CA Northstate Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am interested in CNCP. I have been following this thread for a while now. I notice pnaico0lada posted that CNCP had this statement on its website:

"An ACPE Evaluation Team completed a 2-day focused site visit on April 24 and 25 and complemented CNCP on its outstanding teaching and research facilities and the progress made since their last visit this past October. According to the ACPE team findings, CNCP now meets 29 out of 30 ACPE standards and partially meets the remaining standard. This gives CNCP reason to be cautiously optimistic that pre-candidate status will be granted this June and classes will begin this fall."

But it seems like pnaico0lada had edited her post. Does anyone know why CNCP decided to take down this statement from its website? I don't see it anymore. I am very interested in CNCP so any comments would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey IBU, if you're so curious about the school, why don't you just try to get the information and satisfy your curiousity from the source itself. Why are you asking others for their speculations and assumptions. If you could, read all of the previous posts, you'll know what those speculations are. There have been plenty of those, and we don't really need anymore of them. Don't be sacred dude, take initives instead of asking others what they think. PEACE OUT BABY. CNCP C/O 2012!!!

Tell us your speculations. I am curious.

Hey IBU, if you're so curious about the school, why don't you just try to get the information and satisfy your curiousity from the source itself. Why are you asking others for their speculations and assumptions. If you could, read all of the previous posts, you'll know what those speculations are. There have been plenty of those, and we don't really need anymore of them. Don't be sacred dude, take initives instead of asking others what they think. PEACE OUT BABY. CNCP C/O 2012!!!

I did call CNCP but they told me they will get back to me. It has been a couple of days but still no call. I also emailed them. That's why I still have the statement.

Does anybody know? Has anyone called the ACPE? Maybe I will this week.

I did call CNCP but they told me they will get back to me. It has been a couple of days but still no call. I also emailed them. That's why I still have the statement.

Go ahead IBU, call ACPE and let us know what they tell u lol.. I'm not sure if they would tell u the status but it doesn't hurt to try!

Tell us your speculations. I am curious.

Well, if u insist. :D

I think they will get pre-accred status. The school is run like a business. They are not stupid and are doing everything possible to get pre-accred status to satisfy their investors so they can pay off the loans and make profit.

However, the way they fail to disclose info to you and not return ur calls or update their site is just another thing to add to my theory about what kinds of people run this school and how much they care abt the students.

However, the way they fail to disclose info to you and not return ur calls or update their site is just another thing to add to my theory about what kinds of people run this school and how much they care abt the students.

I am hoping they will get accreditation but the school has honestly treated us like crap but I guess when the demand for pharmacy school is so high, especially in Cali, that they dont care too much because they know they will get a load of students applying.

Dude, you're totally contradicting yourself. You're interested in the school one minute and saying that they treat "us" like crap the next? Pretty strong words there buddy. They don't treat "Us", they treat me pretty well, with respect. And I almost all of the time can get a hold of them if I wanted to. And relax man. You're not being treated like this because of the high demand for pharmacy students. Why is the application process so competitive then? Do you even come to an understanding that the school is still developing and that they are very busy with everthing else? Keep trying to reach them and i guarantee that they will respond, and please don't jump to conclusions!!

I am hoping they will get accreditation but the school has honestly treated us like crap but I guess when the demand for pharmacy school is so high, especially in Cali, that they dont care too much because they know they will get a load of students applying.

Dude, you're totally contradicting yourself

I am not contradicting myself. I am interested in CNCP mainly because it is in Cali and I want to stay close to my family but that does not mean the school has been upfront with accurate information.

I am not speaking for other students but I believe if you read this thread, there is a lot of confusion and frustration expressed by many students. I am pretty sure the ACPE read this thread. That's why I did not want to post anything initially.

Sorry for the rant.

You're pointless! haha

I am not contradicting myself. I am interested in CNCP mainly because it is in Cali and I want to stay close to my family but that does not mean the school has been upfront with accurate information.

I am not speaking for other students but I believe if you read this thread, there is a lot of confusing and frustration expressed by many students. I am pretty sure the ACPE read this thread. That's why I did not want to post anything initially.

Sorry for the rant.

Hey IBU and everyone else that wants to know...they put up that paragraph on the website so that they don't receive 500 calls asking how the visit went. They took it down because they don't want students to assume or jump to conclusions (like people on this forum) before the final result is made. I think it was pretty considerate to inform us of the visit and of the school's progress so far. I was also wondering why they took it down, but I definitely understand why now. By the way, I have still never had any trouble contacting anyone from CNCP. Good luck to those who are trying and good luck to everyone applying!

not everyone that has applied comes to sdn or maybe even have read the vanishing paragraph so it makes no sence to put it up for a short period of time...:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
ok, here is my situation. i turned in my application in february and recieved an email from them at the beginning of march that i missed a letter of rec. so i turned it in at the end of the week with express mail. Now, it's almost May.. and i still haven't heard anythng from them yet..no reject letter, no interview. All Gail said was that my file was completed. There is someone in here who has already recieved an invitation for an interview for may 16 already, and i am still here waiting and waiting. Should i call Gail to ask again if they have finished reviewing my application and stuff? what should i ask her?

ok, here is my situation. i turned in my application in february and recieved an email from them at the beginning of march that i missed a letter of rec. so i turned it in at the end of the week with express mail. Now, it's almost May.. and i still haven't heard anythng from them yet..no reject letter, no interview. All Gail said was that my file was completed. There is someone in here who has already recieved an invitation for an interview for may 16 already, and i am still here waiting and waiting. Should i call Gail to ask again if they have finished reviewing my application and stuff? what should i ask her?

When is the last time you called her?? If it has been atleast 2 weeks than I would call her again tommorrow. They may be making decisions this week so I would call tommorrow. Everytime I called I waited 2 weeks too.

If I were you I'd call her, and if she didn't answer I would dial in a different extension and ask someone else. Just tell them your situation, that you turned everything in back in Feb and ask about the status of your application. See if they are still sending out interviews or not too.

ok, so i called Gail today and she said that it's still being under review. .
man, gotta wait again?
Do u guys think i should give up hope? Because the class has already been filled and until now, I still haven't recieved an interview yet. by the time i get an interview, i will probably be placed at the bottom of the waitlist.
or should i keep my hope up ?

do u know if the waitlist is weighted? do u think those who interviewed late will still have a chance of being put near the top of the waitlist?

man, gotta wait again?
Do u guys think i should give up hope? Because the class has already been filled and until now, I still haven't recieved an interview yet. by the time i get an interview, i will probably be placed at the bottom of the waitlist.

do u know if the waitlist is weighted? do u think those who interviewed late will still have a chance of being put near the top of the waitlist?

Why bother to go to Pharmacy school if you give up so quick. :barf:

Soooo...if their IT team is able to post something new and THEN remove it from the CNCP website, then where are the faculty bios that they promised us a month ago???? :mad:

Anyone wonder what that one ACPE creteria that they didn't meet is according to the update?

Hopefully the update is the only thing that was available for a short period of time in this school.

man, gotta wait again?

Actually they are not assigning the waitlist positions until all the interviews are done. So you may end up anywhere on the list.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO CONTACT ACPE AND INQUIRE ABOUT THE VISIT AND THE STANDARD SCORE THAT THEY RECIEVED...PLEASE DO NOT...DO NOT DO SO...YOU WILL BE PUTTING THE SCHOOL AT RISK...Please wait until June 25th to find out...THANK YOU....TRUST ME ON THIS

YOU WILL BE PUTTING THE SCHOOL AT RISK...Please wait until June 25th to find out...THANK YOU....TRUST ME ON THIS

The school is at risk of not getting accreditation? :eek: Did you talk to them? What did the ACPE tell you? Please let us know.

Hey I talked to Gail on monday asking about how the ACPE meeting went and she told me it went great! I then mentioned the ACPE meeting feedback on the CNCP website. Gail didn't even know about that post regarding the ACPE meeting and was shocked to hear that. She quickly told me that CNCP was not supposed to release any information about the ACPE meeting until the ACPE makes their official decision at the end of June. So I checked the website the next day (tuesday) and the posting was gone...so NO ONE CONTACT THE ACPE! JUST WAIT UNTIL JUNE!!!

Hey I talked to Gail on monday asking about how the ACPE meeting went and she told me it went great! I then mentioned the ACPE meeting feedback on the CNCP website. Gail didn't even know about that post regarding the ACPE meeting and was shocked to hear that. She quickly told me that CNCP was not supposed to release any information about the ACPE meeting until the ACPE makes their official decision at the end of June. So I checked the website the next day (tuesday) and the posting was gone...so NO ONE CONTACT THE ACPE! JUST WAIT UNTIL JUNE!!!

I agreed with you. FOR THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE WHO WANT TO KNOW ... PLEASE DO NOT CALL ACPE!!! If you want the school to get its pre-candidate status, please cooperate!!! All you need to know is that the on-site visit with ACPE was GREAT and that things will be fine!!!! Be patient and wait until June. It's for everyone's good!!!

All you need to know is that the on-site visit with ACPE was GREAT and that things will be fine!!!! Be patient and wait until June. It's for everyone's good!!!

Did you learn that the on-site visit went great from ACPE? Please let us know.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO CONTACT ACPE AND INQUIRE ABOUT THE VISIT AND THE STANDARD SCORE THAT THEY RECIEVED...PLEASE DO NOT...DO NOT DO SO...YOU WILL BE PUTTING THE SCHOOL AT RISK...Please wait until June 25th to find out...THANK YOU....TRUST ME ON THIS

I don't follow as it doesn't make much sense

I don't see how CNCP will be punished when those wondering about CNCP INDEPENDENTLY contact ACPE for inquiries.

Obviously, CNCP has no control over who contacts ACPE and shouldn't be punished. You can't really blame people for being wary especially after the Hawaii debacle.

You can send me a PM if you want.

I think my message was crystal clear dude...And I don't have to send you nothing hommie...Laters!

I don't follow as it doesn't make much sense

I don't see how CNCP will be punished when those wondering about CNCP INDEPENDENTLY contact ACPE for inquiries.

Obviously, CNCP has no control over who contacts ACPE and shouldn't be punished. You can't really blame people for being wary especially after the Hawaii debacle.

You can send me a PM if you want.

I think my message was crystal clear dude...And I don't have to send you nothing hommie...Laters!

I've noticed you're quite an aggressive person.
You called IBU pointless for posing a legit question.

If you become a pharmacist, I hope you don't disregard valid questions and brush them off by calling people pointless.

And don't call me homie.. It makes you sound like you're trying way too hard.

You are a good representative for CNCP c/o 2012. Btw, you are not a pharmacy student until you have "enrolled" into an accreditated program.

You are a good representative for CNCP c/o 2012. Btw, you are not a pharmacy student until you have "enrolled" into an accreditated program.

I agree.

Especially when he writes in all caps in an extremely obnoxious manner.

You really need to work on your people skills.

You're in NO position to call others contradictory.

I agree.

Especially when he writes in all caps in an extremely obnoxious manner.

You really need to work on your people skills.

Perhaps he's tired of defending the school all the time against all the haters on this thread. Not to say you are one, but if you've read through these pages, you will notice there are plenty. Also, he has posted relevant information many times that have been very informative to students.

IBU, you seem to dislike the school, so why even bother applying???

IBU, you seem to dislike the school, so why even bother applying???

Like other SDNers, I am just trying to find out what is going on. I know sometimes I can be harsh in my wording but that is mainly out of confusion and frustration.

Soooo...if their IT team is able to post something new and THEN remove it from the CNCP website, then where are the faculty bios that they promised us a month ago???? :mad:

I was also told they would post their faculty bios soon but still, nothing. What is going on?

I don't think you can try to equate what I'am saying on this thread to my personalities and characters of becoming a pharmacist. And I am not going to sit here and list my attributes to defend myself. If you read all my previous posts, I don't think I am an aggressive person at all, I just provide accurate information for those students who care about attending the school. And oh yea, I am sorry for calling you "homie." I guess I wasn't trying hard enough. As Gregory House, MD would say "You IDIOT!" is that obnoxious enough for ya? haha...Thank CCdarling..Peace OUT!

I've noticed you're quite an aggressive person.
You called IBU pointless for posing a legit question.

If you become a pharmacist, I hope you don't disregard valid questions and brush them off by calling people pointless.

And don't call me homie.. It makes you sound like you're trying way too hard.

Perhaps he's tired of defending the school all the time against all the haters on this thread.

HAHA. So asking meaningful question regarding ACPE visit and professors gets people labeled as haters. OK!!! BTW, schools should keep their promises if they don't they better have an explanation for delays. I recall two students in Hawaiian pharm school tried asking the dean about accreditation and he got a restraining order against them.... I hope that's not where it's headed.

Alright, let's just give it a rest. This is too funny. Be patience and let's see where all of this will be heading. By then we'll fine out who's right and who's wrong. Thanks!

HAHA. So asking meaningful question regarding ACPE visit and professors gets people labeled as haters. OK!!! BTW, schools should keep their promises if they don't they better have an explanation for delays. I recall two students in Hawaiian pharm school tried asking the dean about accreditation and he got a restraining order against them.... I hope that's not where it's headed.

Alright, let's just give it a rest. This is too funny. Be patience and let's see where all of this will be heading. By then we'll fine out who's right and who's wrong. Thanks!

Yes you are right. So has anyone heard from the school yet?

Through all the anger, confusion, and name-calling of the last 10-15 posts, no one mentioned why we should NOT call ACPE and inquire about the school.

Did I miss something? Can someone please clarify?

Thanks!!

I was referring to the people who just plain out bash the school without any evidence to back it up, except for hearsay. Of course people can ask meaningful questions!!!

Through all the anger, confusion, and name-calling of the last 10-15 posts, no one mentioned why we should NOT call ACPE and inquire about the school.

Did I miss something? Can someone please clarify?

Thanks!!

Thats the SAME question I asked but e-thug pharmd83 said it was "crystal clear."

It's a really meaningful question though.

lol "ethug"

i was hoping that after the meeting the school would be able to respond quicker to questions

Let's just all CALM DOWN. Take a deep breath and RELAX!! I know that everyone here and everyone who has applied or is applying are worried about the school's accreditation but right now, there is nothing we can do but just sit back and wait. There is no point in arguing because it only makes the situation worse and what if we are all ended up being classmates?! It's not going to pretty, right? .... So everyone, just give it a break. We are all adults here, so let's all act like one :D

There is no point in sitting here and cussing each other out. If you'd really want to know about the on-site visit, you are more than welcome to call CNCP or better yet, to call ACPE. I'm sure they will give you a brief comment on the school's progress, if not, a definite decision. However, do not be too pushy or aggressive when you call.

I'm sure that we are all familiar with the incidence that has happened at Hawaii and yes, it is logical to suspect that the same thing might happen again .... but then again, can one really predict the future? There is an old chinese saying, "If you are scared, then don't do it. If you don't trust him, then don't collaborate with him." It's the same concept, if you don't have faith in CNCP, then don't apply there. There are still plenty of other pharmacy schools in CA. Or better yet, you can wait for another 4 more years until CNCP is officially getting its full accreditation, and then apply. But if CNCP is your only chance and your only hope, then you really have to be patient and and most of all be optimistic

One more thing, PharmD83 is actually a really nice individual. If you read previous posts, he has been very helpful in providing valid information regarding CNCP. And I'm sure that everyone here in this forum are nice and phenomenon individuals. I guess it's just the frustration that makes us act the way we are, so careless and insensitive towards each other. Let's be nice to one another and perhaps, we can all work it out and get the most valid and concrete info about CNCP

Could not have said it better. Thanks neetfreek259!

Let's just all CALM DOWN. Take a deep breath and RELAX!! I know that everyone here and everyone who has applied or is applying are worried about the school's accreditation but right now, there is nothing we can do but just sit back and wait. There is no point in arguing because it only makes the situation worse and what if we are all ended up being classmates?! It's not going to pretty, right? .... So everyone, just give it a break. We are all adults here, so let's all act like one :D

There is no point in sitting here and cussing each other out. If you'd really want to know about the on-site visit, you are more than welcome to call CNCP or better yet, to call ACPE. I'm sure they will give you a brief comment on the school's progress, if not, a definite decision. However, do not be too pushy or aggressive when you call.

I'm sure that we are all familiar with the incidence that has happened at Hawaii and yes, it is logical to suspect that the same thing might happen again .... but then again, can one really predict the future? There is an old chinese saying, "If you are scared, then don't do it. If you don't trust him, then don't collaborate with him." It's the same concept, if you don't have faith in CNCP, then don't apply there. There are still plenty of other pharmacy schools in CA. Or better yet, you can wait for another 4 more years until CNCP is officially getting its full accreditation, and then apply. But if CNCP is your only chance and your only hope, then you really have to be patient and and most of all be optimistic

One more thing, PharmD83 is actually a really nice individual. If you read previous posts, he has been very helpful in providing valid information regarding CNCP.

I don't think trying to belittle others for asking valid questions is very helpful. I am still waiting for him to explain why we shouldn't call the ACPE. It seems like he has not been up front with us and by not doing so, it only reinforces our suspicion and cause us to speculate.

The fundamental value of a college education is to engage the thought process.
I know many people on here are mature enough to have realized this fact.

As future pharmacists, we are to learn the mechanisms of action and how drugs affect our physiology.

It is astounding to me how some of us here act. As a network, there should be open exchanges of information.

It is dangerous to command a community NOT to do something when there is no logic behind it.

I hope each and everyone of us asks questions, as this is fundamental to the human condition as well as the scientific process.

Going back to THE question...PharmD83, why shouldn't we call ACPE and ask about the visit? Obviously none of us are bold enough to ask if CNCP will get pre-cand in June, but rather, most of us are bound to ask how the visit went. I don't see how that will harm CNCP. Perhaps I'm not seeing something? But the last few posts have been about this question. Please clarify. I'm not asking to be obnoxious, but obviously it is not "crystal clear."

i have known one person so far who recieved an interview for may 16. are there anyone else? hmm, i am still waiting and waiting. no interview yet..
anything new guys?