C/O 2017 LECOM Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrCoolDPh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just going to start a new thread for the class of 2017. I plan on applying to LECOM-B this fall. Hopefully, I can get some feedback from others who are applying such as PCAT, GPA, work experience, etc. Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Does the bradenton location have the same reputation that the other location does? I've seen some pretty rough things on this board about the school, but I sort of want another florida school to apply to, so I'm still considering it. But if anyone would clear this up, that'd be great.

Does the bradenton location have the same reputation that the other location does? I've seen some pretty rough things on this board about the school, but I sort of want another florida school to apply to, so I'm still considering it. But if anyone would clear this up, that'd be great.

I am considering applying here also ae1203. It seems like we are applying to a few of the same schools (I saw you in the Nova & UF thread)

I am confused because I read on SDN that if you have a Bachelors you don't need to submit your PCAT scores. Is that true? And does that applying to people who will have their Bachelors by the time they enter Pharmacy School?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am considering applying here also ae1203. It seems like we are applying to a few of the same schools (I saw you in the Nova & UF thread)

I am confused because I read on SDN that if you have a Bachelors you don't need to submit your PCAT scores. Is that true? And does that applying to people who will have their Bachelors by the time they enter Pharmacy School?

Yes it is true, if you have a bachelors, or you r expecting a bachelors before u enter to the pharm D program, u dont need pcat. my stats were, 3.4 overall, 3.7 science, PCAT- 16%, i had 14 days work experience and i got accepted to LECOM B.

Yes it is true, if you have a bachelors, or you r expecting a bachelors before u enter to the pharm D program, u dont need pcat. my stats were, 3.4 overall, 3.7 science, PCAT- 16%, i had 14 days work experience and i got accepted to LECOM B.

Thank you for the information. I am taking my PCAT tomorrow anyways but it's nice to know that I don't actually need it. Does Bradenton only offer the 4 year program?

Thank you for the information. I am taking my PCAT tomorrow anyways but it's nice to know that I don't actually need it. Does Bradenton only offer the 4 year program?

Yes, Bradenton only offers 4 year program. Dont think abt the PCAT a lot, try to do your best, if you do good, then u r extra qualified applicant. Good Luck In ur PCAT as well as for the School.

Yes, Bradenton only offers 4 year program. Dont think abt the PCAT a lot, try to do your best, if you do good, then u r extra qualified applicant. Good Luck In ur PCAT as well as for the School.

Okay good to know. How is the class schedules for the semester? Is attendance required/are lectures posted online? What is your typical school week like?!

Also I did not do good on my PCAT today, but my science GPA is a 3.2 so I'm not sure if I should retake for LECOM or just submit without my PCAT. Probably not a question for you.. but maybe you know someone in my shoes?

Okay good to know. How is the class schedules for the semester? Is attendance required/are lectures posted online? What is your typical school week like?!

Also I did not do good on my PCAT today, but my science GPA is a 3.2 so I'm not sure if I should retake for LECOM or just submit without my PCAT. Probably not a question for you.. but maybe you know someone in my shoes?

PM me your PCAT score, and i will tell you what exactly you need, remember this, PCAT is not the only thing they look for, its the total package. 3.2 sounds good but not that competitive, whats your cumulative? where did you do your Pre-req or undergrad, in what degree, and i will tell you what to do. PM me or text me after you pm me, lol.

PM me your PCAT score, and i will tell you what exactly you need, remember this, PCAT is not the only thing they look for, its the total package. 3.2 sounds good but not that competitive, whats your cumulative? where did you do your Pre-req or undergrad, in what degree, and i will tell you what to do. PM me or text me after you pm me, lol.

How much do they weigh the pcat. I'm unsure if mine is high enough. I have 5 years work experience and I will be earning a degree in biology and a minor in chem. I need some advice!!

How much do they weigh the pcat. I'm unsure if mine is high enough. I have 5 years work experience and I will be earning a degree in biology and a minor in chem. I need some advice!!

They dont weigh PCAT at all, and if u r doing a bachelors, then u dont even need pcat, if u have it, then u r in good shape. just do good in ur interview, trust me.

Thanks for the info! Do you like the program and the area? Give us some details! Based on what I have read the program seems to be a great choice financially!

Thanks for the info! Do you like the program and the area? Give us some details! Based on what I have read the program seems to be a great choice financially!

RX2015 and myself haven't yet started P1 year, so maybe we're not the greatest source of info about the actual program itself just yet. But yes, as far as value goes, LECOM is pretty good from a numbers standpoint. Everyone always goes on about how "UF is so much cheaper because it's public", but that's just an assumption: tuition is almost exactly the same as at LECOM. I've been out to the school a few times, and I've always been impressed with the staff, students and campus. I'm excited to get started!! :)

I've personally lived, worked and gone to school in the Sarasota/Bradenton area for a few years. I really do like the area: it's got a small-city feel, but not SO small that there's no amenities whatsoever. People will try to tell you that Bradenton is really shady, but that's not true. It has its good parts and its bad parts; the Lakewood Ranch area (where LECOM is located) is super expensive compared to the rest of Bradenton, so it tends to be much more upscale. Sarasota is very nice, especially the University Avenue area (some LECOM students choose to live in this area, as it's only 10-15 minutes from school and has lots of restaurants and shopping.) The beaches are particularly beautiful here; in fact, I've personally never seen a more beautiful beach in the country than Siesta Key beach in Sarasota, which has beautiful white quartz sand and a rockin' drum circle every Sunday night just before sunset.

Let me know if you have any more questions about the area, apartments, etc. I'd be happy to help with that!

Members don't see this ad :)
RX2015 and myself haven't yet started P1 year, so maybe we're not the greatest source of info about the actual program itself just yet. But yes, as far as value goes, LECOM is pretty good from a numbers standpoint. Everyone always goes on about how "UF is so much cheaper because it's public", but that's just an assumption: tuition is almost exactly the same as at LECOM. I've been out to the school a few times, and I've always been impressed with the staff, students and campus. I'm excited to get started!! :)

I've personally lived, worked and gone to school in the Sarasota/Bradenton area for a few years. I really do like the area: it's got a small-city feel, but not SO small that there's no amenities whatsoever. People will try to tell you that Bradenton is really shady, but that's not true. It has its good parts and its bad parts; the Lakewood Ranch area (where LECOM is located) is super expensive compared to the rest of Bradenton, so it tends to be much more upscale. Sarasota is very nice, especially the University Avenue area (some LECOM students choose to live in this area, as it's only 10-15 minutes from school and has lots of restaurants and shopping.) The beaches are particularly beautiful here; in fact, I've personally never seen a more beautiful beach in the country than Siesta Key beach in Sarasota, which has beautiful white quartz sand and a rockin' drum circle every Sunday night just before sunset.

Let me know if you have any more questions about the area, apartments, etc. I'd be happy to help with that!

You are absolutely right.

did you get my PM? I've never sent a private message and when I sent it and checked my "sent items" it never popped up :confused:

Thanks for the info! I would like to know some more about the apartments available in the area. Do you all know how many people is in the class of 2016?

I got my BS in bio and minor in psych from Univeristy of Michigan

GPA overall: 3.14

PCAT: 95 percentile composite

approximately 6 month pharm experience

Anyone here can estimate my chances based off my stats? I keep reading that if you have your BS you dont need the PCAT at all, does that mean they won't bother to look at my PCAT? I purposely studied my butt off to do well so I can make up for my GPA.

Anyone here can estimate my chances based off my stats? I keep reading that if you have your BS you dont need the PCAT at all, does that mean they won't bother to look at my PCAT? I purposely studied my butt off to do well so I can make up for my GPA.

Close your eye, you are guaranteed in, go to hawaii for a vacation. just prepare for ur interview, u r in for sure.

Close your eye, you are guaranteed in, go to hawaii for a vacation. just prepare for ur interview, u r in for sure.

Haha, it can't be that easy friend. Regardless, I hope you are right :)

If you can interview early (in the fall, instead of in the spring) and really be able to discuss your pharmacy experience in a meaningful way during said interview, I'd say you're a shoe-in. :)

When are you planning on applying? Also, does anyone know when a good time to submit would be?

If you can interview early (in the fall, instead of in the spring) and really be able to discuss your pharmacy experience in a meaningful way during said interview, I'd say you're a shoe-in. :)

My application was finished about 3 weeks ago and e-submitted as well and GPA fully calculated by pharmcas, so do you think I would earn that early interview?

My application was finished about 3 weeks ago and e-submitted as well and GPA fully calculated by pharmcas, so do you think I would earn that early interview?

If everything's complete (LOR's, PCAT if applicable, etc.) then yes, I'd say they'd look at you first. I think I submitted in the end of July and ended up in the very first group to interview.

If everything's complete (LOR's, PCAT if applicable, etc.) then yes, I'd say they'd look at you first. I think I submitted in the end of July and ended up in the very first group to interview.

Well the problem is that I took the July 18th, 2012 PCAT so my official score will not be available till however long it takes Pearson to officially release my score to Pharmcas. I personally have no background information about the admission process, but I would assume my application would be pending review until my official scores arrive, am I correct with this assumption?

Well the problem is that I took the July 18th, 2012 PCAT so my official score will not be available till however long it takes Pearson to officially release my score to Pharmcas. I personally have no background information about the admission process, but I would assume my application would be pending review until my official scores arrive, am I correct with this assumption?

You're correct, it would cause your application to be on hold. But I took a July PCAT last year as well. Those scores usually go to Pharmcas fairly quickly, so you should be fine. :)

Hi, so when you said that you submitted at the end of July...is that the PharmCAS application only or the supplemental application? How long did it take you to get an invite for the supplemental application after you submitted your PharmCAS? Thank you in advance for your help :)

Hi, so when you said that you submitted at the end of July...is that the PharmCAS application only or the supplemental application? How long did it take you to get an invite for the supplemental application after you submitted your PharmCAS? Thank you in advance for your help :)

I can't remember precisely, but I think I received the link to complete the supplemental within a couple of days after I submitted. I just remember it was really fast.

whats the minimum Gpa lecom B can even consider?

Does anyone know when the first round of interviews will be? According to pharmcas the minimum gpa considered for both pre-req and overall gpa is 2.7. However, the average for the previous entering class was 3.4. (All of this info is on pharmcas)

Has anyone received a supplemental application invitation yet?

I'm just wondering how many people have submitted their applications already? I'm working on my PharmCAS application but have quite a bit more work to do on it.:confused:

I'm just wondering how many people have submitted their applications already? I'm working on my PharmCAS application but have quite a bit more work to do on it.:confused:

I am still working on mine but am ALMOST done.

I don't think it matters... Seems a lot of schools aren't reviewing yet since PCAT scores aren't in. It seems to me everyone who submits from June-August are on the same playing field.

Those who have submitted would you mind sharing your stats? Also, does the supplemental come after you have e-submit through pharmcas?

No one here wants to share their stats.........

I'll share! 3.5 overall gpa 3.9 science gpa. 92 composite PCAT. My application was mailed through Pharmcas 8/29. I haven't gotten a supplemental yet. It's only been 3 days though.

Anyone else? :)

I'll share! 3.5 overall gpa 3.9 science gpa. 92 composite PCAT. My application was mailed through Pharmcas 8/29. I haven't gotten a supplemental yet. It's only been 3 days though.

I would share too if my stats were that good lol i'm at a 3.2 and 70 composite but i am retaking this month

Hey do not be discouraged they sented me the supp..app after 2 weeks and to process the suuplement application it takes two weeks so bear with them........

I would share too if my stats were that good lol i'm at a 3.2 and 70 composite but i am retaking this month

Do not worry man mine is not perfect as well......think positive

Not yet but it is still really early.

I think a 3.2 and a 70 PCAT are very competitive. I was reading through the thread from last year's class and it seems like we are both in a good position. Let me know if you guys hear anything.

I think a 3.2 and a 70 PCAT are very competitive. I was reading through the thread from last year's class and it seems like we are both in a good position. Let me know if you guys hear anything.

so what are your stats....

I have a 3.4 GPA. I am taking the PCAT in Sept. I am really hoping to get into one of the LECOM programs. I really hope they consider all of my work experience (7 years of compounding technician) and the fact that I will have a BS degree.

City boy: what school are you applying to in NY? Also, with a pcat score of 70, you won't have a problem.

I have a 3.4 GPA. I am taking the PCAT in Sept. I am really hoping to get into one of the LECOM programs. I really hope they consider all of my work experience (7 years of compounding technician) and the fact that I will have a BS degree.

City boy: what school are you applying to in NY? Also, with a pcat score of 70, you won't have a problem.

I really Hope so.........In NY i am applying to Touro College of Pharmacy........I also will have BS in Bio but no Pharmacy experience but I have hospital experience since I was a Radiology Tech.........I wish I would have some experience in pharmacy so it would have been much easier road...........well I just hope I get into Pharmacy school this year........Gud Luck to you as well.......

Also my week point is English/Literature section ....in this section my gpa came out to be 2.8.rest I have 3.5 Bio, 3.35 Inorganic Chemistry, 3.5 Orgo, 3.75 Physics, Micro bio came out to be 2.8 which is a little concerning, Math came out to be 3.37, and behavior sciences 4.0........Its just when I first started college due to my personal reasons I didn't attend some of the prep classes and received F 3 times in the same class. These prep classes are worth 4 credits I just hope they overlook these classes for me.......

City Boy: you have a solid pcat score. I am sure you will get an interview. Good luck! let me know if you have any questions/concerns/ etc. We are all in the same boat at this point. lol By the way are you from fl?