C in Ornithology after acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJKid86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm freaking out. I got my Ornithology grade back today and it was a C. I am already accepted but do not want to loose my acceptance because of one stupid class. I am worried because my GPA was borderline low to begin with (3.2) so I am worried that this will ruin me. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Which school is it?
Anyone know which schools care?

i'm freaking out. I got my Ornithology grade back today and it was a C. I am already accepted but do not want to loose my acceptance because of one stupid class. I am worried because my GPA was borderline low to begin with (3.2) so I am worried that this will ruin me. Thoughts?

People have been saying that many schools are quite strict about post-acceptance grades... But it feels like it is possible to explain everything: you were very occupied with all the dental school applications, etc. It took a whole chunk of time from your daily schedule. I mean... doesn't that make sense? If the person did really well in previous semesters...

You have no choice but to update the grades on AADSAS in any case. Just call the school and explain everything, they should understand. I hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
People have been saying that many schools are quite strict about post-acceptance grades... But it feels like it is possible to explain everything: you were very occupied with all the dental school applications, etc. It took a whole chunk of time from your daily schedule. I mean... doesn't that make sense? If the person did really well in previous semesters...

You have no choice but to update the grades on AADSAS in any case. Just call the school and explain everything, they should understand. I hope.

Don't some schools take anything passing?

wtf is ornithology

wtf is ornithology

From wiki: Ornithology (from Greek: ὄρνις, ὄρνιθος, ornis, ornithos, "bird"; and λόγος, logos, "knowledge") is the branch of zoology concerned with the study of birds.

OP: You might want to give us the other necessary information we have requested so we can help serve you better...such as which school....your question can never be answered til we know which particular school you speak of.

And on another note, I didn't know schools offered classes on birds geeze.

:scared: Oh no!

Dental schools really look down on a C in Ornithology, because bird teeth are one of the first things you study in dental school, before you get to human teeth. You're really in trouble now...

ROFLMFAO Ornithology? LOLOL you gotta be kidding me. Don't even sweat it bro cuz the only teeth birds ever get are the ones chewing them. I assume its too late to pass/fail?

As I like to say, "FGFs and BMPs will give any sort of bird some beautiful teeth." OP, this class has nothing to do with your future dental curriculum, so the schools shouldn't really care, again call the school and ask the to be sure.

as long as you dont get anything under C- you'll be fine. If you're still scared, call the school and ask them. you still have time to re-take next quarter anyways.