-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Buffalo Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i just got one today so they are sending them out in waves. I submitted my app first day.
would you mind sharing your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you in state?i just got one today so they are sending them out in waves. I submitted my app first day.
For anyone who interviewed, when did they tell you the timing of your interview, and was it just one interview or multiple? Thanks!
Interview #5:
AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.83, SGPA: 3.7
in-state resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Nov 5th
Planning to interview in person in mid November (offered 2 dates to choose from)
AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.83, SGPA: 3.7
in-state resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Nov 5th
Planning to interview in person in mid November (offered 2 dates to choose from)
Last edited:
Interview # 4
Notification date: 11/5
Method of notification: Email
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 7/22
GPA (science, overall): 4.0 , 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/26/25/ none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/17
Method of interview: Virtual
Notification date: 11/5
Method of notification: Email
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 7/22
GPA (science, overall): 4.0 , 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/26/25/ none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/17
Method of interview: Virtual
Interview #1 (WOOT WOOT SO EXCITED)
Notification date: 11/9 10am
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY (in state)
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/10/2020
Application complete date: 9/23/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.33
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA/18/20/21/ Yes Bio 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/13
Method of interview: Virtual
Notification date: 11/9 10am
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY (in state)
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/10/2020
Application complete date: 9/23/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.33
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA/18/20/21/ Yes Bio 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/13
Method of interview: Virtual
The welcome session began at 8:30 in the morning. Then they let you go and you just join your interview zoom link at the scheduled time (they emphasized not to join any earlier than the scheduled time and there's no benefit in joining early). For me, the welcome session ended at 9:00 AM and my interview was for 9:05 AM. The interview was two interviewers in the same zoom meeting taking turns asking questions. After the interview, I had free time until 12:00 PM which was when they did a current student panel and virtual tour (which was just a bunch of videos of the facilities). Then from 1:00 PM to 1:45 PM they had a closing session where they discussed financial aid and other logistics.For anyone who interviewed, when did they tell you the timing of your interview, and was it just one interview or multiple? Thanks!
Edit: I got an email like a day or two before telling me when my interview is and a link to all the zoom meetings.
D
deleted1070139
It’s from a mailing list, I believe they give you a selection of dates to choose from in the direct interview invite emailDid everyone get the email about UB's Information session? i am not sure if it is a general email or a pre-interview
negzizzz
Full Member
got it, thank you 🙂It’s from a mailing list, I believe they give you a selection of dates to choose from in the direct interview invite email
I haven’t heard anything from Buffalo since my application complete email and I just got a virtual information session email. I’m guessing every applicant got this? And did anyone attend the info session?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1070139
That is correctso you're saying... the information session is just a stand alone thing. when you get an actual interview invitation you have dates to choose from like other schools have done.
so do they send invite for information session to only selective students?I applied to UB and havent gotten any sort of email regarding an information session...
I received the email too but I don't really think it means anythingso do they send invite for information session to only selective students?
D
deleted1070139
I can't attend it because I'm flying to another interview during the scheduled time. I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope it doesn't mean anythingI received the email too but I don't really think it means anything
check your spamDo you guys think I should ask admissions about the info session - if sounds like a generic thing, kind of wierd I didnt get an email about it
I have applied, interviewed, and didn’t receive the email of info session.
was there an info session during the interview day? My guess is the info session email is just for applicants who didn’t hear anything from Buffalo to keep them updated and aware of the school if they get waitlisted.
They went through the financial information and other aspects (outreach programs, clubs and other activities) in the closing session during the interview day. Apart from that, there was an welcome session (interviewees introduced themselves one by one), then one personal interview with two interviewers and chit-chat with current students.
was there an info session during the interview day? My guess is the info session email is just for applicants who didn’t hear anything from Buffalo to keep them updated and aware of the school if they get waitlisted.
They went through the financial information and other aspects (outreach programs, clubs and other activities) in the closing session during the interview day. Apart from that, there was an welcome session (interviewees introduced themselves one by one), then one personal interview with two interviewers and chit-chat with current students.
that sounds similar to other schools I interviewed at and the info session is probably just the same powerpoints from the interview day and the reason why you didn’t get an email about it.
I did! Interviewed with them 2 weeks agoany Canadian heard back?
Do you mind sharing your stats?I did! Interviewed with them 2 weeks ago
cGPA: 3.58, sGPA: 3.52Do you mind sharing your stats?
AA:25, TS: 23, PAT:18, QR: 25, RC: 30, Bio: 24, GChem: 21, OChem: 23
Not sure if it matters at all but I did my undergrad in the US
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh ok thank you!cGPA: 3.58, sGPA: 3.52
AA:25, TS: 23, PAT:18, QR: 25, RC: 30, Bio: 24, GChem: 21, OChem: 23
Not sure if it matters at all but I did my undergrad in the US
Interview #5
School: University of Buffalo
Notification date: 11/24/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/14 ** BUT... my DAT was not verified until 8/6 (thanks 'rona)
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 AA/ 24 TS/ 24 PAT/ 28 RC
Dates available OR your interview date: December, but before 12/15
Method of interview: Virtual
School: University of Buffalo
Notification date: 11/24/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/14 ** BUT... my DAT was not verified until 8/6 (thanks 'rona)
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 AA/ 24 TS/ 24 PAT/ 28 RC
Dates available OR your interview date: December, but before 12/15
Method of interview: Virtual
hey! So I went to their information session and someone asked that question and it certainly means you still have a chance, dont worry! I think taking advantage of the academic update period as well as emailing them some updated experiences youve had since applying (i.e shadowing, volunteering etc.) would benefit youJust received a continuing review from them today. Not really sure what went wrong, but does that mean I don't have a chance anymore.
3.61 GPA 22AA IS.
JenniferO
Full Member
I t
I think they send out rejectionsdoes anyone know if UB sends out rejections? Or do they just not get back to you...
I have similar stats to you and I am also in state. I've been wondering the same thingJust received a continuing review from them today. Not really sure what went wrong, but does that mean I don't have a chance anymore.
3.61 GPA 22AA IS.
i have similar stats and in state too. Facing the same situation. I’m a non trad applicant, and i submitted individual lors instead of committee. I think that might have cause my app to be put aside.I have similar stats to you and I am also in state. I've been wondering the same thing
D
deleted1070139
Just got a “continuing review” email. I’m gonna assume it’s a soft rejection since I’m out-of-state, no big deal
I got one today too, do you know if UB has sent out rejections, im trying to differentiate if there’s a difference between continuing review email vs a hard rejection lolJust got a “continuing review” email. I’m gonna assume it’s a soft rejection since I’m out-of-state, no big deal
D
deleted1070139
Haven’t heard about any “hard” rejections, but assume it’s a rejection unless you’re in-state (or have connections within the school)I got one today too, do you know if UB has sent out rejections, im trying to differentiate if there’s a difference between continuing review email vs a hard rejection lol
Just to put some of your guys' mind at ease, I'm a current UB student who got the continuing to review email, a post december interview and got waitlisted (so the trifecta basically lol). Don't lose hope. And even though I was IS we have a lot of OOS kids in my class. Y'all will be ok.
do you mind sharing your stats?Just to put some of your guys' mind at ease, I'm a current UB student who got the continuing to review email, a post december interview and got waitlisted (so the trifecta basically lol). Don't lose hope. And even though I was IS we have a lot of OOS kids in my class. Y'all will be ok.
This made me feel a lot better, thanks so much for posting thisJust to put some of your guys' mind at ease, I'm a current UB student who got the continuing to review email, a post december interview and got waitlisted (so the trifecta basically lol). Don't lose hope. And even though I was IS we have a lot of OOS kids in my class. Y'all will be ok.
Just to put some of your guys' mind at ease, I'm a current UB student who got the continuing to review email, a post december interview and got waitlisted (so the trifecta basically lol). Don't lose hope. And even though I was IS we have a lot of OOS kids in my class. Y'all will be ok.
I definitely feel a lot better after hearing that! Thank you for sharing!
Interview #6
School: University of Buffalo
Notification date: 12/8/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS/international
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.9,3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/ 20 TS/ 19 PAT/ 16 QR
Dates available OR your interview date: December 17
Method of interview: Virtual
School: University of Buffalo
Notification date: 12/8/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS/international
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.9,3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/ 20 TS/ 19 PAT/ 16 QR
Dates available OR your interview date: December 17
Method of interview: Virtual
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Did you send them any letter of interest at all?Interview #6
School: University of Buffalo
Notification date: 12/8/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS/international
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.9,3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/ 20 TS/ 19 PAT/ 16 RC
Dates available OR your interview date: December 17
Method of interview: Virtual
Did anyone hear back from UB yet about their decisions?
prayigetin
Full Member
Yes! Just got an email at about 9am estDid anyone hear back from UB yet about their decisions?
Just got an “alternate status” email from UB. Is that the same as the waitlist?
Just got an “alternate status” email from UB. Is that the same as the waitlist?
I got the same thing I'm thinking it's basically the same
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K