C/O 2017 LECOM Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mine, since april the portal changed from "contact until first day of class" to "the admission has not made a decision...." i wanted to call Lauren to ask since april, but kinda afraid to do so. i guess i'm just going to wait.

You'll be okay :)

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! Yeah I still need to have my degree to post before my transcripts send out. Just trying to get a feel for what they are looking for in a great applicant.

I have a BA but during my interview we talked a lot about pharmacy and shared stories, she asked me how involved I was in pharmacy and I've been a tech for 6 years - three of which I was the lead tech. I don't think they are looking for degrees or how many years though. I have a friend who is going to be a P2 this year and got accepted right off the bat with an AA and no experience whatsoever in pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a BA but during my interview we talked a lot about pharmacy and shared stories, she asked me how involved I was in pharmacy and I've been a tech for 6 years - three of which I was the lead tech. I don't think they are looking for degrees or how many years though. I have a friend who is going to be a P2 this year and got accepted right off the bat with an AA and no experience whatsoever in pharmacy.

Yeah there could be a number of things they look at. Seems like a very diverse environment. People from different ages, cultures, and different statistics as far as academics. Seems really well rounded.

I like it.

Yeah there could be a number of things they look at. Seems like a very diverse environment. People from different ages, cultures, and different statistics as far as academics. Seems really well rounded.

I like it.

Yes definitely. I was petrified since I'm 27 and this is my career change. I thought at 21 law school was for me. I went and it didn't work out. I worked as a pharm tech for gas money during pharmacy school and ended up LOVING pharmacy. I love dosing, making IV's, learning medication therapies & drug to drug interactions with allergies...just everything. I just want to be totally clinical. I've been working my butt off for the past 6 years - overnight full time in a pharmacy and full time school in the morning. Wishing and praying, and finally it's here. I was so scared that they would hold the law school thing against me and not take me...but I think it also defines me. If it wasn't for law school, I would have never found my passion.

hey guys i'm from the alternate list and i just got a call from lauren today. but i missed it. anyways, anyone else got a call from lauren?
and does anyone know if they do reject people through phone?

Last edited:
hey guys i'm from the alternate list and i just got a call from lauren today. but i missed it. anyways, anyone else got a call from lauren?
and does anyone know if they do reject people through phone?

I don't think they reject people through the phone! You might actually have a seat :)

When did you get on the alternate list / and it changed your status in April right? Let me know your stats!

Congrats!!! I know the feeling. What a relief!

I don't think they reject people through the phone! You might actually have a seat :)

When did you get on the alternate list / and it changed your status in April right? Let me know your stats!

hello, i'm on the alternate list since January and yeah my status changed in april. i got a bs in biology, 3.35gpa, and no pharmacy experience. i wonder how many got accepted without pharmacy experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
hello, i'm on the alternate list since January and yeah my status changed in april. i got a bs in biology, 3.35gpa, and no pharmacy experience. i wonder how many got accepted without pharmacy experience?

I have no experience in Pharmacy as well. I have a BS/biology, minor in chemistry. MS in education and half way to complete a PHD.

I had an interview on 4/18 and I got accepted 2 weeks ago! It takes about 36 days.

So I'm assuming your status has to change from "..first day of school" to no decision before you get accepted?!

hello, does anyone know where can we find lecom roomate forum and where is the safest place to live in lakewood ranch? thanks.

Roommate forum , don't know. Safest place in Lakewood ranch, it's all pretty safe. I'm gonna be living in colonial grand apartments

Roommate forum , don't know. Safest place in Lakewood ranch, it's all pretty safe. I'm gonna be living in colonial grand apartments

thanks. i'll check it out.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Those ain't bad stats. I had a 2.9 gpa & 2.8 sGPA w/ no pharm exp and never took PCAT and got in with no probs.

So today, (really like 10 minutes ago) I got an email stating that the top 10% has been ranked or something like that. Everyone on Alt. list get that as well?

So today, (really like 10 minutes ago) I got an email stating that the top 10% has been ranked or something like that. Everyone on Alt. list get that as well?

This is only for people who were on the Alt. list.

Makes me wonder if they are full and are just putting people in the rejected seats..I just wish we knew where we stood on the alt list...or how long it is

Did anyone receive or know of anyone who received the top 10 percent email? I have been on the wait-list since Jan and am very nervous about getting in. I hope all the seats are not filled.

Did anyone receive or know of anyone who received the top 10 percent email? I have been on the wait-list since Jan and am very nervous about getting in. I hope all the seats are not filled.

They are for the most part from what I've heard. We just gotta wait until people start dropping off the roster. I've been waiting since March.

I've heard that there is no top 10% email. People that were in that bracket were just called on the spot. Let's hope those who drop off the roster have more appealing opportunities so that we can get a chance.

Fingers crossed.

Yes I been on it since April as well. I would just like to have an idea how many was ahead of me or anything to know if I even had a chance left to get in. .

Sorry if you stuck on alternate list but what are your stats? Anything in your profile that is a red flag?

3.1 GPA, pharmacy experience, not great PCAT, working on bachelors

Don't think they put too much weight on PCAT since they don't require it and gpa sounds good though don't know how you did in sciences. Maybe they put more weight on having a completed bachelor degree?

hello guys, i have a question: for the immunization report form, i know the physician has to sign it but who should complete the form? We or the physician? if we have to complete it, we just need to show the physician our immunization records then ask him/her to sign it? sorry for asking but i don't have an insurance so i don't have a family physician; thus i'm not sure who should complete the form. thanks for answering.

hello guys, i have a question: for the immunization report form, i know the physician has to sign it but who should complete the form? We or the physician? if we have to complete it, we just need to show the physician our immunization records then ask him/her to sign it? sorry for asking but i don't have an insurance so i don't have a family physician; thus i'm not sure who should complete the form. thanks for answering.

It says on the forms which one the student completes and which one the MD completes. I know the MD completes the one with all the immunization paperwork with the childhood vaccines and whatnot. I think we can fill the other page but I believe it says on one of the first few pages of the packet. I went to one of those 12 hr emergency walk in clinics...who ended up being attached to a family physician. They did all of my shots and titers at once. I can't really remember because it's been 4 months since I did it. Secondly, be aware you have to have insurance when you go to this school - if you notice they charge 3K for their insurance. I'm not sure how good it is, but it is mandatory. Also since you don't have insurance be aware that the titers are expensive. Without insurance coverage my MD would have charged $400. I still had to pay $67 to labcorp for the co-pay. Expensive for four test tubes!

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

You have a lower GPA but an average PCAT. The 12 yrs is going to look great - overall I think you should be okay. When I interviewed they loved that I had 6 years pharmacy experience in different facilities - retail and long term care. They were really impressed that I knew duplicate therapies with classification names, allergies, random information about drugs, etc. They really want passionate pharmacists - someone who is a patient advocate.

It says on the forms which one the student completes and which one the MD completes. I know the MD completes the one with all the immunization paperwork with the childhood vaccines and whatnot. I think we can fill the other page but I believe it says on one of the first few pages of the packet. I went to one of those 12 hr emergency walk in clinics...who ended up being attached to a family physician. They did all of my shots and titers at once. I can't really remember because it's been 4 months since I did it. Secondly, be aware you have to have insurance when you go to this school - if you notice they charge 3K for their insurance. I'm not sure how good it is, but it is mandatory. Also since you don't have insurance be aware that the titers are expensive. Without insurance coverage my MD would have charged $400. I still had to pay $67 to labcorp for the co-pay. Expensive for four test tubes!

hi, thanks for answering my questions. i have more questions if you don't mind answering them. i will PM you the questions. thanks.

Look forward to getting matriculation pkg done this week and getting ready to move down next month.

Look forward to getting matriculation pkg done this week and getting ready to move down next month.

That's sound like a great plan. I sent mine last week Wednesday. I'm missing just one of my transcript then I will be done with everything.

It's been a pain between working and trying to find time to get all the screenings and physical done. Plus the last class pre req...will get to physician on Friday and mail that stuff out. Registrar to send updated final transcipt this week. Then finish up my job next month

It's been a pain between working and trying to find time to get all the screenings and physical done. Plus the last class pre req...will get to physician on Friday and mail that stuff out. Registrar to send updated final transcipt this week. Then finish up my job next month

Oh my God, I just received an email from "LECOM about the package. I have to do some other lab done. I spent too much on these shots already. oh no way.

Nice , guess I will find out what else I need when I go Friday. I was thinking just a tetanus shot & get the alcohol screening but will see.

you guys are so lucky. i still have so much things to do!!! i received my matriculation package recently and the due date to get everything done is july 1st. yikes. moreover, i have no insurance so i have to pay out -of- pocket (expensive!!!!).

you guys are so lucky. i still have so much things to do!!! i received my matriculation package recently and the due date to get everything done is july 1st. yikes. moreover, i have no insurance so i have to pay out -of- pocket (expensive!!!!).

you should consider going to those public health center to have everything done. It would be a lot less expensive. It is just time consuming because ut may have long waiting.