BU waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHANSAHAAB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got the news today. Anyone know how likely is it to get accepted from this list?

Members don't see this ad.

I asked, I'm on on it, but I wanted to know...and they told me they put about 20 people on there and that usually a few people drop out. So don't lose hope!!

When did you interview? I still havent heard anything back =(

bacon double cheeseburger

Members don't see this ad :)
me too! sucks don't it?

I thought there would be more people on the list. I was reading the thread about the NYU waitlist, they mentioned around 200 people on that list!! Now thats a list with very little chance of getting off.

But 20 doesn't seem so bad.

I interviewed on March 12.

Y'know, I would accept a spot on next years class if they have that option (that is, class of 2012) :D .

Not likely though.

Y'know, I would accept a spot on next years class if they have that option (that is, class of 2012) :D .

Not likely though.

I would accept a spot on next year's class, or the year after that.

As long as they guarantee it, that would be AWESOME. In my case, actually, WAY better than an acceptance this year would be an acceptance for next minus the application process.

A break from school would be nice.

Did you hear by mail? I havent checked my mail since friday, and AADSAS didn't update for me. ....sounds like bad news, ey?

I would accept a spot on next year's class, or the year after that.

As long as they guarantee it, that would be AWESOME. In my case, actually, WAY better than an acceptance this year would be an acceptance for next minus the application process.

A break from school would be nice.

Did you hear by mail? I havent checked my mail since friday, and AADSAS didn't update for me. ....sounds like bad news, ey?

I absolutely agree about the break from school. It changed on aadsas. Not necessarily bad news; could be an acceptance thats arriving in mail for you :). (God willing).

Not likely though.

do many schools give you the option of taking a spot in next year's class if you get waitlisted for this year? which schools?

So, anyone out there holding a BU offer of admission thats not planning on using it?
If so, I bet people posting in this thread would be dying to know...(myself included) ;)

So, anyone out there holding a BU offer of admission thats not planning on using it?
If so, I bet people posting in this thread would be dying to know...(myself included) ;)

I'm saying the same thing with the NYU & Columbia waitlist

Much appreciated, thanks & congrats again

has any school ever offered a spot to a person on a waitlist for the following years class? like will any schools give an acceptance for the class of 2012?? i doubt it but just wanna make sure.

I absolutely agree about the break from school. It changed on aadsas. Not necessarily bad news; could be an acceptance thats arriving in mail for you :). (God willing).

I really hope so!

Anyone on the waitlist get any news??

Members don't see this ad :)
How was everyone notified that they were on the waitlist? Email / aadsas / snail mail? I haven't received anything of any kind...and my aadsas status still says invited for interview even though I interviewed last month.

How was everyone notified that they were on the waitlist? Email / aadsas / snail mail? I haven't received anything of any kind...and my aadsas status still says invited for interview even though I interviewed last month.

I interviewed last month too....and still waiting. They update AADSAS on fridays. So maybe we'll find out what the deal is then.

Good luck!

I first got a letter and then aadsas was updated that following friday

Got waitlisted, too.

yay?

=/

Probably still too early, but any waitlistee hear anything from them?

anyone hear anything? is it really true that their waitlist is pretty small? seems like a lot of sdn'ers are on there for it to only have 20-30 people on it.

I called when I found out I was on it, and it seems to be growing. The first time I called, they said it was about 24, and now it's up to 30.

I dont remember if she said it would keep growing or not

they told me 20-30.

I am currently enrolled at BU and am in the process of withdrawing ... so that leaves a spot for one of you hopefuls! Best of Luck! :luck:

I was also told about 30 ppl on the waitlist. It shouldn't get any larger than this since they probably stopped interviewing ppl. I wonder when they are going to call turn to the waitlist?

gl to all my fellow waitlistees!

did the admissions lady tell you that?? did you ask where you are on that list?? i wonder if they can tell you where youre ranked on it. thanks.

did the admissions lady tell you that?? did you ask where you are on that list?? i wonder if they can tell you where youre ranked on it. thanks.

they said the waitlist is unranked and everytime a spot opens up they re-evaluate all the apps on the list

Waitlist as well. Anyone been offered a spot from the list?

anyone hear anything lately?

damn i hate this waiting!! Any of you guys got in/waitlisted at other schools?

yeah i know, this really sucks. I'm waitlisted at Columbia and BU still :(
Have you guys heard about the waitlist at Columbia? McManus said that "your chances are high if you get to the itnerview"...but what does that mean??:confused:

hi all, anyone get any news?

Did any of you guys contact BU recently and get info from them?

no word yet, i've been waitlisted for awhile now, hopefully it being May 15th we should see some movement here :cool:

anybody? anything?

anyone else get an email from them today about staying on the waitlist?

Yea i got that email. Not holding my breath though. I loved everything about the school except it seemed that clinical experience was lacking majorly. I think i'm gonna go to NYU

ditto. Damn email got my hopes up :(

Does someone wanna call and see when there will be movement off the list?

maybe there has been movement except those fortunate enough to get in are not on sdn?

did someone call by any chance?

anyone hear of anything at all?:(

They told me there has not been any movement yet.

They told me there has not been any movement yet.

so do you think that means that no one has dropped their position....or that there are positions, but have not decided on who to give them too??? :luck:

well guys I hope we will see some movement soon since some dental schools are requiring additional deposits for their spots and people should be deciding on where they want to go. just keep on praying:thumbup:

well guys I hope we will see some movement soon since some dental schools are requiring additional deposits for their spots and people should be deciding on where they want to go. just keep on praying:thumbup:

When you say some d-schools are you specifically referring to Boston or just generalizing?

I was also told no movement from the waitlist. I find that kinda surprising, I would have thought that someone would have given up their spot...
oh well :)

just generalizing here. Many people who have been accepted are securing their spot while they are on a waitlist at another dental school of their choice. Once they make the move we could see movement or not.

Does anyone else think that this entire waitlist thing is complete Bull? I mean they sent us an email mid may and then nothing for two weeks? What is going on at that school? I mean are they gonna let us know mid July and then when we arrive give us a Cardbord Box to sleep under the BU Bridge? There is so much stuff that needs to be organized, they should at least tell us exactly how many people are on the waitlist and they shoudl rank it somehow.

Does anyone else think that this entire waitlist thing is complete Bull? I mean they sent us an email mid may and then nothing for two weeks? What is going on at that school? I mean are they gonna let us know mid July and then when we arrive give us a Cardbord Box to sleep under the BU Bridge? There is so much stuff that needs to be organized, they should at least tell us exactly how many people are on the waitlist and they shoudl rank it somehow.

Haha.

Come on dude be serious, they are not going to give you a box. You have to provide that yourself!:laugh:

Anyone? Anything?? Has nobody heard anything? I can't believe that there has been no movement so far!

Hey everyone,

Just to let you know, i got off the waitlist yesterday. I was notified through mail. It is still possible.
Keep waiting and good luck to you all!