacc. If you are going to consider BU take a peek at Brandeis postbacc and Tufts postbacc. Jennifer Lewis is the postbacc director at Brandeis and Liz Regan for Tufts.

Edit
I can surmise from this that the GPA for the postbacc at BU is high and the bare minimum for consideration is 3.3 at BU. Brandeis doesn't have GPA cutoff but generally the people that do the postbacc over at Brandeis have GPA over 3.0. I'm saying this because if you are considering BU then money may not be an issue so Tufts and Brandeis are also worth considering.