C in Gen. Chem 1&2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shakshak

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will I be able to get into dental school with a C in both gen. chem. 1 and 2? I'm worried that my grade in Gen. chem will prevent me from getting admitted into dental school. Should I just give up and choose a different career path?

Members don't see this ad.

No, you're fine. Focus on improvement and do better going forward.

Reactions: 1 user
Will I be able to get into dental school with a C in both gen. chem. 1 and 2? I'm worried that my grade in Gen. chem will prevent me from getting admitted into dental school. Should I just give up and choose a different career path?
You want out before even trying? That's not the way to go. Few Cs won't kill ya.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same mentality in undergrad. Just do better and you’ll be fine. Retake if you get a D.

Reactions: 1 users
Tons of people get interviews with C's. The good thing is that gen chem doesn't carry over into ochem at all, so you'll be good. Crush the DAT and you'll be good.

Don’t stress it too much, as long as you don’t have a plethera of C’s you’ll be fine. Make sure you have an upward trend too. Got two C’s in bio 1 and 2. Made sure to kill my bio section on the DAT as well as upper level bio classes (in your case Orgo/biochem) and had no questions asked about it during my interviews.