C- in Orgo 1 but pretty good PCAT Chemistry score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aquafire

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So like the title says, I have a C- in Orgo 1 (back when I was a sophomore, I didn't understand what the heck I was learning in this course. It felt like learning a brand new language, and my professor just seemed to zip by through this course leaving me confused a lot.

However, I studied real hard and did get an 89 on the Chemical Processes section of the PCAT I took in July of this year. Do you think schools will overlook the "minus" portion of the score I got for Orgo 1?

Please help, panicking here!!! :/

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think 1 C hurts. However; you need at least a C for most ofthe schools' prerequisites, so make sure to double check your school's minimum grades for prerequisites requirements.

I don't think 1 C hurts. However; you need at least a C for most ofthe schools' prerequisites, so make sure to double check your school's minimum grades for prerequisites requirements.

The thing is, most of the universities that I am applying for state that they want scores of "C" or better on prerequisites (with some that outright state C- is not acceptable). So would "C" include both C+ and C-?

Physics was a prereq at all of the schools I applied to. I had a C- and the minimum was a C. None of the schools mentioned it and I was accepted.