C/O 2017 LECOM Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait, they've already started to accept people on the alt. list? I'm probably jumping the gun in reading your comment.

The ones who interviewed before the class hit capacity in April that were on alternate list did get accepted a little later. But the ones who got on the alternate list in April when it was at capacity seem to be getting reviewed in June after all their interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

For those interviewed on 4/18 , I just got call from Lauren for my acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
She may not call everyone and it may be over the course of the week but if your not already on alternate list I would say you are probably in a pretty good position. You may just get letter in mail this week which I know ain't like getting phone call first thing Monday morning but what can you do. Anyways thanks and let me know what happens...

She may not call everyone and it may be over the course of the week but if your not already on alternate list I would say you are probably in a pretty good position. You may just get letter in mail this week which I know ain't like getting phone call first thing Monday morning but what can you do. Anyways thanks and let me know what happens...

Thanks. I'm so nervous. I have not gotten a decision yet so I'm not part of the alternate list. I will let you know. Did you call her first today or she just call you about the decision. Did your portal change to a decision has been made before you get the call.

She called me and no, the portal had not updated first before. I wasn't able to log in this morning when I tried to check status but then got call and now I went to portal and has decision made status.

She called me and no, the portal had not updated first before. I wasn't able to log in this morning when I tried to check status but then got call and now I went to portal and has decision made status.

Thanks. Still waiting and let you know as soon I know about it. Enjoy

So did anyone else get a call yesterday besides me? C'mon, I can't be the only one.

So did anyone else get a call yesterday besides me? C'mon, I can't be the only one.[/QUOT

I believe so! You were the Blessed one of yesterday! still nothing for me.

Like I said, you may just get letter in the mail and no phone call, I seriously have my doubts I was only acceptance yesterday

Like I said, you may just get letter in the mail and no phone call, I seriously have my doubts I was only acceptance yesterday

I don't think so. I spoke to Laureen yesterday and she said no decision has made on my file yet. Therefore, they don't send anything in the mail. Just have to wait 30 days as she mentioned to me yesterday.

Guess only one person gave up seat yesterday and I must have been next on list?

Guess only one person gave up seat yesterday and I must have been next on list?

Dang, I'm pretty upset I haven't heard anything. I don't want to give up at all. I worked so hard and it seems like I won't have a chance. My stats are 3.1 (science should be higher), lots of experience, and leadership. Interview really went well too. Interviewed 4/18 in the morning. I'm losing hope though being in the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the same day too, but in the afternoon. I feel like they interview everyone and never rejects anyone. Seems like they keep putting everyone on alternate list. I am losing hope as well!! :(

Dang, I'm pretty upset I haven't heard anything. I don't want to give up at all. I worked so hard and it seems like I won't have a chance. My stats are 3.1 (science should be higher), lots of experience, and leadership. Interview really went well too. Interviewed 4/18 in the morning. I'm losing hope though being in the alternate list.

Don't lose hope just yet!! I've been reading older threads and there is a BUNCH of people who get pulled off the wait list! Just patiently wait until June :)

I interviewed the same day too, but in the afternoon. I feel like they interview everyone and never rejects anyone. Seems like they keep putting everyone on alternate list. I am losing hope as well!! :(

I had my interview 4/18 in the afternoon as well. Are you on the alternate list as well or a decision has not been made on your file. I'm tired of waiting too.

Dang people, I thought they would be just running down the list but I guess at this point in the app cycle there aren't as many seats left to give up. I think people still waiting on a decision will have a crack at a seat as they open up before the alternate list as the alternate list have already had a decision made on their file, of sorts.

I think they have a few spots open and the candidates that they know they are going to accept they do or it takes about 30 days because they meet only a couple times a month. But I think for the people who drop their spots then they fill those with alternate list. I'm on the list too so I know the feelings

I think they have a few spots open and the candidates that they know they are going to accept they do or it takes about 30 days because they meet only a couple times a month. But I think for the people who drop their spots then they fill those with alternate list. I'm on the list too so I know the feelings

Do you think so! I guess all the spots are taken cause it has been about 30 days and still no decision has made yet. It will be 30 days this Saturday. I can't take it anymore. The stress level is rising too high.

I would call Lauren and check since 30 days about up and still no decision. Maybe they made one and didn't update portal

I would call Lauren and check since 30 days about up and still no decision. Maybe they made one and didn't update portal

I called her on Monday about it and she told me it takes 30 days.

The wait is a pain, starting to think getting into pharmacy is kind of a big deal.

The wait is a pain, starting to think getting into pharmacy is kind of a big deal.

I sent her an email about the 30 days due on the weekend. Still no answer. Let's see how will it come out.

Just got the admission letter so guess I will hold onto it and wait to hear from the Erie campus

Just got the admission letter so guess I will hold onto it and wait to hear from the Erie campus

Laureen emailed me back. No luck on what date will they have a decision on my file. This is what she sent me:
"On your interview day, we do advise all applicants that it can be up to 30 days after your interview and we try to stay as close to that timeline as possible.
Please keep in mind that the committee is looking at your file favorably, so the wait is not necessarily a bad thing. I know that it is hard to not know a final decision, but again, we are trying to get them as early as we can".

So I guess I still got to wait. Just don't know how long will that wait be.

That suuuuuuux. I was checking back on this site to see your update and that is tough. I feel like barely have enough time now to start making my preparations to move. Gotta find a place, gotta find a school for my kid, gotta pack the whole place up and move and bring both cars, wife gotta get her work to give her equipment to work remotely from new location...gotta order books for classes and have it all done before orientation. Can't imagine trying to do all that in say, July. That would be crazytown.

That suuuuuuux. I was checking back on this site to see your update and that is tough. I feel like barely have enough time now to start making my preparations to move. Gotta find a place, gotta find a school for my kid, gotta pack the whole place up and move and bring both cars, wife gotta get her work to give her equipment to work remotely from new location...gotta order books for classes and have it all done before orientation. Can't imagine trying to do all that in say, July. That would be crazytown.

Oh wow that's sound a lot for real. The good thing for me I don't have to look for place cause my brother lives in tampa which is 30 to 40 mns away. I already have an idea on what school I want to put my son in. I just got a lot of decision to make base on the decision. I just got a promotion from my new job and it's only going to be 3 months, so i need to know so I can let them as soon as possible that I wont be able to keep the job. and many other decisons in the family.

Crazy and stressful

Oh wow that's sound a lot for real. The good thing for me I don't have to look for place cause my brother lives in tampa which is 30 to 40 mns away. I already have an idea on what school I want to put my son in. I just got a lot of decision to make base on the decision. I just got a promotion from my new job and it's only going to be 3 months, so I need to know so I can let them as soon as possible that I wont be able to keep the job. and many other decisons in the family.

Crazy and stressful

Laureen emailed me back. No luck on what date will they have a decision on my file. This is what she sent me:
"On your interview day, we do advise all applicants that it can be up to 30 days after your interview and we try to stay as close to that timeline as possible.
Please keep in mind that the committee is looking at your file favorably, so the wait is not necessarily a bad thing. I know that it is hard to not know a final decision, but again, we are trying to get them as early as we can".

So I guess I still got to wait. Just don't know how long will that wait be.

Waiting for decision + favorably by LECOM = waiting for a seat to open for you buddy. Relax a bit and you'll be in, in no time.

I just ordered my transcripts and graduated last weekend. I started a new full time job and I already don't like it. Just wish it was June already so they'd go over my application and others that are also on the alternate list.

The job I have is horrible but it's a job and it's something to do while I wait I guess.

Hey I got a call from Lauren on the 13th as well!! I plan on attending LECOM in the fall...kinda excited and nervous at the same time!!!! Do you know where to look for housing?? I called lost creek resorts but they are already full and have a waiting list for next year!!

I couldn't look at lost creek as I have a child and needed to find a place in a better school district. I'm going down this weekend to check out houses, condos, townhomes, & apartments. I got a realtor setup to show me around.

Yea I know what you mean. It's hard to find good pricing with location around there. I am actually not from florida so most of my communication is through this website or on the phone. I called lost creek and they are full and have a waiting list for next year already!!!!

Some of the other places around do have openings but most of them are 2bed/2bath..which I don;t really mind but need to find a roommate. Which brings me to my question.....anyone on here thats attending LECOM-B in the fall looking for a roommate??
I am looking for a female roommate. I come from an Asian background, I enjoy basketball and fashion (odd combination...lol) among many things. I take my school pretty seriously so if anyone is interested please PM me!
Thank You =)

I just emailed Lauren giving up my spot. So someone off the alt. list might hear something. Good luck!

Dang people, I thought they would be just running down the list but I guess at this point in the app cycle there aren't as many seats left to give up. I think people still waiting on a decision will have a crack at a seat as they open up before the alternate list as the alternate list have already had a decision made on their file, of sorts.

Hey, I got the call from Laureen yesterday. I'm in. See you in August. What a relief. Thanks to God. I'm so excited.

Well it's about time!!! Congrats and look forward to August. I'm heading down there this weekend to find a place to live and go to the beach.

Well it's about time!!! Congrats and look forward to August. I'm heading down there this weekend to find a place to live and go to the beach.

Thanks and enjoy when you come down this weekend. I hope that you have enough time to take care some business before going back up there.

Congrats to all of you accepted off the alternate list! See you guys in the fall!

No I was not on the alternate list. I just didn't have a decision yet on my 4/18 interview.

For the people who interviewed on the 18th of April, did you guys have all your transcripts updated and / or already graduated?

For the people who interviewed on the 18th of April, did you guys have all your transcripts updated and / or already graduated?

I still have to submit a transcript for one class Pre-req: statistics) but I already have a BA and an MA

Already have everything in. BS, MS, Half way of PHD.

Thanks! Yeah I still need to have my degree to post before my transcripts send out. Just trying to get a feel for what they are looking for in a great applicant.

I still have to submit a transcript for one class Pre-req: statistics) but I already have a BA and an MA

I sent in my deposit yesterday. Can't wait for August!

Yea , sent in deposit , did background check, did drug screen, filling out matriculation pkg, get blood work/physical, it seems like more work once accepted than to get in

Hi I am looking for a roommate too for LECOM...I got a 2bd/2bath at the yatch club apartments...I am a female student will be my first year. If any female on this site is looking for roomie please let me know :)...thanks

hey guys, has anyone got accepted from the alternate list yet? Or has your status changed from ".....contact until the first day of class" to "admission has not made a decision on your file?" any news from the alternate list?

hey guys, has anyone got accepted from the alternate list yet? Or has your status changed from ".....contact until the first day of class" to "admission has not made a decision on your file?" any news from the alternate list?

Mine still says contact until first day of class. What's yours say? I think this month they start going over the Alternate list.

mine, since april the portal changed from "contact until first day of class" to "the admission has not made a decision...." i wanted to call Lauren to ask since april, but kinda afraid to do so. i guess i'm just going to wait.