You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Buffalo Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
wolf30
Full Member
Can be sent anytime, though I would recommend sending it after your interview, my friend who is a D2 there said to keep showing interest. Write about you have been doing since the interview even.can you send a letter of intent after your interview or can it only be sent after they make a decision?
Just got in off the waitlist!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got in off the waitlist!
Same here! 4:27 pm, now it will be so hard convincing my parents for buffalo over nyu but we'll see [emoji1431][emoji1431]
Did you get a call or emailJust got accepted! dreams do come true 🙂
congrats! when did you interview?Just got accepted! dreams do come true 🙂
Not who you responded to but I got an email.Did you get a call or email
When was your interview?Not who you responded to but I got an email.
Early November. Then I was waitlisted.When was your interview?
If anyone has looked at the estimated expense pdf, do you know if the "educational expenses-charged on tuition bill" is part of the tuition or charged on top of tuition?
i got an email notifying me of acceptance. I interviewed in November and was waitlisted on Dec 15. I sent a letter of intent and called a few times to update what i’ve been doing and reiterating my interest. and I did get that survey asking if i was still interested last week. My stats are 3.95 GPA and science GPA, and 19 AA and 20 TS and i’m OOS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Buffalo vs. NYU?? Dude, I feel like that's a no-brainer; why would you choose NYU when you could attend Buffalo and get a better and more affordable dental education?Same here! 4:27 pm, now it will be so hard convincing my parents for buffalo over nyu but we'll see [emoji1431][emoji1431]
Buffalo vs. NYU?? Dude, I feel like that's a no-brainer; why would you choose NYU when you could attend Buffalo and get a better and more affordable dental education?
Yes you're right but things like being by my family especially for the next four years it's really tough from my family's perspective if I were to go a bit farther from home. Overall I do feel like buffalo checks more boxes off but I want to ensure its a decision that is great for me and makes my family happy. That's the biggest issue I think my family sees, but they told me to choose what I believe is best for me. I hope I can come to a well thought out decision [emoji1431][emoji1431] good luck to everyone
I see where you're coming from because I'm also from NYC and super close to my family. Good luck! I hope you choose UB haha 🙂Yes you're right but things like being by my family especially for the next four years it's really tough from my family's perspective if I were to go a bit farther from home. Overall I do feel like buffalo checks more boxes off but I want to ensure its a decision that is great for me and makes my family happy. That's the biggest issue I think my family sees, but they told me to choose what I believe is best for me. I hope I can come to a well thought out decision [emoji1431][emoji1431] good luck to everyone
congrats! who did you call? did you call the admissions office?i got an email notifying me of acceptance. I interviewed in November and was waitlisted on Dec 15. I sent a letter of intent and called a few times to update what i’ve been doing and reiterating my interest. and I did get that survey asking if i was still interested last week. My stats are 3.95 GPA and science GPA, and 19 AA and 20 TS and i’m OOS.
yes the admissions person - most of the time no one answered so i left a voicemail.congrats! who did you call? did you call the admissions office?
I also got this, wonder if we'll get a call to interview sometime soon? 🤞Has anyone else been placed in continuing review? They sent me an email a while ago so I was wondering if anyone who was was placed in continuing review as well has heard anything?
hopefully, we'll hear something back soon 🙂I also got this, wonder if we'll get a call to interview sometime soon? 🤞
congrats! when did you interview/ get in?Officially committed to Buffalo!! Can’t wait to start and meet my fellow classmates!! 🙂
I was told they interview up until marchAre they still interviewing?
I was told they interview up until march
I was on the website and it said that the admitted student day is on february 27th. I wonder if they have interviews after that day or it ends then...Are they still interviewing?
lemonade275L
New Member
Just got an email saying: The Committee has placed your application in "Continuing Review." I haven't interviewed.. would you guys recommend sending a letter of intent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes send a letter of intent, they had a webinar a couple of months ago and someone asked what they should do if they havent received an interview yet and they said to just like stay in touch and send in emails about updates about new experiences etcJust got an email saying: The Committee has placed your application in "Continuing Review." I haven't interviewed.. would you guys recommend sending a letter of intent?
Canadian_Student
Full Member
I also got an email saying that the committee has placed your application in "continuing review," how sould I go about writing a letter of intent?yes send a letter of intent, they had a webinar a couple of months ago and someone asked what they should do if they havent received an interview yet and they said to just like stay in touch and send in emails about updates about new experiences etc
I just sent an email of updated experiences and how it will benefit me in dental school especially at UB, as well as explaining why UB was my top choice and how I think I would positively impact the school. HUGE DISCLAIMER Im an applicant and havent gotten an interview yet so take this advice with multiple grains of salt lolI also got an email saying that the committee has placed your application in "continuing review," how sould I go about writing a letter of intent?
you guys finalizing housing at buffalo, between the popular options of collegiate village vs axis 360, why one versus the other? pros and cons of both?
Interviewed in early December, waitlisted December 15th, accepted end of January!congrats! when did you interview/ get in?
me too 🙁Any chance of still getting off the waitlist? 🙁
There’s def still a chance you get off the wait list!! My friend that’s a D2 at Buffalo said she has a few classmates that didn’t get accepted off the waitlist until April! It just all depends on whether people accept or reject buffalos offer. Some people even pull out last minute.me too 🙁
Canadian_Student
Full Member
who do you send the letter to if you dont mind me asking?I just sent an email of updated experiences and how it will benefit me in dental school especially at UB, as well as explaining why UB was my top choice and how I think I would positively impact the school. HUGE DISCLAIMER Im an applicant and havent gotten an interview yet so take this advice with multiple grains of salt lol
rs123
Full Member
I DiD! pm Me!Also any canadian got into UB?
lengdg2
New Member
I am in the same situation. NYU gave me a 25k scholarship still gonna be 75K a year. Might as well go UB because its 36K off the bat. Hopefully ill see you on campus.Same here! 4:27 pm, now it will be so hard convincing my parents for buffalo over nyu but we'll see [emoji1431][emoji1431]
make sure you also look at other expenses such as part a (educational expenses) which is $16,052 added to 36k. Other schools have included those fees already in the tuition but buffalo does not.I am in the same situation. NYU gave me a 25k scholarship still gonna be 75K a year. Might as well go UB because its 36K off the bat. Hopefully ill see you on campus.
make sure you also look at other expenses such as part a (educational expenses) which is $16,052 added to 36k. Other schools have included those fees already in the tuition but buffalo does not.
Take a look here I did the cost breakdown, it could be variable based on your own expenses. I assumed 900 rent in buffalo but u can get lower or higher than that value. And transportation I accounted for airfare and/or car travel including E-ZPass/gas-electric fuel. Waived insurance also
koffeeaddict
Full Member
Received an interview invite a few days ago. Any advice? I believe that two members of the faculty will be conducting the interview together so a little nervous about that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is your interview? Did you ever send them a letter of interest?Received an interview invite a few days ago. Any advice? I believe that two members of the faculty will be conducting the interview together so a little nervous about that.
koffeeaddict
Full Member
Yeah, but back in January. They gave two interview dates, I chose Feb 17.When is your interview? Did you ever send them a letter of interest?
JenniferO
Full Member
Rutgers is a state school, they have instate after a yearView attachment 329422
Take a look here I did the cost breakdown, it could be variable based on your own expenses. I assumed 900 rent in buffalo but u can get lower or higher than that value. And transportation I accounted for airfare and/or car travel including E-ZPass/gas-electric fuel. Waived insurance also
Rutgers is a state school, they have instate after a year
Sorry! I assumed that I would be commuting from home, so I didn't account for it!
Congrats and good luck! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you completed the supplemental application? I am still hoping I'd get an interview with them and your post gives me so much hope. Wish you all the best with the interview!!Received an interview invite a few days ago. Any advice? I believe that two members of the faculty will be conducting the interview together so a little nervous about that.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K