BWH vs Mayo-Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nouseforaname

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am at an impasse. Any opinions on Brigham & Women's vs Mayo-Rochester for my #1 spot? Do you think one is better than the other? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

nouseforaname said:
I am at an impasse. Any opinions on Brigham & Women's vs Mayo-Rochester for my #1 spot? Do you think one is better than the other? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

You are very lucky that you have choices like this...either way you can't go wrong...go with your visceral reaction to the program.
Peace,
G

you will eat better food if you go to BWH

Members don't see this ad :)
That's hilarious. :)

This is really interesting to me. I am nowhere near the caliber of people who get an interview at BWH but Mayo really liked me. Can you tell me what you liked about Mayo so much to make you pick it over BWH?

dana1976 said:
This is really interesting to me. I am nowhere near the caliber of people who get an interview at BWH but Mayo really liked me. Can you tell me what you liked about Mayo so much to make you pick it over BWH?

I am a medical student at Mayo and know firsthand how outstanding the program and residents are. Comparing Mayo to MGH, BWH and U of Washington (I cancelled interviews at other "top programs"), I felt that the Mayo program was stronger, the residents were just as strong and the atmosphere was the best (although I will say that BWH's atmosphere was just as friendly and supportive--which is why I'm having difficulty). I realize that I'm basing my opinion on 4 years at Mayo and minimal exposure to these other institutions but I stand confidently behind my opinion. I'd be happy to answer further questions.

nouseforaname said:
I am a medical student at Mayo and know firsthand how outstanding the program and residents are. Comparing Mayo to MGH, BWH and U of Washington (I cancelled interviews at other "top programs"), I felt that the Mayo program was stronger, the residents were just as strong and the atmosphere was the best (although I will say that BWH's atmosphere was just as friendly and supportive--which is why I'm having difficulty). I realize that I'm basing my opinion on 4 years at Mayo and minimal exposure to these other institutions but I stand confidently behind my opinion. I'd be happy to answer further questions.

thanks for the input - that was really helpful! i pm'd you to ask a few more questions...i hope you don't mind