BU vs. NYU vs. Pitts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adpdent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm have a hard time deciding where to go so if you can help me out in anyway i'd really appreciate it. I'm leaning more towards BU and NYU. But I'm still not sure. Which would you pick and why?!

Members don't see this ad.

adpdent said:
Hey guys i'm have a hard time deciding where to go so if you can help me out in anyway i'd really appreciate it. I'm leaning more towards BU and NYU. But I'm still not sure. Which would you pick and why?!

where do you want to live? boston? nyc? pittsburgh?

of course, if you're a penn. resident, you will save $50k+ by going to pitt.

whiskeysour said:
where do you want to live? boston? nyc? pittsburgh?

of course, if you're a penn. resident, you will save $50k+ by going to pitt.

I'm from California. I don't mind living in any of those cities. But I'm more concerned with which is a better school (reputation, program...etc). Any info on that?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would eliminate NYU just cause the class size is way too big. 300+
I think BU and Pitt are both nice, so ........ whichever is cheaper OR whichever city you want to live in.

Thanks for your responds :) Does anyone else have anymore feedback??!! 95 views ..i would think so...any input would help :idea:

adpdent said:
Thanks for your responds :) Does anyone else have anymore feedback??!! 95 views ..i would think so...any input would help :idea:

My two cents, would be a choice btwn BU and NYU. I wouldn't eliminate, NYU unless you're intimidated by a larger class size. I've interviewed at BU and Pitt. Pitt didn't feel like the right fit for me, although it appears to be a great school, where the admin and the faculty genuinely care about their students, and I didn't get that from the other places that I've interviewed. Atleast not to the same extent. Btwn BU and NYU, they both have their pros/cons...and they have some differences in their programs, you have to decide which is a better fit for you. G'luck making the decision, you'll land at a good school no matter which one you choose to attend.

Boston University Would Be My Pick....very Good School...one Of The Best Places To Live....

Definitely BU, and NOT NYU.

don't go to nyu cuz they'll kick u out if u don't pass the class...other schools they'll try to help u graduate instead of kicking u out

Pittsburgh, everyone is really nice, the classes are good, it's easy to maintain the necessary GPA to stay in, and the cost of living is cheap! :D

bowwow99 said:
don't go to nyu cuz they'll kick u out if u don't pass the class...other schools they'll try to help u graduate instead of kicking u out

That's the biggest load of b.s I've ever heard. They went out of their way to put an end to that myth at the interview. NYU's retention rates are among the best in the country, and no school is interested in losing that 55K a year tuition. Hardly anyone fails! Next time get your sources right before you give your opinion to someone who's making a life altering decision.

My 2 cents, although I should add that I've never been to BU or NYU, would be for Pitt. I liked it a lot. The facilities were new, faculty seemed nice, students were happy -- an all around good mix.

As a counter point, I have 2 friends who go to NYU dental and they love it. Ultimately, it's how you feel. :luck:

Galen1 said:
That's the biggest load of b.s I've ever heard. They went out of their way to put an end to that myth at the interview. NYU's retention rates are among the best in the country, and no school is interested in losing that 55K a year tuition. Hardly anyone fails! Next time get your sources right before you give your opinion to someone who's making a life altering decision.

Right on... :thumbup: