BU waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i tracked the original destination and it was coming from TN and just got a hold of my roommate. It was probably his package. :( Gotta keep on praying:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

i tracked the original destination and it was coming from TN and just got a hold of my roommate. It was probably his package. :( Gotta keep on praying:thumbup:

no news is no fun, but when u get ur hopes up for the potential of life altering news and it turns out to be a false alarm, no news ends up being easier to digest. I've been there about a thousand times, it sucks, but u never know when u might finally get that one letter that doesnt suck. good luck.

hey guys do you know if fedex ever leaves packages or letters at your doorstep? i missed the fedex guy today and was left a door tag. :scared:

FedEx doesn't do that...but good luck! I hope it's good news.

I'm glad I'm away at college right now...otherwise all I would do with my time is sit and wait for a possible fedex guy to come along.

=(

I would definitely drive myself crazy! lol

Members don't see this ad :)
called BU today, still no word yet. the waitlist is moving along tho. Alright people a new day tomorrow lets see what happens!:luck:

Whatever happens, its been a privledge being on the waitlist at BU. Four years ago if someone had told me that you would be on a waitlist at a dental school in Boston, I would've said you're shi**ten me. We are this close from being trained as professional dentists; its something to be proud of.

The almighty has a plan for each and every one of us and if we don't get off the list this year, a better school awaits us (for our personal situation) in the future. This is what I tell myself everyday as I hear frog croaks by the mailbox.

Good luck to all, and God bless.

"Our destiny exercises its influence over us even when, as yet, we have not learned its nature: it is our future that lays down the law of our today".

;)

you guys are blowing my mind :D, but it doesnt make this situation any more tolerable....I'd just like to know either way so i can stop thinking about it.

Hey Guys, I made out with a Fed Ex Guy today. Well almost. I don't think that guy has ever seen someone this happy in his entire life. I got an email saying to expect a package from Fed Ex on Monday from Laura. I just wanted to say that I have been checking this forum about as much as my email these past few weeks, and I really enjoyed reading everything you guys wrote. I am sure there is gonna be more movement, the deposit is due on Friday, so people might still withdraw. Good luck to you all, and everyone who got in we should all get together the first night and celebrate.
Good Luck

So I'm sitting in my house reading and i hear that big truck with bad brakes noise outside....so i humor myself and look out the window...who is parked directly in front of my house on my side of the street??? The fedex man of course...i watch him like a sniper as he reaches down and emerges from the truck with an envelope package.....im about to reach for a beer and then he casually walks across the street to my neighbors house and delivers the package...............................................so instead of that celebratory beer I go back to studying for the DAT.....awesome:thumbdown:

i guess thats not quite as frustrating as Dr. PJ's fedex story

Hey Guys, I made out with a Fed Ex Guy today. Well almost. I don't think that guy has ever seen someone this happy in his entire life. I got an email saying to expect a package from Fed Ex on Monday from Laura. I just wanted to say that I have been checking this forum about as much as my email these past few weeks, and I really enjoyed reading everything you guys wrote. I am sure there is gonna be more movement, the deposit is due on Friday, so people might still withdraw. Good luck to you all, and everyone who got in we should all get together the first night and celebrate.
Good Luck

Firstly, Congratulations on your acceptance.

Second, is the deposit due this friday only for you as you have been the most recently accepted or for all applicants who have been accepted in the previous months?

Thanks

I have a pair of tweezers in my hand, and I am severely contemplating plucking out every single hair on my head.

Or studying for my analytical chem exam tomorrow morning (which is just as torturous)

Either way, I'm still waiting on an answer...and the waiting is absolutely nothing compared to plucking out every hair on my head with tweezers.

Like khansahaab said, we're lucky to even be here. Be proud of that, regardless of what the final outcome is. Hey! If not this year, maybe next, right? =) God makes no mistakes, you guys.

Good luck everyone, and to those that got off the waitlist, congratulations!

So I'm sitting in my house reading and i hear that big truck with bad brakes noise outside....so i humor myself and look out the window...who is parked directly in front of my house on my side of the street??? The fedex man of course...i watch him like a sniper as he reaches down and emerges from the truck with an envelope package.....im about to reach for a beer and then he casually walks across the street to my neighbors house and delivers the package...............................................so instead of that celebratory beer I go back to studying for the DAT.....awesome:thumbdown:

i guess thats not quite as frustrating as Dr. PJ's fedex story

Sirshagalot....i feel your pain man haha it sucks man!!! I hope I hear the fedex truck come again though. :)

yeah my friend just got off of the waitlist last week for BU...

Members don't see this ad :)
Firstly, Congratulations on your acceptance.

Second, is the deposit due this friday only for you as you have been the most recently accepted or for all applicants who have been accepted in the previous months?

Thanks

The Deposit is due Monday, and yea its for everybody. Good luck to you all.

Got an e-mail from Laura today asking if I was still interested in remaining on the alternate list.

I checked who it was sent to, and maybe it was a bcc, but i could only see that it was sent to me.

Anyone else get this e-mail?

Got an e-mail from Laura today asking if I was still interested in remaining on the alternate list.

I checked who it was sent to, and maybe it was a bcc, but i could only see that it was sent to me.

Anyone else get this e-mail?

i got one too

Congrats!!!

Aw, looks like I'm the only one left here so far....*sigh*

maybe next year?

I'm here still... yeah i hope if we get in, we don't get in like few days before classes start

Whatever happens, its been a privledge being on the waitlist at BU. Four years ago if someone had told me that you would be on a waitlist at a dental school in Boston, I would've said you're shi**ten me. We are this close from being trained as professional dentists; its something to be proud of.

The almighty has a plan for each and every one of us and if we don't get off the list this year, a better school awaits us (for our personal situation) in the future. This is what I tell myself everyday as I hear frog croaks by the mailbox.

Good luck to all, and God bless.

That's a great attitude to have mashallah.

And you got in, so double mashallah!!!

So uhhh...in the meantime, should I keep sending in my secondary fees?

It's so much money! What's the latest I should wait? SHOULD I wait at all?

It'd be nice to have answers to everything, huh? =)

So uhhh...in the meantime, should I keep sending in my secondary fees?

It's so much money! What's the latest I should wait? SHOULD I wait at all?

It'd be nice to have answers to everything, huh? =)

I would send it out ASAP as interview invites have started already.

Also, keep in touch on a regular basis with BU. It will definitely help.

I would send it out ASAP as interview invites have started already.

Also, keep in touch on a regular basis with BU. It will definitely help.

Khansahaab
I am applying for the 2008 cycle. I would LOVE to be in Boston. When you say to keep in touch with BU regularly, what exactly do you mean?
Thanks for the help, and congratulations :)

Khansahaab
I am applying for the 2008 cycle. I would LOVE to be in Boston. When you say to keep in touch with BU regularly, what exactly do you mean?

I would say that you should keep in touch with them after you have had your interview and they had a chance to meet you. You can call or email your interviewer and express to them how much you would like to attend their school etc. At least that way it shows you are really interested in their school and would attend if offered a spot. Just my .02$

g/l

Khansahaab

Hey,

I agree 100% with UJ007. Have regular contact with them only after an interview.

Good Luck.

hey all. Does BU now require calculus?? They obviously didnt require it last year or I wouldnt be on the waitlist.....I got confused checking out the Official Guide to Dental Schools. Check it out. Thanks.:D

I'm in, you guys. I got the call today, thank God!

=)

uhh...where am I gonna live?

Good luck to the ones still waiting.

:)

Congrats airpotato!

I'm still hoping and praying. :(

congrats airpotatoe....a strange question but I was wondering what your caller id registered when u got the call. did it show an actual number or did it say "private" or "unavailable"? lol. I know, its a weird question. good luck with everything.

Congrats Airpotato!! :D

You've got a couple very hectic weeks coming up! :laugh:

congrats airpotatoe....a strange question but I was wondering what your caller id registered when u got the call. did it show an actual number or did it say "private" or "unavailable"? lol. I know, its a weird question. good luck with everything.

It showed a number. It was a Boston area code.

It's not a weird question, because when I saw the Boston area code, my jaw dropped....it was a very pretty sight.

I just wanted to let you guys know that a lot of people get off the waitlist...don't lose hope although orientation is coming up. I heard of one student who got in on orientation day! There is still one business day left...I would call the school and tell them you are willing to come on orientation day if there is a chance of getting in. Sometimes, when a student doesnt show up on orientation day, the seat is open to anyone. The school does not want to lose money for the seat lost so be persistent and tell them you really want to go to BU and that you are willing to do anything! You really have nothing to lose at this point...PM me if you need anything. Good luck to you all!

I just wanted to add that it may be helpful to talk to Laura directly or to Dr. Shaw. I would explain my situation and tell reiterate how much you want to go to BU Dental School. There's always hope and best wishes to all!