Bypassing AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kafka79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was somehow able to finish and submit my AMCAS application soon after the postponed June 23rd date. After all those long nights staring at the error screen, I'm more than a little disappointed when AMCAS now says that they SHOULD be able to START transmitting data to schools by July 15th. I read in the NY Times Article today how Yale plans to encourage students to bypass AMCAS if problems continue (and we all know they likely will). I'm considering sending a printed copy of my amcas application (minus list of schools), an unofficial copy of my transcript, and a short letter explaining that I am providing the copies to help schools in their evaluation of me until AMCAS sends an official copy. Do you think this could possibly hurt my chances? I can't really see any negatives. Some schools might ignore me, but others might be impress by my initiative. Comments please.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by kafka79:
•I read in the NY Times Article today how Yale plans to encourage students to bypass AMCAS if problems continue (and we all know they likely will).•

You know it's bad when news like this starts coming out. :(

I suggested weeks ago that we all email all the schools directly and ask for secondaries. No one seemed interested and other posts advised "relax, have a beer" or "quit whining", so I figure **** it, I'll do it myself.

Got this email today, a follow on from last weeks email from one of my three top choices:

"We will mail you a secondary application this week. Please read carefully the detailed letter that will be enclosed with the secondary application."

Keep plugging in those credit cards on AMCAS kiddies, and I'll keep filling out secondaries.

See you in the funny papers......

Spang