• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Buffalo Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
  1. Dental Student
About the Ads

Ach05

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2017
I just recently retook the DAT and got a 15 on the reading section but a 20AA & 21TS . Do you think they’ll penalize me especially since the minimum is 16 for reading. I’ve taken the dat exam before this one and got a 18 on reading.
I’ve actually seen posts about people getting into buff with a 16. Multiple even. Still worth a shot.

Sweettooth11

Feb 8, 2020
I just recently retook the DAT and got a 15 on the reading section but a 20AA & 21TS . Do you think they’ll penalize me especially since the minimum is 16 for reading. I’ve taken the dat exam before this one and got a 18 on reading.

I’m not entirely sure if they’re one of those schools that enforce score minimums. There is a chance that they might sort you out of the applicant pile since they only consider your most recent score, but if it’s your state school, you might still want to apply

DentGent13

Jun 17, 2020
  1. Dental Student

Hey, I'm working on a predent subreddit /r/predent (please subscribe!) and have been working on the minimum requirements for schools. I recall that UBs website stated that the minimum is 16 in all sections, but 15 in all previous takes. I am pretty sure UB has a hard filter on these things, so you might have to retake the DAT. That said, getting a 15 this try then getting all 16's would qualify you to not be filtered out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

NJ_Doc

2+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
I got an email from UBuffalo saying my application is incomplete. I am not worried since my school evaluations didn't register to AADSAS yet so they are not posted but should I reply to the email or contact Buffalo admissions to let them know? Or just leave it and wait a week until my evaluations are posted?

0Mik3cho

Dentgineer
2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2019
Laniakea Supercluster
  1. Dental Student
I got an email from UBuffalo saying my application is incomplete. I am not worried since my school didnt send my evaluations yet so they are not posted on AADSAS but should I reply to the email or contact Buffalo admissions to let them know? Or just leave it and wait a week until my evaluations are posted?
I would just wait. That letter basically just means they got your application and are just waiting until they get your evaluations to start reviewing your application.

0Mik3cho

Dentgineer
2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2019
Laniakea Supercluster
  1. Dental Student
I got an email from UBuffalo saying my application is incomplete. I am not worried since my school evaluations didn't register to AADSAS yet so they are not posted but should I reply to the email or contact Buffalo admissions to let them know? Or just leave it and wait a week until my evaluations are posted?
Also, they will know once AADSAS receives your evaluations and marks your application as complete.

About the Ads

0Mik3cho

Dentgineer
2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2019
Laniakea Supercluster
  1. Dental Student
I don’t think they sent out interviews yet. I called last week and they hadn’t sent them out as of then. Prob this upcoming week or the next.
Last year UB sent out interviews 8/23. Since most deadlines were bumped back 2 weeks this year, I expect this to also be true of interview invites.

Source: 2019-2020 Schools Interview Invites List

The Negotiator

Aug 31, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
I haven't heard anything yet. I'm OOS but I called a few weeks ago and they told me that the interview invites were about two weeks out...which means that hopefully it should be any day now!
They'll likely be sent out right before the weekend. I'm OOS, submitted my app on 08/06 and informed on 08/10 that it's complete and under review

Last edited:
About the Ads
About the Ads
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.