Business math for Pre-Med?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

3601

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan on taking math 1324 (TX), Mathematics for Business and Social Sciences. Is this a good math course for getting into medical school and will it satisfy the math pre-req? Or is business calc more desirable? I know some people who got into med school who never took calc in college and I plan on staying away from calc also.
 
I don't know what this class covers, but best case scenario this might fulfill a stats requirement, worst case (and more likely imo) this class sounds like it only covers high-school level math and may be a remedial course in disguise. For medical school you need at least one semester of calculus, and some schools will require two (through Taylor series, differential equations, advanced integration etc)
 
I don't know what this class covers, but best case scenario this might fulfill a stats requirement, worst case (and more likely imo) this class sounds like it only covers high-school level math and may be a remedial course in disguise. For medical school you need at least one semester of calculus, and some schools will require two (through Taylor series, differential equations, advanced integration etc)
I don't think LSU requires calculus