Cal Northstate c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys hear that we have to wear professional attire to school now
that means no jeans or t -shirts!
OMG! How am i gonna afford to buy new clothes with the interest am I paying for the loans
This Dean is nutszo!!
Anybody else feel the same way??!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you guys hear that we have to wear professional attire to school now
that means no jeans or t -shirts!
OMG! How am i gonna afford to buy new clothes with the interest am I paying for the loans
This Dean is nutszo!!
Anybody else feel the same way??!!!

You can dress in professional attire without breaking the bank. As far as I understand it, the majority of pharmacy schools require professional attire, and casual dress is far more the exception than the rule.

It's a professional school, you have to look the part.

OH sorry for not saying I am going to different school. However, be careful with Sallie Mae. Avoid "student smart option" loan. Check out their other offers.

fyl...epic fail...

about the attire: you can always hit up macy's! they always have nice clothes on clearance...if that doesnt work, head out to the folsom outlet or vacaville outlet and check out their stores. i am sure you'll find something there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Gottshalk's in Davis still has their huge liquidation thing going.

And WalMart in Natomas has pretty sweet prices on decent-looking professional attire. You don't need to wear Louis Vuitton unless you're SHC1984.

Gottshalk's in Davis still has their huge liquidation thing going.

And WalMart in Natomas has pretty sweet prices on decent-looking professional attire. You don't need to wear Louis Vuitton unless you're SHC1984.

:lol:

has anyone got called up from the waitlist?????????????????

Has anyone got the Sallie Mae loan yet? It seems like Sallie Mae is the only choice.

I just want to warn you again about Sallie Mae. Avoid " Student Smart Option" loan. Check your loan's interest rate as well as other conditions.

I want to give you a little bit information about Student Smart Option:
1) Need cosigner
2) Interest Rate for "monthly basis", not annually.
3) Have to start paying them back next month, not after you finish school.

I just want to warn you again about Sallie Mae. Avoid " Student Smart Option" loan. Check your loan's interest rate as well as other conditions.

I want to give you a little bit information about Student Smart Option:
1) Need cosigner
2) Interest Rate for "monthly basis", not annually.
3) Have to start paying them back next month, not after you finish school.

i like how this is titled "smart option" :eek:

I just gave up my spot yesterday so goodluck to those of u still waiting to heat back from cncp.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email on Tuesday saying i'm on the mid-waitlist. Is anyone else a mid-waitlist candidate?

hey guys, did anyone got called off the waitlist yet?

Bishop Court three room apartment near CNCP. There is one spot open if anyone still need a place to live. Rent is $1050. Please get back to me ASAP.
\\my email addy is [email protected]

Last edited:
I found out that I got accepted last Thursday...but I still can't get a loan yet cuz can't find a qualified cosigner:eek:...the deadline to pay my tuition is on Tuesday. I really don't know what to do?

For CNCP incoming students!

Check this out!
I found 2 bed/1 bath apartments for $750/month and $300 deposit. It is 6 to 12 months lease. It is about 2 miles from CNCP. I have this idea and also help us out saving money. I am willing to toss my privacy out of the window for the next 4 years and rent this apartment with 3 or 4 may be 5 CNCP students. Anyone interested in doing this, let me know. After all, it is all about reducing expenses.

I found out that I got accepted last Thursday...but I still can't get a loan yet cuz can't find a qualified cosigner:eek:...the deadline to pay my tuition is on Tuesday. I really don't know what to do?

off the wait list?

I am in high waitlist, but they havnt called me yet, I will applly for the sallie maie loan today finally. I am afraid this school does not get accredited.:idea:

so i hate to ask...what happens to students who get rejected by sally mae? no where else to turn to?

fyi....
I interviewed on 3/13 and was on the high waiting list. Just got accepted yesterday from the waitlist. I am worried about the loans, so might be giving up my seat. Good luck to the rest of you who are waiting!

I got my acceptance email on thursday too. but I will be giving up my seat. GL to everyone

Hi Everyone!

I'm from the the class of 2012. I have 4 rooms available for rent in a house in the Anatolia community. It is in a safe, quite, and nice community with access to a club house. Club house includes swimming pools, study lounge, gym, tennis court, spa/sauna, etc. It is about 5 minutes from CNCP. Location is close to Costco, Staples, Arbys, Walgreens, and many other retail stores. Rent is $400 includes free access to washer and dryer, free basic cable.

I am looking for preferably a group of 4 but individuals are great too! You can move as soon as you want.

If you are interested please email me at [email protected]

Thank you!

i got my acceptance on thursday, i submitted my loan through sallie mae, and got approved. DOes anyone know if you have send cncp a letter saying you got approved, OR DOES sallie mae do it for you.

i got my acceptance on thursday, i submitted my loan through sallie mae, and got approved. DOes anyone know if you have send cncp a letter saying you got approved, OR DOES sallie mae do it for you.

If you don't mind, I am very curious as to the terms of the loan you got from Sallie Mae. Is it a loan that you need to pay back immediately or is it deferred like traditional loans?

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now do your paperwork ready ASAP and send it to the school so there won't be any delayed in submitting welcome packet to school.
Congrates again!!!!!!

If you don't mind, I am very curious as to the terms of the loan you got from Sallie Mae. Is it a loan that you need to pay back immediately or is it deferred like traditional loans?

It is a type of loan where you pay back monthly

so how is one suppose to pay that loan back while in school? Besides parents and rich family members.

how are you CNCP people going to do it?

The school is Mon-Thursday
We will have 3 days off of school , we can work as intern pharmacist or the night shifts at the hotels where the pay is usually more than day shifts and work load is less too. I used to work at the franchise hotel and used to finish all my homework there.

i am stressing out on this waitlist issue. anyone from the previous class know if they even reached the mid tier wait list? im a high wait list candidate...so stressed out!!

They havn't the slightest idea what they're getting into. The only thing I can come up with in my mind is that they are knowingly turning the other cheek to this fiscal disaster in the wake of their excitement of an acceptance. Some months ago the terms of the sallie may loan were broken down, in this very thread, and the amount these students are going to be paying for their schooling after 4 years is outrageous.

From back in January, pretty interesting...and by interesting I mean insane.

You will get ripped off going to this school. They do not have regional college accreditation or pharmacy accreditation.

You will not be able to get federal loans, you will have to get private Sallie Mae loans. You will more than likely pay around 16% interest as that is the new high rate for 80% of their loans. http://studentlendinganalytics.type...ature-loan-to-climb-to-14625-apr-over-17.html

Their tuition is $40,000 per year. Private loans compound interest every year even while you are in school.
$40K + 16% interest = $46400 year 1
$46K + $40K +16% interest = $100224 year 2
$100K + $40K + 16% interest = $162659 year 3
$162K + $40K + 16% interest = $235085 year 4

$235,085 for your pharmd with Sallie Mae loans accruing interest through school, but it is not over yet.

Here is your repayment calculations from the Sallie Mae site.
Private Loan Repayment Balance$235,085 Monthly Payment Schedule
Signature Student LoansInitial Balance$235,085Remaining Terms$3,453
Payment Summary
Signature Student LoansTotal $ Payments$621,485Total Interest$386,400Total # of Payments180

So, $3500 a month for 15 years after you graduate. The grand total for your pharmd?? $621,485

Print this off and take it to your interview, ask them some questions about it, let me know what they say. Sallie Mae is a scam and this school was created to feed off the large applicant pool of CA, and to pump up some wallets.

We will have 3 days off of school , we can work as intern pharmacist or the night shifts at the hotels where the pay is usually more than day shifts and work load is less too. I used to work at the franchise hotel and used to finish all my homework there.

..... are you serious or sarcasm? HAHAHA. these students do not know what they're getting into. One of the most expensive schools, not accredited, private loans...wow :scared::eek:

They havn't the slightest idea what they're getting into. The only thing I can come up with in my mind is that they are knowingly turning the other cheek to this fiscal disaster in the wake of their excitement of an acceptance.

Exactly, they couldn't get into the other 7 schools in CA, or the other 100+ in the US with reasonable loans, so they desperately take acceptance from CNCP. Why else would someone willingly go to a private pharmd mill and pay so much? They are delusional to their own situation. Maybe they don't want to tell all their friends and family that they couldn't get into pharm school, so they act like they are at a legitimate school? Maybe they didn't want to study and retake pre-reqs to try to get into a real school like every other pharm, dent, med, optical student?

Your hopelessly optimistic outlook is cute, but I feel bad that you don't realize what is happening. You do know that sallie mae interest is between 12-16%, and interest alone on $40K is around $500 per month. So, $500/mo 1st year, $1000/mo 2nd year, $1500/mo 3rd year, $2000/mo 4th year. How are you going to pay $1,000 per month in interest while working part-time making $15/hr, plus pay for rent, utilities, gas, insurance, etc? I can finance a brand new Porsche Cayman or BMW M3 for $1000 per month, or a Lamborghini Gallardo for around $1900 per month, or how about a $350,000 house for $1950/mo? You guys are going to make your life hell.

Last edited:
wait, so that's what rejected pharmacy students do? Retake pre req classes where they got Cs? Is that better than taking than taking random classes to boost your cumulative? or I can just do both, huh.

Last edited:
Have any of you CNCP people gotten sponsors with Green note from people you don't really know.

This is from Northstate Cal financial aid:

Loans fall into two broad categories. The first are federal loans that are either directly made by the federal government (usually called direct loans) or loans made by private lenders but with a federal guarantee of repayment in the event of borrower default (usually called guaranteed loans). The second common loan type is the private or alternative loan. These loans are made by private lenders and carry no governmental repayment guarantee. In considering private or alternative loans, borrowers need to consider such factors as annual and aggregate loan amount limits, interest rates, fees, disbursement processes, timing, and frequency, deferments such as during the in-school period, and repayment terms.

Again, due to the evolving CNCP accreditation status, CNCP does not yet participate in the federal loan programs. However, CNCP has identified a few private student loan programs which might be available to CNCP students. Please continue to check our web site for updated information about other types of programs.

Salli Mai Smart Option Student Loan

GreenNote
GreenNote is a peer-to-peer lending program that offers student loans.

Disclaimer
CNCP is not recommending or endorsing any particular loan described above. Rather CNCP is merely informing students of their potential availability. Any and all issues relating to the availability, eligibility, requirements, risks, obligations, and any other matter regarding the loans described in this document are between the student and the lender and not CNCP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They do not even spell Sallie Mae right.

sorry, I'm super short on time. can someone post the link to the site that has the profile of the candidates that applied to pharmacy school last year and are going to apply this year. thanks.

..... are you serious or sarcasm? HAHAHA. these students do not know what they're getting into. One of the most expensive schools, not accredited, private loans...wow :scared::eek:
if you don't want to go, doesn't mean others don't either.
There must be reasons why we all are going to attend CNCP, when some people applied didn't do the research and now they are turning their seats in, but good thing whoever can afford will grab the seat and continue schooling. Not lke these unhopeful depressed people,...... it's worth finishing the school, why u guys dont understand.