Buy UWorld USMLE or COMPLEX in DO School?

Started by Dr Meow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr Meow

9 lives ain't enough
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm definitely going to take both. However, I see the COMLEX as just something to pass. And the USMLE as something I should do well in (Even though Step1 is all pass fail now). Since I assume it's the USMLE that'll give me better access to specialties so I want to focus on USMLE.

So my question is mainly, I'm not sure which UWORLD set to go for.
Logically, a DO should do COMPLEX prep. But is there a case to ditch the COMLEX and go full out USMLE prep?

I'm OMS1 btw, so I'm still a ways away.
 
Yes, the recommendation is to study using USMLE prep and take COMLEX a week or so afterwards so you have a week to cram OMM
 
I'm definitely going to take both. However, I see the COMLEX as just something to pass. And the USMLE as something I should do well in (Even though Step1 is all pass fail now). Since I assume it's the USMLE that'll give me better access to specialties so I want to focus on USMLE.

So my question is mainly, I'm not sure which UWORLD set to go for.
Logically, a DO should do COMPLEX prep. But is there a case to ditch the COMLEX and go full out USMLE prep?

I'm OMS1 btw, so I'm still a ways away.
The COMLEX package included Step 1 qbank, thats why it is more expensive.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But they're basically the same price
$719 - USMLE
$749 - COMLEX
So I wonder if the OMM material is the only difference?
 
But they're basically the same price
$719 - USMLE
$749 - COMLEX
So I wonder if the OMM material is the only difference?
That extra $30 is about 125 OMM questions, but the step 1 stuff is the same.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the recommendation is to study using USMLE prep and take COMLEX a week or so afterwards so you have a week to cram OMM
I’ve had a bunch of people at my school say a week was too long and they wish they scheduled them 2 days apart. Shows how useful COMLEX is