jacquean

5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I received an II for Burrell this past month and have an interview set for September 16th. Have a few things that were on my mind and I hoping someone can provide some input.

1) Anyone have an interview there on Sept 16th by any chance?

2) How many people does Burrell invite for an interview, basically what are my chances as of now?

3) Current BCOM students: whats the format of the interview? how can i prepare?

Last edited:

dogemeow

2+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
They openly said they admitted people with an MCAT of 17, I'm pretty sure you can get in as long as you don't do anything drastic at the interview.

Ho0v-man

2+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2014
Status
Medical Student
This was the most awesome interview I had last year. Super chill. No traps or trick questions. They genuinely just want to make sure you're not a weirdo or a sociopath. It's gonna be fun. PM me if you have some more questions. I very nearly matriculated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

adamo

5+ Year Member
May 22, 2013
Status
Medical Student
You're interviewing early so you do have a shot. Last year it was 10-15ish people invited for one day. Morning consisted of introductions and then the group split off; half the group tours and the other group interviews separately with a couple of adcom members. Then they switch. Then lunch.

Know your application well and have answers to the common DO questions. Good luck!

exacto

5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
They openly said they admitted people with an MCAT of 17, I'm pretty sure you can get in as long as you don't do anything drastic at the interview.
When/Where did they say this?

Alienman52

Straight from the Mothership
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Anyone know the % of students accepted post interview (not including wait list people) ??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: achitn

dogemeow

2+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2016
Status
When/Where did they say this?
The dean said it out loud at the interview when I was there last year. Some other people on sdn have also mentioned it in the BCOM 2015-2016 thread (they also heard it as well).

OP
A

achitn

2+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
omg I submitted my secondary too you think I have a shot with 507 mcat, 3.27 cgpa, and 3.18 sgpa? I have also gone on a mission trip to Honduras
I mean yeah I definitely think you have a shot. When did you submit your secondary? I submitted 7/10 and get an II on 7/20.

Feb 11, 2015
Arizona
Status
even if that's true, that is irrelevant.people get into MD schools with sub 20 scores every year. BCOMs average MCATwas 26 last year. they go off of fit and are extremely mission oriented. Your statement is useless and misleading

Last edited:

parpar2222

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I mean yeah I definitely think you have a shot. When did you submit your secondary? I submitted 7/10 and get an II on 7/20.

I submitted mine July 23, so a week ago. I had to submit it a little later cause I had to get the letter of rec from the D.O. Also, I called BCOM on Wed to ask them why my application is still incomplete. They said that even though I have submit my letters of rec to aacomas, they had some sort of a system error where they have to individually go and check mark the letters. just my luck. I hope I am still early. I mean I did my part.

CoomassieBlue57

2+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2015
Status
Medical Student
even if that's true, that is irrelevant.people get into MD schools with sub 20 scores every year. BCOMs average MCATwas 26 last year. they go off of fit and are extremely mission oriented. Your statement is useless and misleading
Is that the average of students accepted or the average of students matriculated?

dogemeow

2+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2016
Status
I'm sorry you are upset, but it is a fact. Also I will argue that my statement was not useless; OP asked if they were likely to get in and I am saying if they are willing to accept someone with an MCAT as low as 17, then it seems like it seems pretty easy to get in. Also low to mid 20's is much better than a 17, I'm sorry if you think otherwise.

That being said I did think BCOM seemed like a good program, good luck to you and all the others there.

Also as an edit, I will say I would have gone here because BCOM really does have a great mission statement and its obvious they are serious about sticking to it. The partnership they have with NMSU is also a huge plus, and everyone I met that day (faculty and staff) was so nice. I just opted for an older school.

Last edited:

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
I'm sorry you are upset, but it is a fact. Also I will argue that my statement was not useless; OP asked if they were likely to get in and I am saying if they are willing to accept someone with an MCAT as low as 17, then it seems like it seems pretty easy to get in. Also low to mid 20's is much better than a 17, I'm sorry if you think otherwise.

That being said I did think BCOM seemed like a good program, good luck to you and all the others there.

Also as an edit, I will say I would have gone here because BCOM really does have a great mission statement and its obvious they are serious about sticking to it. The partnership they have with NMSU is also a huge plus, and everyone I met that day (faculty and staff) was so nice. I just opted for an older school.
Remember they rejected people with > 30 MCAT, just like many other DO schools. No such thing as an easy acceptance, you can just as easily get rejected at the interview even if you had the stats.