Buffalo PharmD (2009 Fall) Waitlist-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sydhassan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
i tried to find a thread where I can discuss with other people on Buffalo wait list for this year. I couldn't find one so I thought I should make one. Lets try to discuss our options and help each other get through this nerve wrecking wait.

I had my interview on March 20th 2009 and today (March 26) I received en email saying I got waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,
i tried to find a thread where I can discuss with other people on Buffalo wait list for this year. I couldn't find one so I thought I should make one. Lets try to discuss our options and help each other get through this nerve wrecking wait.

I had my interview on March 20th 2009 and today (March 26) I received en email saying I got waitlisted

I interviewed back in February and I am on the wait list as well.
As of now I am going to continue making plans to go to Midwestern CCP until I hear something from UB.

Do you have a back-up school?

I have been wait listed for an interview since Dec. 1st.... this could be a long summer of waiting. Good Luck!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed back in February and I am on the wait list as well.
As of now I am going to continue making plans to go to Midwestern CCP until I hear something from UB.

Do you have a back-up school?

I do not have any back up! I had another interview (Mar 26) at MCPHS-Worcester, still have to hear from them.

Also, does anyone know how many people were on wait list last year? I remember they said that they accepted everyone on waitlist last year, but they didn't say how many people were there.

i spoke to the asst. dean a few weeks ago and she said ub places about 30 ppl on the waitlist each year, and apparently, everyone was pulled off the list. so i'm praying...can't wait till may to get an acceptance letter.

should i call them to see if anyone was pulled off the list as of this moment?

At my interview, they mentioned that most people got in eventually, even up until august because some students don't tell the school that they cancellled. I may decline my seat if I get into usn or lecom Erie. So there is hope for all of you! Buffalo is a great school btw. I love it

i spoke to the asst. dean a few weeks ago and she said ub places about 30 ppl on the waitlist each year, and apparently, everyone was pulled off the list. so i'm praying...can't wait till may to get an acceptance letter.

should i call them to see if anyone was pulled off the list as of this moment?

I emailed buffalo about details, they just sent me a link to the UB websites FAQ, and there it mentions that the earliest possible date for wait list informations will mid of May. I do not see any harm in contacting them, they are pretty relaxed about it and they understand that all students on waitlist are nervous.

I got waitlisted too..I hate it..Now i have to put in deposit for another school..I dont know if I should move out from where I live..I go to UB..Its a mess..a lot of money being wasted..I hope they had given the deposit back..

Last edited:
Any one have any idea how many ppl are on waiting list and what are the chances of getting in??
And is there any one here who was in waiting list last year and got in..If yes then when did you get notified??

Any one have any idea how many ppl are on waiting list and what are the chances of getting in??
And is there any one here who was in waiting list last year and got in..If yes then when did you get notified??

Read the above posts and they answered most of your questions

Since I am not seeing a lot of people posting on this thread, I would like to think that there are not a lot of people on buffalo waiting list. which is a good sign!

Also, does anyone know when is the last round of interviews for Buffalo PharmD program ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Since I am not seeing a lot of people posting on this thread, I would like to think that there are not a lot of people on buffalo waiting list. which is a good sign!

Also, does anyone know when is the last round of interviews for Buffalo PharmD program ?

I'm still waitlisted before an interview, and I heard that the last round was last friday and this friday apparently. I guess after that they will start randomly calling people in starting in like May I think. I also heard the summer time interview sessions are in July. Who knows though, by July I'll probably already be somewhere else at another school.

Thanks for nothing UB you never fail to let me down. I only will have 2 degrees from your school, and my masters experience has been the most frustrating and miserble two years of my life, this is one alumna who won't be giving you any donations. :mad::mad::mad:

So I wasn't going to post on this thread until I heard something (I've gotten so superstitious since applying to pharmacy school)..but now that I've heard, I can post. I got waitlisted!!

Supposedly a bunch of people got in last year off of the waitlist so I am trying to stay positive!
lol I feel like I am in some kind of abusive relationship with UB..waitlisted..nono we'll interview you..oh just kidding, waitlist again!!

Hopefully we will all get in!
Has anyone on these boards turned down their spots to UB recently??;)

I have a feeling most of the waitlisters will get in. UB only asks for a $150 deposit to hold onto a seat, which leaves those who choose to accept their seats with very little to lose should they not attend.

I'm curious if they're going to take those who were waitlisted after interview first or proceed to interview the rest who're on the waitlist and then decide.

I'm also wondering if people who have been interviewed get preference. I've been waitlisted as well w/o an interview. Based on what people are saying theres a good chance for most people on the waitlist to be accepted? I'm super nervous, especially because you want to find out sooner rather than later.

I'm also wondering if people who have been interviewed get preference. I've been waitlisted as well w/o an interview. Based on what people are saying theres a good chance for most people on the waitlist to be accepted? I'm super nervous, especially because you want to find out sooner rather than later.

There was an information session before the interviews and the school tour. During the info session the staff said that last year whoever got on waiting list eventually got accepted to Buffalo. However, she also said that every year it changes. For eg: Last to Last year, not everyone one waiting list got in.

Thats why everyone thinks that once you get on waiting list there is a good chance of getting in. But they didnt specify whether they were saying this for all waitlisters or only who get wait listed after interview.

The wait list is not ranked.

There will be another interview in a few months for those on the wait list. At that point they will look at everyone for the spots remaining.

I don't understand how a wait list can not be ranked. Someone is always going to get in before someone else - why don't they just rank it and make our lives easier?

because there are a lot of people out there who probably interview very well but didn't have the #'s to get an interview up front

They get interviewed at a later date, and you have effectively made another applicant pool from which to pull talent.

I know it sucks but this happens everywhere

So I wasn't going to post on this thread until I heard something (I've gotten so superstitious since applying to pharmacy school)..but now that I've heard, I can post. I got waitlisted!!

Supposedly a bunch of people got in last year off of the waitlist so I am trying to stay positive!
lol I feel like I am in some kind of abusive relationship with UB..waitlisted..nono we'll interview you..oh just kidding, waitlist again!!

Hopefully we will all get in!
Has anyone on these boards turned down their spots to UB recently??;)
I'm in the same boat as you, Waitlist... oh come interview, waitlist agian! I'm hoping for something good to happen in the next month or so.

I'm in the same boat as you, Waitlist... oh come interview, waitlist agian! I'm hoping for something good to happen in the next month or so.

Oh that makes me feel better! I didn't know anyone else in the same situation as me.

Let us know if you hear something :) When did you interview??

Oh that makes me feel better! I didn't know anyone else in the same situation as me.

Let us know if you hear something :) When did you interview??
I interviewed on the 27th, which was the last day that they did interviews here (I'm not sure if that is a bad thing or if it doesn't matter). Do you go to school at ub now as well?

I interviewed on the 27th, which was the last day that they did interviews here (I'm not sure if that is a bad thing or if it doesn't matter). Do you go to school at ub now as well?

Yes I do and I interviewed on the 27th as well! What group were you in?

me too! I think I know who you are - did I sit next to you at the group skit?? I was the girl in the gray!
Yes!, I think I remember who you were as well, you're a grad student here now right? Our skit about aids was breath taking.

Yes!, I think I remember who you were as well, you're a grad student here now right? Our skit about aids was breath taking.

haha, breath taking it was! And yep, I'm a grad student at UB -- have you spoken to UB since being waitlisted? I emailed them confirming my position on the waitlist and asking some questions, and I just got a very generic email back basically saying the same thing as the original wait list letter.

haha, breath taking it was! And yep, I'm a grad student at UB -- have you spoken to UB since being waitlisted? I emailed them confirming my position on the waitlist and asking some questions, and I just got a very generic email back basically saying the same thing as the original wait list letter.
Exact same, I emailed Jen Hess with a few questions and concerns and she pretty much danced around anything that would have been helpful to me. I guess I understand she has to obey the rules and everything, just all this waiting is painful. Its nice knowing that we did get in to fisher if nothing surfaces at ub.

I keep checking this forum to see if anyone hears anything... but honestly i don't think we are going to hear back about wait list stuff for a good while.:(

I keep checking this forum to see if anyone hears anything... but honestly i don't think we are going to hear back about wait list stuff for a good while.:(

Yeah..I'm thinking a month at the very least. I know they are waiting to see if all of the early assurance kids meet their requirements after the end of this semester, and..it'll be awhile until everyones get their grades in. Annoying..but I try not to think about it.

thought I'd revive this thread..

Is anyone giving up their spot at UB?

the wait is killing me. i want to know when i will get my ****ing interview:boom::boom::diebanana:

sorry for the language lol
i just HATE being in limbo

Hey guys. I also am on the waitlist for UB (no interview yet). I emailed the school about a week ago. At first they said they have no info for me.

I replied saying they must have a rank or know how many spots are filled to give me an idea. They said that currently, all the spots are taken and we basically just gotta wait to see if anyone withdraws.

Side question:

I just paid my deposit to st. john fisher. I haven't gotten my matriculation pack yet. Im wondering, when is the latest that I can drop my spot at fisher should I hear from UB?

Hey guys. I also am on the waitlist for UB (no interview yet). I emailed the school about a week ago. At first they said they have no info for me.

I replied saying they must have a rank or know how many spots are filled to give me an idea. They said that currently, all the spots are taken and we basically just gotta wait to see if anyone withdraws.

Side question:

I just paid my deposit to st. john fisher. I haven't gotten my matriculation pack yet. Im wondering, when is the latest that I can drop my spot at fisher should I hear from UB?

You can technically wait until the first day of classes. I'm exactly in the same position as you - waitlisted at UB, deposit paid at SJF.

anyone hear anything? my email has been screwy lately and i'm paranoid that i missed something.

though i assume we wouldn't hear anything until grades come in.

anyone hear anything? my email has been screwy lately and i'm paranoid that i missed something.

though i assume we wouldn't hear anything until grades come in.

Today is officially middle of the month :)

I haven't heard anything, but I think grades were due in yesterday or today..so hopefully we will start to hear something soon.

yea grades were due yesterday, i'd assume by june 1st people who are on the waitlist will start hearing things

It feels like we're a bunch of vulchers waiting for people to fail off... :hungover:

It feels like we're a bunch of vulchers waiting for people to fail off... :hungover:

:lol::lol:

yeah I really hope a lot of people decide to go to other schools.
This is all making me really nervous. Really nervous. I feel like it's just false hope for the eventual letdown :( I'm going to assume that it's really slow right now, especially since the deposit is cheap and does not really push people into not taking a spot (ex. if the deposit was expensive some people might decline if they are not completely sure they want to go to UB). But I guess as the next month or so goes by there will be more movement. Well, I hope at least. Imagining our luck every single person will decide to go to UB :laugh: I'm just really nervous waiting for an interview (I was waitlisted before the interview)

Just a bit of an update --

There are 30 people on the waitlist all together (including pre-interview and post-interview). 15 people have not yet responded to wait list offers.
If they do respond..45 spots seems kind of like a lot, there can't possibly be that much movement, can there?

No, I spoke to the admissions office. It was the girl in the admissions office, she looked it up right on the computer as I was on the phone with her.

This is from the other UB thread but scne it pertains to the waitlist I thought I'd bring it here. I know that you got info about how big the waitlist is (thanks) but I thought I'd contact them since the deadline for deciding to remain on the waitlist passed since then.

Who exactly did you talk to? I tried emailing Jennifer Hess and the general ub contact email but did not get an answer. I just got the general "cannot give information out" crap. I received this from Christine Stumm. Maybe if I call them I might get an answer.

I got this from Christine Stuum:
The number of wait-listed applicants we accept can vary significantly from year to year. Based on the number of candidates rejected or who decline our offer of admission, candidates on the wait list may be invited for an interview and ultimately accepted. Since reasons for declining an admission offer or rescinding an offer are often related to unexpected situations, it is impossible to predict the number of alternates that will be offered admission. While we cannot provide you with information regarding your likelihood of admission, we can assure you that we will work diligently to make admission offers if space becomes available.

:lol::lol:

yeah I really hope a lot of people decide to go to other schools.
This is all making me really nervous. Really nervous. I feel like it's just false hope for the eventual letdown :( I'm going to assume that it's really slow right now, especially since the deposit is cheap and does not really push people into not taking a spot (ex. if the deposit was expensive some people might decline if they are not completely sure they want to go to UB). But I guess as the next month or so goes by there will be more movement. Well, I hope at least. Imagining our luck every single person will decide to go to UB :laugh: I'm just really nervous waiting for an interview (I was waitlisted before the interview)

This is from the other UB thread but scne it pertains to the waitlist I thought I'd bring it here. I know that you got info about how big the waitlist is (thanks) but I thought I'd contact them since the deadline for deciding to remain on the waitlist passed since then.

Who exactly did you talk to? I tried emailing Jennifer Hess and the general ub contact email but did not get an answer. I just got the general "cannot give information out" crap. I received this from Christine Stumm. Maybe if I call them I might get an answer.

I got this from Christine Stuum:

omg, how much more impersonal can you get with that email. I also spoke to Chrstine Stum when I got my information, I stopped by the admissions office and spoke to her, just couldn't remember her name.
I might call there within the next few days to find out whats going on. Let us know what you hear and I'll do the same. :)

omg, how much more impersonal can you get with that email. I also spoke to Chrstine Stum when I got my information, I stopped by the admissions office and spoke to her, just couldn't remember her name.
I might call there within the next few days to find out whats going on. Let us know what you hear and I'll do the same. :)

St. John Fisher. I got a two sentence response saying that their waitlist was not ranked. Their admissions is like a secret society. To their defense, they did personally call me once (my email was acting up) to tell me general waitlist info. It didn't help but at least they called me.

here's another gem I got from the UB waitlist
Thank you for response to remain on our wait list. We will contact you should a seat become available - no later than the middle of August.
Middle of August? That's like when school starts :help:

While I expect a few waitlisters to hear from admissions in a week or two due to those declining their seats and/or EA students falling below 3.5 GPA, I expect most to hear back in early- to mid-July. There are many tasks that need to be completed by 6/30 so I'm sure admissions will get a better idea once that deadline passes.

While I expect a few waitlisters to hear from admissions in a week or two due to those declining their seats and/or EA students falling below 3.5 GPA, I expect most to hear back in early- to mid-July. There are many tasks that need to be completed by 6/30 so I'm sure admissions will get a better idea once that deadline passes.

Any reason why you said june 30? is it a deadline for other schools because I don't think UB has a deadline for anything for the admissions process.

My friend was applying to med school this year and was accepted to multiple schools. She told me that the med school admissions (I think whatever is the equivalent of PharmCAS) has a date, I think in mid May or something, where you have to choose one school to go to. This is to make sure that a person is not taking up 4 seats. If you don't choose, you don't go to any school. I'm like, wtf, why doesn't pharmacy school has something like that :laugh:

I'm honestly lost hope at this point. Doesn't help that I had a really bad grade in a science course this semester (in pharmacology, no less :()

Any reason why you said june 30? is it a deadline for other schools because I don't think UB has a deadline for anything for the admissions process.
This is a deadline for those who've been accepted.

Due by 6/30:
1. 1st page of pre-orientation packet (White Coat Ceremony info + course waiver requests)
2. Official transcripts and proof of HS graduation
3. Health background form

I got accepted!

...as a chem transfer. I'll finish my BS this year, and hopfully get into pharm next year. Meh...

I got accepted!

...as a chem transfer. I'll finish my BS this year, and hopfully get into pharm next year. Meh...

lol your post totally made my heart jump.

Congrats on the acceptance :)

....as a chem transfer :-D

This is a deadline for those who've been accepted.

Due by 6/30:
1. 1st page of pre-orientation packet (White Coat Ceremony info + course waiver requests)
2. Official transcripts and proof of HS graduation
3. Health background form

I believe the Health background form is due by 9/1. It was in my acceptance confirmation.