Buffalo Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

anyone received an interview invite recently??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I'm a current D2 at UB, message me if you have any questions! Also if you're looking for housing at axis 360 I can help with that :)

Buffalo Vs NYU??? Not really sure which to pick. Im in state if anyone could help with the decision id appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buffalo Vs NYU??? Not really sure which to pick. Im in state if anyone could help with the decision id appreciate it.
I think you should go with NYU, not that it’s a bad thing but if you’re having difficulty choosing you probably know which is the one you’re itching to go to. My guess is NYU so go where makes you happy, you’ll be there for 4 years atleast.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay did my masters in Buffalo and pros of living in Buffalo 1) MUCH cheaper than NYC 2) pretty solid art scene, lots of restaurants, people are very friendly 3) UB is an excellent school, amazing facilities - if you are interested in doing research while in dental school UB is an excellent choice. 4) school tuition is far cheaper as well.
no matter how you look at it living in NYC is far more fun than Buffalo, naturally there is more to do and much more exciting things happening too. at NYU you also will have more exposure to unique procedures/patients than you wouldn't have in Buffalo. Ultimately it's up to you, both are solid choices. My main determent would be the tuition/general living expense of NYU/NYC. But if it is manageable for you then go for it :) oh and congrats on getting accepted to both schools!

I think you should go with NYU, not that it’s a bad thing but if you’re having difficulty choosing you probably know which is the one you’re itching to go to. My guess is NYU so go where makes you happy, you’ll be there for 4 years atleast.
The only turn off about NYU is the tuition and the fact that I've heard they're dental school is more self learning. I feel like its not worth it for the tuition. Buffalo is really good but im not sure how i feel about moving away being that i was born and raised in the city. Thanks for the reply btw!

Okay did my masters in Buffalo and pros of living in Buffalo 1) MUCH cheaper than NYC 2) pretty solid art scene, lots of restaurants, people are very friendly 3) UB is an excellent school, amazing facilities - if you are interested in doing research while in dental school UB is an excellent choice. 4) school tuition is far cheaper as well.
no matter how you look at it living in NYC is far more fun than Buffalo, naturally there is more to do and much more exciting things happening too. at NYU you also will have more exposure to unique procedures/patients than you wouldn't have in Buffalo. Ultimately it's up to you, both are solid choices. My main determent would be the tuition/general living expense of NYU/NYC. But if it is manageable for you then go for it :) oh and congrats on getting accepted to both schools!
Thank you ! Well i would be living at home with my family at NYU. But I've heard a lot of great things about buffalo and the tuition is much cheaper which is why im leaning more towards buffalo. Im just not sure whether living in buffalo would financial be the same if i was to stay at home and go to NYU. Cost is a major factor for me cause i want to minimize my debt as much as possible.

Thank you ! Well i would be living at home with my family at NYU. But I've heard a lot of great things about buffalo and the tuition is much cheaper which is why im leaning more towards buffalo. Im just not sure whether living in buffalo would financial be the same if i was to stay at home and go to NYU. Cost is a major factor for me cause i want to minimize my debt as much as possible.
oh yeah that definitely might change things then! I didn't know you would be living with family, might want to look deeper into the costs ie tuition + rent + food + transportation in Buffalo vs just tuition in NYU

I know it's late in the game, but has anyone recieved an interview recently??

I know it's late in the game, but has anyone recieved an interview recently??
nopee, it's wierd bc admissions said they were interviewing throughout March but idk anyone who received an invite and March is almost over lol but guess I'll still stay hopeful

Reactions: 2 users
nopee, it's wierd bc admissions said they were interviewing throughout March but idk anyone who received an invite and March is almost over lol but guess I'll still stay hopeful
I've noticed they send out most notices on mondays. Every monday i've been jumping out of my chair every time I get an email. Hopefully they send out another wave the upcoming mondays.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the "continuing review" email a couple weeks ago, and been trying to hold out hope but it's getting harder by the day :(
I got that email in November and I’ve still heard nothing even though I sent them 2 letters of interest

I got that email in November and I’ve still heard nothing even though I sent them 2 letters of interest
Really?? Have you tried calling, reiterating your interest verbally? Have you got the confirmation emails from the letters of interest? I'm rooting for you.

Really?? Have you tried calling, reiterating your interest verbally? Have you got the confirmation emails from the letters of interest? I'm rooting for you.
No I didn’t try calling, who do you call? And yes I did get confirmation emails for both my letters

No I didn’t try calling, who do you call? And yes I did get confirmation emails for both my letters
I heard people call the admissions team, rather than emailing to give a verbal update of things, and check out what the status is of their application!

I heard people call the admissions team, rather than emailing to give a verbal update of things, and check out what the status is of their application!
I've called a couple times at their admissions office (the phone number is online) usually someone picks up and takes a notation of your name/that you called. They're very friendly

The only turn off about NYU is the tuition and the fact that I've heard they're dental school is more self learning. I feel like its not worth it for the tuition. Buffalo is really good but im not sure how i feel about moving away being that i was born and raised in the city. Thanks for the reply btw
The only turn off about NYU is the tuition and the fact that I've heard they're dental school is more self learning. I feel like its not worth it for the tuition. Buffalo is really good but im not sure how i feel about moving away being that i was born and raised in the city. Thanks for the reply btw!
Hmm. If your family and friends are an important support system for you then choose based on that. I think that’s really important as well. Whatever you do, it’ll be the right choice for YOU :) all the best !

Yeah I was also wondering if anyone heard anything this month because I got the Continuing Review email in November and sent two letters of interest and havent heard back since.

Yeah I was also wondering if anyone heard anything this month because I got the Continuing Review email in November and sent two letters of interest and havent heard back since.
ME TOO literally I’m in the exact same situation and I’ve heard NOTHING

I was in this situation too this cycle and rn commit to buffalo! The fact that one is treated like a number at nyu according to current students was a huge deterrent. And value for tuition is massive too esp with ds costs

Sent my letter declining the acceptance. There’s at least one more seat open. Good luck everyone!

For the people that called admissions and actually talked to someone what did you do? I’ve tried calling twice now and it just says no one is available to answer the phone and I could either leave a message or email them. I don’t want to do either because emailing them never seems to work and leaving a message doesn’t seem very professional. How did you get through to talk to an actual person?

got an acceptance this morning!

Reactions: 4 users
any OOS on here that got accepted? can u please share stats? Thank you!!

Anyone else received updates, I was put on the alternative status list and have been sending letters of interest Over the last three weeks. Panicking because I really wanna stay in Buffalo

Anyone else received updates, I was put on the alternative status list and have been sending letters of interest Over the last three weeks. Panicking because I really wanna stay in Buffalo
I know this is a little late, but Admissions told me that the class is currently full. There could be possible movement, but I’m starting to lose hope now :(

I got a call from Luke yesterday offering me a spot off the waitlist but I turned it down as I’m attending another school!!! Hopefully someone else will hear some good news :)

Hi Everyone
I got a call yesterday from Luke offering me a spot off the waitlist and I accepted! This was the only school that accepted me from the past cycle and I am very excited to start!
I am an OOS resident (from Detroit, MI) 3.5 GPA, 3.2 sGPA, 21 AA, 22 TS and 19 PAT

Reactions: 1 users
I got a call from Luke yesterday offering me a spot off the waitlist but I turned it down as I’m attending another school!!! Hopefully someone else will hear some good news :)
What should I do differently, I’ve been doing my weekly calls and letters of interest and changes in my application and still nothing. I just wanna cry at this point …

Hi Everyone
I got a call yesterday from Luke offering me a spot off the waitlist and I accepted! This was the only school that accepted me from the past cycle and I am very excited to start!
I am an OOS resident (from Detroit, MI) 3.5 GPA, 3.2 sGPA, 21 AA, 22 TS and 19 PAT
What should I do differently, I’ve been doing my weekly calls and letters of interest and changes in my application and still nothing. I just wanna cry at this point …

What is your DAT / gpa?

What is your DAT / gpa?
19 aa 19 ts 21 pat … 3.84gpa and I feel like I did the works (research,volunteer,shadowing,travel, dental hygienist ) and a post Bach so idk ugh. I’m convinced it must be something else but they don’t give me much feedback when I call