Hospitalist at MGH vs BWH vs BID?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hhospitalldoctor

Reaction score
I'm an IM PGY-3 and in the process of starting the job search for an attending position as an academic hospitalist. I'm thinking about applying to the above hospitals; does anyone have any insight into the comparative differences between the three hospitals from a young hospitalist standpoint? Would prefer a mostly daytime role, but I understand most early career academic hospitalists will need to work a significant amount of nights.

Do these places typically require formal letters of recommendation at the time of application?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an IM PGY-3 and in the process of starting the job search for an attending position as an academic hospitalist. I'm thinking about applying to the above hospitals; does anyone have any insight into the comparative differences between the three hospitals from a young hospitalist standpoint? Would prefer a mostly daytime role, but I understand most early career academic hospitalists will need to work a significant amount of nights.

Do these places typically require formal letters of recommendation at the time of application?
Pay probably sucks at all three...

Reactions: 1 user
I
Pay probably sucks at all three...

Yep, 6 yrs ago I remember: BIDMC: 120k, Yale: 110k with 5k sign on!!!, Cornel: 135k. (as junior faculty its majority clinical time, start as instructor, pretty busy and cost of living is crappy, likely take home is around what you make as a resident, all expenses taken into account staying same)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users