Buffalo Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

can you send a letter of intent after your interview or can it only be sent after they make a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

can you send a letter of intent after your interview or can it only be sent after they make a decision?
Can be sent anytime, though I would recommend sending it after your interview, my friend who is a D2 there said to keep showing interest. Write about you have been doing since the interview even.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My interviews was on December 17th and I got waitlisted then. Anyone got off the waitlist who interviewed on December 17th or after? :(((

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has looked at the estimated expense pdf, do you know if the "educational expenses-charged on tuition bill" is part of the tuition or charged on top of tuition?

i got an email notifying me of acceptance. I interviewed in November and was waitlisted on Dec 15. I sent a letter of intent and called a few times to update what i’ve been doing and reiterating my interest. and I did get that survey asking if i was still interested last week. My stats are 3.95 GPA and science GPA, and 19 AA and 20 TS and i’m OOS.

Reactions: 1 user
Same here! 4:27 pm, now it will be so hard convincing my parents for buffalo over nyu but we'll see
Buffalo vs. NYU?? Dude, I feel like that's a no-brainer; why would you choose NYU when you could attend Buffalo and get a better and more affordable dental education?

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else been placed in continuing review? They sent me an email a while ago so I was wondering if anyone who was was placed in continuing review as well has heard anything?

Just got accepted today!! Super excited!! Buffalo is my first choice so I’m so excited!! Interviewed in November and got waitlisted Dec 15!

Buffalo vs. NYU?? Dude, I feel like that's a no-brainer; why would you choose NYU when you could attend Buffalo and get a better and more affordable dental education?

Yes you're right but things like being by my family especially for the next four years it's really tough from my family's perspective if I were to go a bit farther from home. Overall I do feel like buffalo checks more boxes off but I want to ensure its a decision that is great for me and makes my family happy. That's the biggest issue I think my family sees, but they told me to choose what I believe is best for me. I hope I can come to a well thought out decision good luck to everyone

Reactions: 2 users
Yes you're right but things like being by my family especially for the next four years it's really tough from my family's perspective if I were to go a bit farther from home. Overall I do feel like buffalo checks more boxes off but I want to ensure its a decision that is great for me and makes my family happy. That's the biggest issue I think my family sees, but they told me to choose what I believe is best for me. I hope I can come to a well thought out decision good luck to everyone
I see where you're coming from because I'm also from NYC and super close to my family. Good luck! I hope you choose UB haha :)

i got an email notifying me of acceptance. I interviewed in November and was waitlisted on Dec 15. I sent a letter of intent and called a few times to update what i’ve been doing and reiterating my interest. and I did get that survey asking if i was still interested last week. My stats are 3.95 GPA and science GPA, and 19 AA and 20 TS and i’m OOS.
congrats! who did you call? did you call the admissions office?

Has anyone else been placed in continuing review? They sent me an email a while ago so I was wondering if anyone who was was placed in continuing review as well has heard anything?
I also got this, wonder if we'll get a call to interview sometime soon? 🤞

Officially committed to Buffalo!! Can’t wait to start and meet my fellow classmates!! :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Are they still interviewing?

Just got an email saying: The Committee has placed your application in "Continuing Review." I haven't interviewed.. would you guys recommend sending a letter of intent?

Just got an email saying: The Committee has placed your application in "Continuing Review." I haven't interviewed.. would you guys recommend sending a letter of intent?
yes send a letter of intent, they had a webinar a couple of months ago and someone asked what they should do if they havent received an interview yet and they said to just like stay in touch and send in emails about updates about new experiences etc

yes send a letter of intent, they had a webinar a couple of months ago and someone asked what they should do if they havent received an interview yet and they said to just like stay in touch and send in emails about updates about new experiences etc
I also got an email saying that the committee has placed your application in "continuing review," how sould I go about writing a letter of intent?

I also got an email saying that the committee has placed your application in "continuing review," how sould I go about writing a letter of intent?
I just sent an email of updated experiences and how it will benefit me in dental school especially at UB, as well as explaining why UB was my top choice and how I think I would positively impact the school. HUGE DISCLAIMER Im an applicant and havent gotten an interview yet so take this advice with multiple grains of salt lol

you guys finalizing housing at buffalo, between the popular options of collegiate village vs axis 360, why one versus the other? pros and cons of both?

Any chance of still getting off the waitlist? :(

There’s def still a chance you get off the wait list!! My friend that’s a D2 at Buffalo said she has a few classmates that didn’t get accepted off the waitlist until April! It just all depends on whether people accept or reject buffalos offer. Some people even pull out last minute.

• Love
I just sent an email of updated experiences and how it will benefit me in dental school especially at UB, as well as explaining why UB was my top choice and how I think I would positively impact the school. HUGE DISCLAIMER Im an applicant and havent gotten an interview yet so take this advice with multiple grains of salt lol
who do you send the letter to if you dont mind me asking?

anyone know what the schedule is like during the year? When is summer break?

Same here! 4:27 pm, now it will be so hard convincing my parents for buffalo over nyu but we'll see
I am in the same situation. NYU gave me a 25k scholarship still gonna be 75K a year. Might as well go UB because its 36K off the bat. Hopefully ill see you on campus.

I am in the same situation. NYU gave me a 25k scholarship still gonna be 75K a year. Might as well go UB because its 36K off the bat. Hopefully ill see you on campus.
make sure you also look at other expenses such as part a (educational expenses) which is $16,052 added to 36k. Other schools have included those fees already in the tuition but buffalo does not.

make sure you also look at other expenses such as part a (educational expenses) which is $16,052 added to 36k. Other schools have included those fees already in the tuition but buffalo does not.

image-2021-02-07-11:58:40-716.jpg

Take a look here I did the cost breakdown, it could be variable based on your own expenses. I assumed 900 rent in buffalo but u can get lower or higher than that value. And transportation I accounted for airfare and/or car travel including E-ZPass/gas-electric fuel. Waived insurance also

Received an interview invite a few days ago. Any advice? I believe that two members of the faculty will be conducting the interview together so a little nervous about that.

Received an interview invite a few days ago. Any advice? I believe that two members of the faculty will be conducting the interview together so a little nervous about that.
When is your interview? Did you ever send them a letter of interest?

View attachment 329422
Take a look here I did the cost breakdown, it could be variable based on your own expenses. I assumed 900 rent in buffalo but u can get lower or higher than that value. And transportation I accounted for airfare and/or car travel including E-ZPass/gas-electric fuel. Waived insurance also
Rutgers is a state school, they have instate after a year

Congrats and good luck! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you completed the supplemental application? I am still hoping I'd get an interview with them and your post gives me so much hope. Wish you all the best with the interview!!