byu experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moana

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated from BYU this past December and although it has its quarks it is a great school at a great value. You will be getting an excellent education. I am polynesian, a democrat, and I tend towards the liberal side, yet I fit in just fine.

Sure, there are times when the lack of diversity gets old but the experience is what you make of it. All the more reason for students who don't fit the mold to go there. It is an excellent opportunity to express ideas and opinions that many students on campus haven't heard before.

Yes there are rules, many of them annoying, but for the most part they are based on sound principles that any person with character would uphold regardless.

Concerning religion classes, they are required but you don't necessarily have to study mormon doctrine by any means. They offer a variety of courses on religions throughout the world. The claim that students will be down your throat trying to convert you is way exagerated.

Just thought I would trown in my 2 cents.

Members don't see this ad.

sorry this was supposed to be added to the BYU thread. I wasn't trying to start a new one. so sorry.