Business Casual

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GalDental54

Reaction score
What do people wear to tours or banquets the day before their actual interview day?

I’ve heard it’s business casual and want to confirm I will be dressed appropriately.

If it’s in the afternoon (tour):

Guys - dress slacks, nice leather dress shoes, dress shirt but no tie (no blazer needed).

Gals - Nice, classy pant suit (or slacks) with a nice blouse.

If it’s an evening banquet:

Guys - same as above but with a blazer (or sports coat), or pullover sweater/cardigan....what about tie or no tie?

Gals - Dressy pant suit but preferably a nice dress....just not too dressy or formal.

Am I on the right track or do you have suggestions or corrections? Thanks in advance for any help! (I do know the dress that is appropriate for the interview day.)

Members don't see this ad.

I would say it's just business rather than business casual. So a tie is usually worn.

I would say it's just business rather than business casual. So a tie is usually worn.
So add a tie to the dress shirt and slacks? How about a sport coat or blazer? (Or do you mean that an actual suit should be worn both days?)

Thanks for your help!! I'd rather be over dressed than under dressed :)

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed at VCU, everyone was dressed as if they were going to interview even though the interviews weren't until the next day.

Reactions: 1 users
When I interviewed at VCU, everyone was dressed as if they were going to interview even though the interviews weren't until the next day.
Thank you for your response! Do guys feel it's ok to wear the same suit both days if a different shirt and ties is worn?