CA Boards Licensing Delay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mochamango

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I recently moved to CA from NY after practicing as a GP for 5~6 years. I sent all my forms for my CA license (I applied by "Licensure by Credentials") 12/28/23.

They reached out numerous times with a "missing" form each time--I kept sending them whatever they requested each time but they never confirm if they received anything and they don't call back or even respond to their emails much...

1 of them did call me and said I have up until 1 year (😱!!) to submit whatever forms they are "missing" so stop calling and wait...the thing is, they haven't even approved me for the laws & ethics exam. And I don't know how long that would take either.

Has anyone else had this issue? They wouldn't tell me ballpark how long this whole process takes--which I would like to know so I can plan out what to do while I wait--If anyone knows what the average time and the longest time it takes to get a CA license I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.