BU waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone,

Just to let you know, i got off the waitlist yesterday. I was notified through mail. It is still possible.
Keep waiting and good luck to you all!

hey congrats. did you happen to reapply before you got off the waitlist?

and when did you interview!?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Just to let you know, i got off the waitlist yesterday. I was notified through mail. It is still possible.
Keep waiting and good luck to you all!

congrats bizzear! may i ask what are your stats and when you interviewed?

Can someone confirm there has been movement off of the waitlist?

Sorry to second guess you bizzear but its just that we haven't seen u post here before and for all we know you could be sh*tten us.

With all due respect bro.

Members don't see this ad :)
dentist:
I did not reapply before being accepted.

PJ:
I interviewed in mid-Feb.
I had around 3.3 GPA, 21 academic, 23 PAT.

Khansahaab:
I did post in a previous thread that i was waitlisted.
I called Monday and Laura said there was no movement yet. I was notified the next day.

Hope that answers everyone's questions!

Anyone else get any good news?

Conrgrats bizzear!

Anyone else get an e-mail today asking for transcripts?

=)

They say they're expecting movement in the wait-list! EEE!!

Good luck everyone!

nothing yet but if there asking for your transcripts it seems like you may be next off the waitlist.:)

what are your stats air?

air potato: what exactly did the email say about movement from the wait list?

I'd rather not disclose my stats...lets just say that if I'm accepted it's about 99% divine intervention. Once I hear back from them, I'll let you know.

This is what the e-mail said:

Dear ---

We are anticipating some movement from the alternate list and were wondering if you could send us your Fall 2006 and Spring 2007 grades. You can fax over copies of your transcript if you would like or put them in the mail.\

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, time to call a spade, spade. The next week/week and a half will decide our fate for BU. If we don't get off the alternate list during this next movement, we can basically kiss BU g'bye for this cycle.

So a request to all to post immediately if you hear anything.

Good luck to all. :)

Did any of you guys get accepted anywhere else (from a waitlist)?

Who is reapplying with me?? :D:D

Oh and good luck to all!

So how does it work for us on waitlist to re-apply?

Okay, time to call a spade, spade. The next week/week and a half will decide our fate for BU. If we don't get off the alternate list during this next movement, we can basically kiss BU g'bye for this cycle.

So a request to all to post immediately if you hear anything.

Good luck to all. :)

Why do you say that the next week/week and a half will be basically it?

Why do you say that the next week/week and a half will be basically it?

Well according to the letter that air potato recieved it said that the university is anticipating movement from the list; so I figure the time frame of the movement has to be a week to week and a half because they want to give ample time to the student(s) to make financial arrangements and other clerical work. Also, it seems natural that after this crop of movement no more would occur. Just a gut feeling.

i read a while back about a BU student who got accepted from the waitlist 2 days before classes started

Well according to the letter that air potato recieved it said that the university is anticipating movement from the list; so I figure the time frame of the movement has to be a week to week and a half because they want to give ample time to the student(s) to make financial arrangements and other clerical work. Also, it seems natural that after this crop of movement no more would occur. Just a gut feeling.

Most likely, since these spots are probably opening up because people decided to attend other schools. But there can always be some movement up untill class starts. Maybe someone just won't show up, don't know how likely that is.
When I spoke to the admissions people they said that you can be called off the waitlist up until the first week of class. Imagine how hard it would be to do that if you lived cross-country :scared:

On a different note, I thought that a school as large and as expensive as BU there would be more movement from the wailist. I guess that just goes to show how comptetive its getting.

The student that gave us the tour of the school said there was someone in her class that came in during the first week of school. So let's not lose hope just yet!

But I already submitted my reapp to AADSAS.

I'm hoping it's wasted money though!

Good luck everyone

hey airpotato, did you hear anything from them yet?

g/l

hey airpotato, did you hear anything from them yet?

g/l

nope. Still waiting. Meanwhile I'm also checking my e-mail obsessively and I've got my folks back home checking the snail mail every 3 seconds.....just in case.

I think I've become ocd.

I can only assume that they're looking at my file along with others' trying to decide who goes and who stays.

I'm gonna call and ask what's up, in a few minutes....maybe I should have made this post after the call.

I'll update if it's anything interesting

ok I called. They said to just hang in there. . . .

Got a general e-mail about immunizations. Not addressed to me, but to the whole alternate list.

Anyone else?

I got that same email (the one where they ask for the transcript) about two weeks ago and nothing has changed since then, they just told me that my transcript has arrived and that all I can do now is wait :confused:

P.S. I also got that immunization email

just checking, but we don't have to do anything with those immunization forms, right?

I dont think we do....unless get get off the waitlist.

=/

In the off chance I do get in off the list---does anyone know if it's alright at BU to defer acceptance until the next year? I'm in CO and can't exactly pick up and move very easily if I find out a week before class starts.

In the off chance I do get in off the list---does anyone know if it's alright at BU to defer acceptance until the next year? I'm in CO and can't exactly pick up and move very easily if I find out a week before class starts.

good question, i was kinda wondering the same thing

On a similar note, do you think we'll have a better chance next year since we were on a waitlist this year?

I am going into my second year at BU. Indeed, some of my classmates were accepted at the end of June and into July off the waitlist - one a few days before orientation! Some students withdraw to attend another school but also there may be a few spots being "held" in case some students have to repeat DMD1. I am not certain, but i believe that this has been the case in the past. Hang in there- I know it can be stressful.

Is there reason to be concerned if I didn't get the email about transcripts?

hey,
just to let u know i will be withdrawing from BU early next week. good luck to whoever gets it :)

hey,
just to let u know i will be withdrawing from BU early next week. good luck to whoever gets it :)

Thanks so much :).

Good luck to you at the school you'll be attending. :)

YEEEAAAAAA Christmas came early for me and Santa was wearing a fedex unifrom!!!!! OMG so HAPPY!! :D :D :D

Congrats! That's great news. Hopefully we'll start seeing more good news on here soon!

hey congratulations! i guess you won't be re-applying like me! i've seen many of your posts about the re-application process, and it's just hard to let you go, haha. anyway, have a great time in boston! :)

Thanks guys! This is such a relief! Good luck to you all, I look forward to seeing more people get off the waitlist!!

YEEEAAAAAA Christmas came early for me and Santa was wearing a fedex unifrom!!!!! OMG so HAPPY!! :D :D :D

Congrats man!!!

Did you get an email first or was it only the fed ex mail?

Congrats once again!!!!

congrats UJ on getting in!!! when did you interview?

Congrats man!!!

Did you get an email first or was it only the fed ex mail?

Congrats once again!!!!

I never recieved a formal email saying that I was accepted, I just received the package. Was that ever a surprise!

congrats UJ on getting in!!! when did you interview?

I interviewed early feb, and honestly I thought that I wouldn't get in this year.

Best of luck to all you guys, stay positive and you might get a nice litle surprise in the mail soon as well!!

Best of luck to all you guys, stay positive and you might get a nice litle surprise in the mail soon as well!!

Sure hope so!

You've been so nice, I'm sure you totally deserve it!!

hey guys do you know if fedex ever leaves packages or letters at your doorstep? i missed the fedex guy today and was left a door tag. :scared:

hey guys do you know if fedex ever leaves packages or letters at your doorstep? i missed the fedex guy today and was left a door tag. :scared:

I had to sign for my package, so I don't think they would just leave it on your doorstep. Did it give you a time when they are coming back?

Seriously dude, I hope that package is what you hope/think it is :thumbup: