Business experience.. helpful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznpharmgurl10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I was a business student before changing my major to biology. I completed all my reqs to get into the college of business when I decided to switch over. Because I have all these classes, I was thinking about graduating with a minor in business (considering that I would only have to take three more classes) and it would fit into my schedule over the next two years very nicely. I was wondering if having a business background might help in getting accepted. I was reading that some pharm schools like it if you have a background in business. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

i believe that business experience will be helpful in your personal statement. if you have industry experience as well, you can talk about this in your interview. i don't believe that mid-career changers necessary have an advantage over those that want to be pharmacist right away but their experience can viewed as an asset.

aznpharmgurl10 said:
Hi. I was a business student before changing my major to biology. I completed all my reqs to get into the college of business when I decided to switch over. Because I have all these classes, I was thinking about graduating with a minor in business (considering that I would only have to take three more classes) and it would fit into my schedule over the next two years very nicely. I was wondering if having a business background might help in getting accepted. I was reading that some pharm schools like it if you have a background in business. Any thoughts?

almost anything can be helpful in getting accepted. it's just up to you to turn that into something valuable to pharm schools in your applicants and at your interviews.