Buffalo Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

i just got one today so they are sending them out in waves. I submitted my app first day.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone interview yet and can share their experience?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who interviewed, when did they tell you the timing of your interview, and was it just one interview or multiple? Thanks!

what's your guys opinion on letters of interest? UB is my top school and I haven't heard back from them yet :(

Reactions: 1 users
I’m current D1 student. Please feel free to PM me.

• Love
Interview #5:

AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.83, SGPA: 3.7
in-state resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Nov 5th
Planning to interview in person in mid November (offered 2 dates to choose from)

Last edited:
Interview # 4
Notification date:
11/5
Method of notification: Email
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 7/22
GPA (science, overall): 4.0 , 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/26/25/ none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/17
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #1 (WOOT WOOT SO EXCITED)
Notification date: 11/9 10am
Residency: NY (in state)
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/10/2020
Application complete date: 9/23/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.33
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA/18/20/21/ Yes Bio 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/13

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who interviewed, when did they tell you the timing of your interview, and was it just one interview or multiple? Thanks!
The welcome session began at 8:30 in the morning. Then they let you go and you just join your interview zoom link at the scheduled time (they emphasized not to join any earlier than the scheduled time and there's no benefit in joining early). For me, the welcome session ended at 9:00 AM and my interview was for 9:05 AM. The interview was two interviewers in the same zoom meeting taking turns asking questions. After the interview, I had free time until 12:00 PM which was when they did a current student panel and virtual tour (which was just a bunch of videos of the facilities). Then from 1:00 PM to 1:45 PM they had a closing session where they discussed financial aid and other logistics.

Edit: I got an email like a day or two before telling me when my interview is and a link to all the zoom meetings.

Did everyone get the email about UB's Information session? i am not sure if it is a general email or a pre-interview

Did everyone get the email about UB's Information session? i am not sure if it is a general email or a pre-interview
It’s from a mailing list, I believe they give you a selection of dates to choose from in the direct interview invite email

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t heard anything from Buffalo since my application complete email and I just got a virtual information session email. I’m guessing every applicant got this? And did anyone attend the info session?

so you're saying... the information session is just a stand alone thing. when you get an actual interview invitation you have dates to choose from like other schools have done.
That is correct

I applied to UB and havent gotten any sort of email regarding an information session...

I received the email too but I don't really think it means anything
I can't attend it because I'm flying to another interview during the scheduled time. I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope it doesn't mean anything

Do you guys think I should ask admissions about the info session - if sounds like a generic thing, kind of wierd I didnt get an email about it

Do you guys think I should ask admissions about the info session - if sounds like a generic thing, kind of wierd I didnt get an email about it
check your spam

I have applied, interviewed, and didn’t receive the email of info session.

I have applied, interviewed, and didn’t receive the email of info session.

was there an info session during the interview day? My guess is the info session email is just for applicants who didn’t hear anything from Buffalo to keep them updated and aware of the school if they get waitlisted.

They went through the financial information and other aspects (outreach programs, clubs and other activities) in the closing session during the interview day. Apart from that, there was an welcome session (interviewees introduced themselves one by one), then one personal interview with two interviewers and chit-chat with current students.

was there an info session during the interview day? My guess is the info session email is just for applicants who didn’t hear anything from Buffalo to keep them updated and aware of the school if they get waitlisted.

They went through the financial information and other aspects (outreach programs, clubs and other activities) in the closing session during the interview day. Apart from that, there was an welcome session (interviewees introduced themselves one by one), then one personal interview with two interviewers and chit-chat with current students.

that sounds similar to other schools I interviewed at and the info session is probably just the same powerpoints from the interview day and the reason why you didn’t get an email about it.

Do you mind sharing your stats?
cGPA: 3.58, sGPA: 3.52
AA:25, TS: 23, PAT:18, QR: 25, RC: 30, Bio: 24, GChem: 21, OChem: 23

Not sure if it matters at all but I did my undergrad in the US

cGPA: 3.58, sGPA: 3.52
AA:25, TS: 23, PAT:18, QR: 25, RC: 30, Bio: 24, GChem: 21, OChem: 23

Not sure if it matters at all but I did my undergrad in the US
Oh ok thank you!

Interview #5
School: University of Buffalo
Notification date: 11/24/2020
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/14 ** BUT... my DAT was not verified until 8/6 (thanks 'rona)
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 AA/ 24 TS/ 24 PAT/ 28 RC
Dates available OR your interview date: December, but before 12/15

Just received a continuing review from them today. Not really sure what went wrong, but does that mean I don't have a chance anymore.
3.61 GPA 22AA IS.
hey! So I went to their information session and someone asked that question and it certainly means you still have a chance, dont worry! I think taking advantage of the academic update period as well as emailing them some updated experiences youve had since applying (i.e shadowing, volunteering etc.) would benefit you

does anyone know if UB sends out rejections? Or do they just not get back to you...

Just received a continuing review from them today. Not really sure what went wrong, but does that mean I don't have a chance anymore.
3.61 GPA 22AA IS.
I have similar stats to you and I am also in state. I've been wondering the same thing

I have similar stats to you and I am also in state. I've been wondering the same thing
i have similar stats and in state too. Facing the same situation. I’m a non trad applicant, and i submitted individual lors instead of committee. I think that might have cause my app to be put aside.

Just got a “continuing review” email. I’m gonna assume it’s a soft rejection since I’m out-of-state, no big deal

Just got a “continuing review” email. I’m gonna assume it’s a soft rejection since I’m out-of-state, no big deal
I got one today too, do you know if UB has sent out rejections, im trying to differentiate if there’s a difference between continuing review email vs a hard rejection lol

I got one today too, do you know if UB has sent out rejections, im trying to differentiate if there’s a difference between continuing review email vs a hard rejection lol
Haven’t heard about any “hard” rejections, but assume it’s a rejection unless you’re in-state (or have connections within the school)

Just to put some of your guys' mind at ease, I'm a current UB student who got the continuing to review email, a post december interview and got waitlisted (so the trifecta basically lol). Don't lose hope. And even though I was IS we have a lot of OOS kids in my class. Y'all will be ok.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just to put some of your guys' mind at ease, I'm a current UB student who got the continuing to review email, a post december interview and got waitlisted (so the trifecta basically lol). Don't lose hope. And even though I was IS we have a lot of OOS kids in my class. Y'all will be ok.
do you mind sharing your stats?

This made me feel a lot better, thanks so much for posting this

I definitely feel a lot better after hearing that! Thank you for sharing!

Interview #6
Notification date: 12/8/2020
Residency: OOS/international
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.9,3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/ 20 TS/ 19 PAT/ 16 QR
Dates available OR your interview date: December 17

Last edited:
Interview #6
Notification date: 12/8/2020
Residency: OOS/international
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.9,3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/ 20 TS/ 19 PAT/ 16 RC
Dates available OR your interview date: December 17
Congrats! Did you send them any letter of interest at all?

Did anyone hear back from UB yet about their decisions?

Just got an “alternate status” email from UB. Is that the same as the waitlist?