Buffalo Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Just got an “alternate status” email from UB. Is that the same as the waitlist?
I got the same thing this morning, I am assuming its just another term for waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an application denied email. Was unexpected since I have a 3.9 GPA and got 30TS 27AA but I got into plenty of other schools so its all good.

That’s weird, maybe adcom thought that you wouldn’t attend the school if you get in, you really have phenomenal stats!
Got an application denied email. Was unexpected since I have a 3.9 GPA and got 30TS 27AA but I got into plenty of other schools so its all good.

Anyone has an interview tomorrow? I have not received the zoom links yet! What should I do now?

Anyone has an interview tomorrow? I have not received the zoom links yet! What should I do now?
I have one tomorrow as well. Did you fill out the interview form? I received an email with several zoom links shortly after completion of the interview form

I have one tomorrow as well. Did you fill out the interview form? I received an email with several zoom links shortly after completion of the interview form
They just got back to me! I have the links now

Did everyone who got an acceptance email in the morning 12/15 also get a call in the afternoon? There was no mention of a scholarship, so not sure if everyone just gets a call

On that note, does anyone know yet if they got a scholarship?

Last edited:
Yes, I got an acceptance email in the morning and call in the afternoon. They told me they were calling everyone. Last year when I asked about scholarship, they said they don’t offer any scholarship but not sure. I still have to research about financial info, I will ask them about it next week.
Did everyone who got an acceptance email in the morning 12/15 also get a call in the afternoon? There was no mention of a scholarship, so not sure if everyone just gets a call

On that note, does anyone know yet if they got a scholarship?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I got an acceptance email in the morning and call in the afternoon. They told me they were calling everyone. Last year when I asked about scholarship, they said they don’t offer any scholarship but not sure. I still have to research about financial info, I will ask them about it next week.
Thanks, good to know. I’ll also be looking into the financial info, but it’d be great if you could share what you hear (if you hear back and want to lol)!

Dental school is expensiveee, but glad UB is one of the cheapest in the northeast

UB is one of the cheapest+great program. I will share if I hear anything 😊
Thanks, good to know. I’ll also be looking into the financial info, but it’d be great if you could share what you hear (if you hear back and want to lol)!

Dental school is expensiveee, but glad UB is one of the cheapest in the northeast

If we interviewed December 17... when do you think would be the earliest we could hear back? Also would they call or email?

If we interviewed December 17... when do you think would be the earliest we could hear back? Also would they call or email?
I think they said they will let us know next week!

Anyone hear back yet that had an interview on Thursday?

I am desperately waiting to hear back from them lol! I would appreciate it if anyone who hears from them could let us know too!

What are chances of IS getting off the waitlist?

Has anyone received financial aid information yet?

After submitting the confirmation statement and deposit, you will receive an email saying that you need to complete FAFSA as soon as possible to be considered for campus based funds. They will send more emails in the upcoming weeks regarding preparation for DDS program. Also, I have asked them about scholarships. They do offer scholarships with the acceptance email, but only a few get them. They offer other scholarships which are for D2, D3 & D4. There are more info in their website, you might wanna look into it. Does anyone know when do we start applying for loans?

Reactions: 1 users
Do y’all think they’re operating today?
I can remember they said they will let us know before the break, like i think it was the whole point of having an interview session in December

I also got waitlisted on the 15th and am devastated cause UB is my top school especially since I am from Buffalo and live a few miles away from the school. Though my friend that goes there says to wait till the 30 day deadline is up, where people decide whether or not to leave a deposit. My friend said that spots opened up quickly as people made their decisions to leave a deposit or not, especially on the day of the deadline. There can be many opened spots cause I know many people that have applied to 20+ schools so that's a lot of deposits. So I am praying for that! Have faith everyone!
Hopefully I can meet your faces in the fall!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I also got waitlisted on the 15th and am devastated cause UB is my top school especially since I am from Buffalo and live a few miles away from the school. Though my friend that goes there says to wait till the 30 day deadline is up, where people decide whether or not to leave a deposit. My friend said that spots opened up quickly as people made their decisions to leave a deposit or not, especially on the day of the deadline. There can be many opened spots cause I know many people that have applied to 20+ schools so that's a lot of deposits. So I am praying for that! Have faith everyone!
Yes! I hope we all get in to our dream school 💜

I was accepted to Buffalo but got into a school that is more convenient for me, i hope one of you gets the spot!

Reactions: 4 users
People who interviewed on December 17th, have you guys heard back? When do you all think we will hear back? I need to decide if I should pay another school’s deposit :((

People who interviewed on December 17th, have you guys heard back? When do you all think we will hear back? I need to decide if I should pay another school’s deposit :((
If you don't hear back before the deposit is due, you should definitely submit the deposit, for the sake of securing your future!

Haven’t heard back yet either

Has anyone gotten interviews since December 17?

I am in the same boat! I am really hoping to get off the waitlist soon! Buffalo is my dream school!

Does anyone have any idea on when the waitlist may start to see some movement?

I sent Buffalo a letter of interest on Monday and they just got back to me today acknowledging it. I’m sure they’ll send more acceptances and invites soon!

Has anyone with an interview on December 17th heard back yet?

Does anyone have any idea on when the waitlist may start to see some movement?
Nope. I sent a letter of intent on Monday also and also heard back today that they would let me know if there’s any changes to my status. I assume we will start to see some movement once the 30 days are up since initial acceptances were sent out.

do u think they r still sending out interview invites or if we havent gotten one yet we probably won't???