CA-0 ITE Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

natureboy

that's the bottom line
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on reading material for the CA-0 ITE? Will cover to cover reading of Baby Miller be sufficient? I also have Morgan/Mikhail as well as Stoelting's Co-Existing Diseases. I plan on reading Baby Miller slowly from now until the exam -- although I'm not sure how much of it to read though. I also plan on reading pertinent parts of Co-Existing Diseases specific to my patients while on medicine floor rotations. Is this exam particularly heavy in certain subjects? Pharm? Phys? General medicine?

Would appreciate any advice whatsoever!!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any advice on reading material for the CA-0 ITE? Will cover to cover reading of Baby Miller be sufficient? I also have Morgan/Mikhail as well as Stoelting's Co-Existing Diseases. I plan on reading Baby Miller slowly from now until the exam -- although I'm not sure how much of it to read though. I also plan on reading pertinent parts of Co-Existing Diseases specific to my patients while on medicine floor rotations. Is this exam particularly heavy in certain subjects? Pharm? Phys? General medicine?

Would appreciate any advice whatsoever!!

I studied for step 3 and read the intro and pharm chapters from morgan and mikail and i think i got 97th percentile. I only read that cause i was nervous about starting anesthesia, not to prepare for the ite.

Just study for step 3. You have plenty of time for anesthesia later, and the reading makes more sense when you are actually doing it.

Baby Miller is money for the ITEs and written boards. It is deceptively high yield yet very easy to read, making it a good primary study tool. The Hall question book is a very nice addition, although i wouldnt worry about it as an intern quite yet.