CA Northstate Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nope..
who got the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't why pple r warning against contacting ACPE but I heard dat after CNCP posted the anouncement on ACPE visit, someone called ACPE asking questions abt it and ACPE asked CNCP to bring down the anouncement

Has anybody from the 4/11 interview hear any news yet??? plz tell us when ya'll do! :laugh:

Hi, I just found out that I'm waitlisted today from a letter in the mail. It said that I won't know if I get accepted no later than early August. I really hope that I get in and the school gets pre-cand status. Ahhh, the wait seems so long. For those of you from that interview day...have you heard any news yet? Good luck to all! :luck::love::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Are people just getting waitlisted or is there a deferred list as well? Does anyone know about this?

Are people just getting waitlisted or is there a deferred list as well? Does anyone know about this?
it is the same thing. the class is currently full. you will not know your status if you get in or not until aug or maybe on the day school start. while other school are pulling people off the waitlist. this school is interviewing more people to be added to the waitlist. the school is suppose to be on a roll calling addmission.

Did you get waitlisted also? I don't believe this. I think their waitlist is going to have atleast 40 people because they have been waitlisting for the last month and they haven't even started interviewing people that applied by the 30th of April :mad:. I think the chances of getting in are getting slimmer everyday. I am pretty sure that maybe only like 3 people wil get on from the waitlist...if even that:(!

Did you get waitlisted also? I don't believe this. I think their waitlist is going to have atleast 40 people because they have been waitlisting for the last month and they haven't even started interviewing people that applied by the 30th of April :mad:. I think the chances of getting in are getting slimmer everyday. I am pretty sure that maybe only like 3 people wil get on from the waitlist...if even that:(!

you are right on the money.

I remember an old post by you...so are you still on the waitlist?? Have they told you anything? Like even what number you are?
they told me not until aug or on the day school start. as of what number i am on the waitlist they would not answer the question.

they told me not until aug or on the day school start. as of what number i am on the waitlist they would not answer the question.

hey i pm'd you with some questions! thanks!

Guys, even though CNCP is a new school, if you apply late you will most likely be waitlisted or not get an interview at all! This is the case with any school!! Do not get frustrated because you applies in March-April and you got waitlisted. It is just common sense :).

Good Luck everyone!!!

Guys, even though CNCP is a new school, if you apply late you will most likely be waitlisted or not get an interview at all! This is the case with any school!! Do not get frustrated because you applies in March-April and you got waitlisted. It is just common sense :).

Good Luck everyone!!!

Well some people got waitlisted in January. Well we are concerned about the fact that this school has rolling admissions and they just finished accepting applications a week ago.

Good Luck everyone!!!

That's not true. Professional schools that use rolling admissions slowly accept outstanding students while they are still interviewing students and accept the majority of the students after they have interviewed everyone. That did not happen at CNCP. It is first come, first serve at CNCP. It pisses me off that they extended the deadline and still accept applications when they already know the class is full and they can't accept any more students.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's not true. Professional schools that use rolling admissions slowly accept outstanding students while they are still interviewing students and accept the majority of the students after they have interviewed everyone. That did not happen at CNCP. It is first come, first serve at CNCP. It pisses me off that they extended the deadline and still accept applications when they already know the class is full and they can't accept any more students.

They accepted most people early because they probably knew that most students had other schools as their top choice. Sry but you sound real bitter...

I think there are a few misconceptions about rolling admission. Rolling admission, by definition, means that the school lets you know as soon as your file is reviewed if you are accepted/waitlisted/etc. While it keeps a few seats open for later applicants, early applicants have a clear advantage!

Check out the definitions of Rolling Admission:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...dmission&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

They accepted most people early because they probably knew that most students had other schools as their top choice. Sry but you sound real bitter...

Yes, I am bitter that they misled me and took my money.

I also dont know understand what does accepting students early have to do with students being accepted to other schools. It's not like CNCP is their first choice so it does not matter.

I think there are a few misconceptions about rolling admission. Rolling admission, by definition, means that the school lets you know as soon as your file is reviewed if you are accepted/waitlisted/etc. While it keeps a few seats open for later applicants, early applicants have a clear advantage!

Check out the definitions of Rolling Admission:

No one is saying early applicants do not have an advantage but professional schools don't extend their application deadline and accept more applications while knowing the class is already full and they dont have a chance of being accepted. That's just wrong.

No one is saying early applicants do not have an advantage but professional schools don't extend their application deadline and accept more applications while knowing the class is already full and they dont have a chance of being accepted. That's just wrong.

Do you know for a fact that the class is full?

Is that what the school said already?

Just do not get frustrated. I applied to a school where I got rejected within HOURS of paying the application fees. I do not think they even looked at my application. Best of luck!!

i wouldnt even worry about it anymore if you get pulled off the list then great consentrate on the next cycle..

anyways some people might have trouble procuring private loans so they might not be able to attend.. i wonder when you must have the loan situation sorted out i presume before class starts..

the class is full in that they have accepted 80 students. however, not all of those 80 students will choose to go to CNCP . they extended the deadline so that they will have a bigger pool of waitlisted students to choose from later once the spots open up. they will no doubt pick students with better stats to be in front of the waitlist. right now, they're just waiting for those who have been accepted to respond whether they will attend CNCP.

I imagine that the waitlist is huge. that's the frustrating part for me... that with the extended deadline, the list will grow and grow and grow!

i wouldnt even worry about it anymore if you get pulled off the list then great consentrate on the next cycle..

anyways some people might have trouble procuring private loans so they might not be able to attend.. i wonder when you must have the loan situation sorted out i presume before class starts..

Exactly. There are reasons that people will not be able to attend CNCP. Acceptances to other schools, unable to receive loans, etc. Although the chances to get off the wl are not great, nonetheless, there still is a chance.

Yeah so mostly likely us waitlisted people will not hear until August then. That's fine as long as I get in I will be happy, but the housing situation will become tough. I just wish that they would atleast give us some sort of number because if I am number 20 then we all know there is no chance. I am also afraid to spend all the money necesary to apply to other schools, but I guess if I really want this I no other option.

I don't think the school misleads anyone. It's your choice to apply, and the reason why you're acting like this towards the school is because you've applied later in the application process, and EVERYONE knows this about pharmacy schools. You will be placed in the more competitive pool because the spots have already been filled up, common sense. Which brings me to another question, if you're not in this situation, being waitlisted, or whatever situation you're in, would you still be bitter? or will you have an optimistic and positive attitude towards CNCP? This is going to be a great school that is staffed by excellent and committed individuals. I have the pleasure of meeting all of them. Please don't jump to conclusion and take it out on the school just because you didn't get what you want or that you're placed on the waitlist. For those of you who are on the waitlist, just wait it out. I'm pretty sure that CNCP will most definitely pull students out of the waitlist, but I do not know how many. The reasons have already been listed above by 3434 and sunaqua. One of the reasons why they make the waitlist so large is for back up. This is a new school, and I feel sad for saying this, but the reality is that CNCP is not a top school for most students. I mean if they make their waitlist so small like 5 or so, what if 10 students who are accpeted chose not to go? For those of you who are on the waitlist, I wish you the best of luck..Keep your hopes up and be positive. And one more thing.. I was also interviewed at Pacific University in Oregon, and was placed on the waitlist..And you know how big their waitlist is? They placed 70 people on the waitlist, and they have a class of 96. So stay positive, the people at CNCP know what they are doing. One last question for IBU, how would you feel about CNCP if you were happened to be pulled off of the wait list later? Would you attend and have a positive attitude towards the school?

I also personally don't think the school is misleading. The staff there are really nice. Sure, in the beginning, I had a difficult time reaching someone to talk to but I just probably called when they were really busy. Before the interview, they did inform me that I may most likely be waitlisted. It wasn't hidden at all. I took the chance to be interviewed because I am looking forward to going to that school and more importantly, becoming a pharmacist. I'm not bitter that I am waitlisted. It could have been worst and I could have even been denied. Had I known about CNCP earlier, I would have applied way before March. They told us that we will be notified in 4 weeks after the interview and the letter came around that time. So far, most of what they said to the students, or at least to me, they delivered! :)

I also personally don't think the school is misleading. The staff there are really nice. Sure, in the beginning, I had a difficult time reaching someone to talk to but I just probably called when they were really busy. Before the interview, they did inform me that I may most likely be waitlisted. It wasn't hidden at all. I took the chance to be interviewed because I am looking forward to going to that school and more importantly, becoming a pharmacist. I'm not bitter that I am waitlisted. It could have been worst and I could have even been denied. Had I known about CNCP earlier, I would have applied way before March. They told us that we will be notified in 4 weeks after the interview and the letter came around that time. So far, most of what they said to the students, or at least to me, they delivered! :)

Very positive attitude. I think you deserve to get into this school and I hope you do!

Good Luck PharmDesir...I hope you will be joining us in the fall!

One last question for IBU, how would you feel about CNCP if you were happened to be pulled off of the wait list later? Would you attend and have a positive attitude towards the school?

I guess as long as I say positive things about the school, then I deserve a spot right? I'll answer all of your questions, once you tell us why you told us not to contact the ACPE.

It is too bad the school did not take its time and accept a more competitive class. It is first come, first serve. That's not how a pharmacy school should operate.

CNCP said:
"An ACPE Evaluation Team completed a 2-day focused site visit on April 24 and 25 and complemented CNCP on its outstanding teaching and research facilities and the progress made since their last visit this past October. According to the ACPE team findings, CNCP now meets 29 out of 30 ACPE standards and partially meets the remaining standard. This gives CNCP reason to be cautiously optimistic that pre-candidate status will be granted this June and classes will begin this fall."

Regarding the statement that was previously posted on CNCP's website and PharmD83 told us not to contact the ACPE about, did anybody else notice they misspelled complimented? That's not a good sign.

Well, that's how most pharmacy schools operate. The earlier you apply and the more stronger you are as an applicant, the better chances you'll get of being accepted. It's not only CNCP that does this, practically if not all pharamcy schools do this.

I guess as long as I say positive things about the school, then I deserve a spot right? I'll answer all of your questions, once you tell us why you told us not to contact the ACPE.

It is too bad the school did not take its time and accept a more competitive class. It is first come, first serve. That's not how a pharmacy school should operate.

Regarding the statement that was previously posted on CNCP's website and PharmD83 told us not to contact the ACPE about, did anybody else notice they misspelled complimented? That's not a good sign.

Yea this school sucks so bad but yet you are so desperate to get in. Quite laughable. If CNCP offers you a spot, you'll say no right? BS. Why don't you quit whining and complaining and learn to apply earlier the next app cycle. Also I highly doubt you're so much more competitive than everyone else!

That's sarcasm right?

It could've been an IT guy who typed that up.

I empathize with you guys though. It's easy to complain and gripe when you think things are unfair.

Unfortunately, the school isn't run democratically and everyone should channel their negative energy elsewhere.

It could've been an IT guy who typed that up.

I guess the IT guy should also be blamed for CNCP not posting its faculty bio as it had promised.

heads up, CNCP should know the answer of their acpe visit from the committee by the end of May or early June, if they don't tell their students, then they are holding something back...i heard ACPE will not post up their results on the website until late July...............:sleep:

heads up, CNCP should know the answer of their acpe visit from the committee by the end of May or early June, if they don't tell their students, then they are holding something back...i heard ACPE will not post up their results on the website until late July...............:sleep:

Who/where did you hear that from? I heard different information...

Yea this school sucks so bad but yet you are so desperate to get in. Quite laughable. If CNCP offers you a spot, you'll say no right? BS. Why don't you quit whining and complaining and learn to apply earlier the next app cycle. Also I highly doubt you're so much more competitive than everyone else!

lol ... but i strongly agree with you!!!!

IBU - you need to stop whining about the topic "not contacting ACPE". If you wish to contact them, just pick up the phone and do so instead of asking the same question over and over and over again "Has anyone contacted ACPE regarding this issue?" :thumbdown:

As for rolling admission, I agree with PharmD83. Most pharmacy schools utilize the rolling admission BUT that doesn't mean that everyone who applied early would get it. The schools still take a very close look at your GPA, extracurricular activities, work experience, PCAT, and other good stuff that you might have done. They put the "potential applicants" in one pile, and "so-so applicants" in another. And that's how they consider who gets the interview and who does not. After the interview, again they probably group them into two or three piles and then consider who gets in, who gets on the waitlist, and who gets denied!! They have their system and trust me, the people who got accepted into pharmacy schools are carefully selected and pulled from a competitive poll. It's not all first come, first serve.

Well, good luck to everyone and I hope to see you in the Fall :D

IBU - also one more thing. CNCP didn't misspell COMPLIMENT. Just in case you didn't know, COMPLEMENT and COMPLIMENT are two different words in which they possess different meaning. In this case, CNCP used the right word in the right sentence form. The same thing applies to "affect" and "effect" :p

Hey Pharmacia07, just to clearify..hhm..CNCP will NOT know the status of whether or not they will receive pre-candidate status at the end of May. The Dean will have to appear before the board one last time in the middle of June. The board then has to make a final decision and vote for pre-candidate. The earliest that we will know is June 23rd. Yes you are right in the fact that ACPE will not post the information up on their "NEWS" link, until 30 days after the decision is made. ACPE will provide CNCP with the decision and an email will be sent out to all of the accepted applicants by the school. So hang tight everyone. And I do not believe that the faculty members will hide anything from their students. They have never held anything back as far as I know, and I think they are very straight forward with their answers all of the time. If you need to inquire anything, they will always try to provide you with the most current information possible if they know it themselves. I know this from experience, because I have spoken with them ample times. So I guess we just have to wait until June rolls around and celebrate...Have a great summer everyone..try to pass all of your required classes!

Hey, has CNCP told anyone how many people are on the waitlist so far? I have asked before but didn't get a number.

Hey, has CNCP told anyone how many people are on the waitlist so far? I have asked before but didn't get a number.

No actually they are not telling anyone. Also, we will not hear ANYTHING from them for atleast a month regarding acceptances off of the waitlist because they are still interviewing people this month.

No actually they are not telling anyone. Also, we will not hear ANYTHING from them for atleast a month regarding acceptances off of the waitlist because they are still interviewing people this month.

Thanks for the info. As others have mentioned, we all should just wait patiently and remain positive. Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Hello everyone, I have been following on this thread for a while. I was wondering if any of the accepted students have planned on getting private loans and how would it work?

Hey everyone. So in the last month NO ONE except one person has heard from the school??? No interviews, acceptances, or waitlisted people??

Ha! I been waiting ever so patiently for a whole month, but no response yet. My interview was in mid-April.

Ha! I been waiting ever so patiently for a whole month, but no response yet. My interview was in mid-April.

Maybe the staff fled to another country already and are living it up with the money you spent applying to the school :confused: They should have taken the first tuition deposit at least...jk :)

Uh Oh. :scared: Better prepare yourself for hate mail. LOL :laugh:

So I heard from a person on SDN that some people got an interview today. I wonder how it went!