Cal Northstate c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:smuggrin::laugh:
Exactly, they couldn't get into the other 7 schools in CA, or the other 100+ in the US with reasonable loans, so they desperately take acceptance from CNCP. Why else would someone willingly go to a private pharmd mill and pay so much? They are delusional to their own situation. Maybe they don't want to tell all their friends and family that they couldn't get into pharm school, so they act like they are at a legitimate school? Maybe they didn't want to study and retake pre-reqs to try to get into a real school like every other pharm, dent, med, optical student?

:scared:Thanks for your thougtfulness and being so kind to give us the pricing on your expensive thoughts of cars and house. While you continue working on your expensive thoughts more deeper, we will finish the pharmacy school and make all your dreams come true. But there will be only one difference that you will be still dreaming while we will pass in our BMW next to you. HAHHAH

Your hopelessly optimistic outlook is cute, but I feel bad that you don't realize what is happening. You do know that sallie mae interest is between 12-16%, and interest alone on $40K is around $500 per month. So, $500/mo 1st year, $1000/mo 2nd year, $1500/mo 3rd year, $2000/mo 4th year. How are you going to pay $1,000 per month in interest while working part-time making $15/hr, plus pay for rent, utilities, gas, insurance, etc? I can finance a brand new Porsche Cayman or BMW M3 for $1000 per month, or a Lamborghini Gallardo for around $1900 per month, or how about a $350,000 house for $1950/mo? You guys are going to make your life hell.

Members don't see this ad.

if you don't want to go, doesn't mean others don't either.
There must be reasons why we all are going to attend CNCP, when some people applied didn't do the research and now they are turning their seats in, but good thing whoever can afford will grab the seat and continue schooling. Not lke these unhopeful depressed people,...... it's worth finishing the school, why u guys dont understand.

The only feasible reason I see is that you weren't accepted anywhere else and you don't have the patience, or the confidence, to apply again for Fall '10.

If there anyone who's attending CNCP that was accepted to multiple institutions? I highly doubt it.

Prayosha, Bavarian wasn't just bring up the Cayman, BMW or house for no reason at all. He was illustrating the point that the private loans you'll need to take out in order to finance your pharmacy education at CNCP are ridiculously expensive.

Your Pharm.D will cost you over $600,000 in all likelihood. Are you that desperate to earn $75,000 a year that you want to spend over half a million bucks to do it?

If my Pharm.D would cost me even $350,000... I'd say forget it and find another career, because besides a mortgage, nothing is worth that much money.

Not to mention the fact that the Sallie Mae loan demands payment WHILE you're in school.

And what happens if CNCP folds when you're in the middle of your 2nd year because they can't get regionally OR ACPE accredited and you're out what, 130 grand?

It just doesn't add up. This is just like psychology students who dicked around in undergraduate but still want a doctorate (PsyD/PhD) with their 2.95 GPA, so they go to places like Loma Linda and Argosy, shell out $250,000 for their PhD, and go on to earn 60 or 70 thousand bucks a year. It's like a damn vow of poverty spending THAT much on your education.

@Calisoca - I can see someone applying to CNCP if they want to stay in the greater Sac. area. Moving to San Francisco/Vallejo is a pretty big jump for people w/ families, and cost of living there is absolutely bonkers. You know what it's like in the Bay area. UoP is close too, an hour-ish drive to two hours depending on traffic but again, that can be prohibitive for people in Sacramento.

I can see someone who is otherwise naive to other options going to CNCP and being duped into paying $600,000 for their PharmD., even someone with GOOD grades and GOOD ECs! I mean hell, if I hadn't found SDN... who knows where I'd be. sure, I'd probably have made my way eventually, but learning from people who have BTDT on this forum is just invaluable. With that being said Calisoca, it's not fair to simply generalize everyone at CNCP as subpar students and presume that anyone going there only got CNCP as an acceptance. Had I not found this forum, I might even be going there, and I am hardly what you'd consider a poor student.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you don't want to go, doesn't mean others don't either.
There must be reasons why we all are going to attend CNCP, when some people applied didn't do the research and now they are turning their seats in, but good thing whoever can afford will grab the seat and continue schooling. Not lke these unhopeful depressed people,...... it's worth finishing the school, why u guys dont understand.

okie dokie! good luck and have fun while you work the 3 days you're off and night shifts. hopefully you can get the debt down to $500,000.

:smuggrin::laugh: Thanks for your thougtfulness and being so kind to give us the pricing on your expensive thoughts of cars and house. While you continue working on your expensive thoughts more deeper, we will finish the pharmacy school and make all your dreams come true. But there will be only one difference that you will be still dreaming while we will pass in our BMW next to you. HAHHAH

What's funny about paying three or four times the amount everyone else in the nation is paying for their pharm. D?

It's pretty evident you're entirely ignorant to what your mom and dad are going to be paying for.

Originally Posted by prayosha
:smuggrin::laugh: Thanks for your thougtfulness and being so kind to give us the pricing on your expensive thoughts of cars and house. While you continue working on your expensive thoughts more deeper, we will finish the pharmacy school and make all your dreams come true. But there will be only one difference that you will be still dreaming while we will pass in our BMW next to you. HAHHAH
I brought up those expensive items to show you what could be bought for the amount you will be paying in interest ALONE. What are you going to do when you graduate and your payment is $3000/mo? You do know that pharmacists only bring home around $6000/mo right? This is the most horrible investment of your time and money besides the scam JD schools.

Last edited:
I hear some students are taking a couple Master's classes a year to get Federal Loans. Not a bad idea. You get a maximum of 21k I think and you can potentially get up to 10k from Grad Plus loans. If you look at it, CA Northstate kinda has Federal Loans now lol..I mean it sucks that you have to take extra classes but you have to do whatever it takes. I was accepted to this school back in February and I was impressed by it. I think people have to stop hating and just let this school be. Not everyone can get into top notch schools and some people don't want to waste their time applying every year. In the end, a degree gets you a job, that's all that matters.

I hear some students are taking a couple Master's classes a year to get Federal Loans.

You are going to have to take more than "couple" of master courses to get federal loans. You need to attend an approved college on at least a half-time basis. Even if you have that kind of time, these loans are only enough for tuition.

BMBiology, I just confirmed with a person attending Northstate and taking masters courses. She said you take ONE class per semester, and each class is only around 8 weeks. And these are online masters programs..therefore, making it only TWO classes a year for full funding of federal loans. True that would only cover tuition, isn't that better than taking all private loans??? This way, a person only has to take out 10-20k of private loans, better than 50k. This forum is full of haters and negative people.

BTW, full time for graduate level is 6 units...6 units= 2 classes so yes, it is only a "COUPLE" classes

BMBiology, I just confirmed with a person attending Northstate and taking masters courses. She said you take ONE class per semester, and each class is only around 8 weeks. And these are online masters programs..therefore, making it only TWO classes a year for full funding of federal loans. True that would only cover tuition, isn't that better than taking all private loans???

Two classes per year make you a half time student at a graduate level? With that limited course load, you are not even a half time student at an undergraduate level. She's jerking you around.

Again, these federal loans only cover enough for the tuition for these graduate courses. There's not going to be money left over for you to pay your tuition at CNCP.

All you need is 6 credits a year to get financial aid, I checked out a couple of online master's programs like University of Phoenix and Davenport. They give you 20,500 for the year and you can apply for other loans such as the grad plus loans so you will have money left over. The classes cost about $1300 each, so two classes a year is $2,600. Subtract that from the 20,500 and whatever federal loan you get, you will have money left over. It's like pulling teeth with you people, you have to trash and be negative about everything. I just looked into it and it is true!!!! lol

The classes cost about $1300 each, so two classes a year is $2,600. Subtract that from the 20,500 and whatever federal loan you get, you will have money left over. It's like pulling teeth with you people, you have to trash and be negative about everything. I just looked into it and it is true!!!! lol

It is almost laughable to think you are going to get 20 k in loan to cover for $2600 in tuition. Why even use our credit cards? Let's just enroll in a graduate program!

Members don't see this ad :)
All you need is 6 credits a year to get financial aid, I checked out a couple of online master's programs like University of Phoenix and Davenport. They give you 20,500 for the year and you can apply for other loans such as the grad plus loans so you will have money left over. The classes cost about $1300 each, so two classes a year is $2,600. Subtract that from the 20,500 and whatever federal loan you get, you will have money left over. It's like pulling teeth with you people, you have to trash and be negative about everything. I just looked into it and it is true!!!! lol

Or you could just go to a school that doesn't bend you over and lube up your a**hole and avoid all of that nonsense and hoop-jumping.

I'll bet at least 80% of their students are matriculating solely because they were denied at every other institution. There's simply no other logical reason to attend CNCP at this juncture.

Last edited:
Or you could just go to a school that doesn't bend you over and lube up your a**hole and avoid all of that nonsense and hoop-jumping.

I'll bet at least 80% of their students are matriculating solely because they were denied at every other institution. There's simply no other logical reason to attend CNCP at this juncture.

Watch out, the caped crusader with a UCSF on his chest is going to accuse you of more doom and gloom!

Stop being so negative, damn you!.

Gosh! On a slightly more serious note, I know loan sharks in Vegas that have better offers than Sallie Mae does. CNCP is seriously taking people for a ride on a financial ruin bus.

I am P2 at CNCP and I am doing the master's program..I am taking two online classes a year and I got almost 27k in federal loans, so YES, THEY DO GIVE YOU THAT MUCH JUST FOR 2 CLASSES..I do admit, the loan situation sucks and if I had to go back, I wouldn't have attended. I applied to two schools and was wait listed at my instate school..I didn't want to lose another year so I attended. It is what it is. And btw, taking a Master's course opens the door to other loans, not just Sallie Mae. I got a loan through Wells Fargo with an interest of 7%, almost the same as Federal loans :)

wow you can get 20-30k in federal loans just for a couple of classes from an online master's program :confused:. Educational loans are getting way out of hand.... but at last the financial picture at CNCP isn't going to be as bleak as some people have stated

wow you can get 20-30k in federal loans just for a couple of classes from an online master's program :confused:. Educational loans are getting way out of hand.... but at last the financial picture at CNCP isn't going to be as bleak as some people have stated

for one person, maybe.

We certainly can't agree that everyone who goes to CNCP will be able to secure such a "nice" financial arrangement, can we?

Is this the exception or the rule?

Anyone who is willing to take two extra classes a year can do this..In fact, there are more than 10 people doing this. Look we all know that private loans suck and the interest is horrible, you guys don't have to keep repeating the same stuff, we get it. Not everyone wants to take Master's courses because it's more work but for me, it was either getting another 50k private loan or figuring out another way to help my education. I chose the second route. Sure, it's going to be more work but I will do anything to get through pharmacy school. You guys make it seem like CNCP is the worst school and they don't teach you anything. In fact, I learned a lot my first year..but you keep insisting that the loans r horrible this and that blah blah..Like I said, we get it. There's no need in stating the obvious over and over again.

Anyone who is willing to take two extra classes a year can do this..In fact, there are more than 10 people doing this. Look we all know that private loans suck and the interest is horrible, you guys don't have to keep repeating the same stuff, we get it. Not everyone wants to take Master's courses because it's more work but for me, it was either getting another 50k private loan or figuring out another way to help my education. I chose the second route. Sure, it's going to be more work but I will do anything to get through pharmacy school. You guys make it seem like CNCP is the worst school and they don't teach you anything. In fact, I learned a lot my first year..but you keep insisting that the loans r horrible this and that blah blah..Like I said, we get it. There's no need in stating the obvious over and over again.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who don't know. Take for example, Tinkerbell, who posted earlier that she was going to apply to CNCP.

No one is impugning CNCP's academics. From a financial standpoint, it makes no sense to attend CNCP unless you got rejected everywhere else. The only exception to that I can see would be if you've got someone living near Rancho Cordova that'll hook you up with free rent, etc. Then maybe it'd kinda-sorta make some fiscal sense. Otherwise it's a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm also P2 at CNCP...I'm currently enrolled in a Master's program as well...you take one class in the fall, one in the winter, and one in the summer. I chose to take my summer class right now so I don't have to take one next summer. The classes are strictly online, and they're only 7 weeks longs which isn't bad. For my one summer class, i got almost $10,000 from FAFSA ($1500 from GRAD Plus) at 6.8% fixed. For my fall and winter classes, I will be getting $20,500 fom FAFSA and up to $3400/semester from Grad Plus so that makes it a lil over $27,000 for Fall and Winter in loans...the cost per class with all the fees is only about $1500 so do the math. I also was approved for a deferred loan from wells Fargo for 25k at 7%. So before anyone talks and says "there's no way you can get all that money from FAFSA for taking 2 Master's classes," ummmmmmmmmm yes you can because I did. I don't know why people keep repeating the same things over and over, it's been like this for over a year now. Get over it, if you're not coming to CNCP or have no intention of applying, then why bother being in the forum?

Last edited:
I have to admit, this taking of the master's degree online is a freakin' genius plan to get federal aid. Whoever came up with that idea better get a round of drinks next time y'all are out.

Problem with thinking you "learn a lot is" that it's hard to compare unless you're enrolled in another school.

Heck, I thought I learned a lot, then I chatted with my UCSF/USC buddies and turns out we all learned about the same. Still felt good, but hey I didn't feel so special anymore.

Hi,

Can you give more information on how the it works to get federal aid for completing the master's program? Is the school most people enrolled in University of Phoenix? Is it too late to try to enroll and get financial aid for this fall?

Thanks

I think it sounds like a damn good idea for even someone who ISN'T at CNCP. I mean hell, a student loan is way better than any credit card...

I am curious, too. Is this done at Phoenix or Kaplan or what?

And hell, a Master's degree outta the deal.

I think it sounds like a damn good idea for even someone who ISN'T at CNCP. I mean hell, a student loan is way better than any credit card...

I am curious, too. Is this done at Phoenix or Kaplan or what?

And hell, a Master's degree outta the deal.

I know right, if I had a ton of credit card debt I'd get a master's degree to refinance that shiet.

Problem is... you just converted dischargeable/unsecured debt into something that stays with you for life. Might not be a good play depending on your financial situation.

I know right, if I had a ton of credit card debt I'd get a master's degree to refinance that shiet.

Problem is... you just converted dischargeable/unsecured debt into something that stays with you for life. Might not be a good play depending on your financial situation.

Ah, but I think a revolving balance (if you've got one) is far inferior to any installment loan as far as FICO is concerned. True, I've still got my Perkins and Stafford loans with me from UCD, even though they've been paid off for years now. I don't think that bothers me as much as it does you, since it has no liquid impact on FICO regardless.

So basically the deal is, you take one or two online master's degree classes, apply for FAFSA, and if you have financial need (which one of us doesn't? haha) you can be offered Stafford/Perkins loans, subsidized, for up to $20,000? Something just seems... I dunno, shady about that!

I'm also P2 at CNCP...I'm currently enrolled in a Master's program as well...you take one class in the fall, one in the winter, and one in the summer. I chose to take my summer class right now so I don't have to take one next summer. The classes are strictly online, and they're only 7 weeks longs which isn't bad. For my one summer class, i got almost $10,000 from FAFSA ($1500 from GRAD Plus) at 6.8% fixed. For my fall and winter classes, I will be getting $20,500 fom FAFSA and up to $3400/semester from Grad Plus so that makes it a lil over $27,000 for Fall and Winter in loans...the cost per class with all the fees is only about $1500 so do the math. I also was approved for a deferred loan from wells Fargo for 25k at 7%. So before anyone talks and says "there's no way you can get all that money from FAFSA for taking 2 Master's classes," ummmmmmmmmm yes you can because I did. I don't know why people keep repeating the same things over and over, it's been like this for over a year now. Get over it, if you're not coming to CNCP or have no intention of applying, then why bother being in the forum?

Do you have to take GRE or GMAT?

Do you have to take GRE or GMAT?

You do need a GRE...but you can substitute that with any other exam such as PCAT, MCAT, DAT, etc...

and NO it's not a scam nor is it shady. I love how people come in here and start giving their opinions when they don't know anything about it...this is the real deal...just ask any Caribbean med student, they're in the same boat in regards to loans...how do you think they pay their tuition? They enroll in Master's classes. Plus, some caribbean schools have agreements with online universities where they have a MD/MBA joint program. So there's nothing shady about this.

You do need a GRE...but you can substitute that with any other exam such as PCAT, MCAT, DAT, etc...

and NO it's not a scam nor is it shady. I love how people come in here and start giving their opinions when they don't know anything about it...this is the real deal...just ask any Caribbean med student, they're in the same boat in regards to loans...how do you think they pay their tuition? They enroll in Master's classes. Plus, some caribbean schools have agreements with online universities where they have a MD/MBA joint program. So there's nothing shady about this.

I assume U. of Pheonix would work for this, right? They do not require a GRE for pretty much every single of one of their master's programs.

http://www.phoenix.edu/admissions/admission_requirements/graduate-admission-requirements.html

Have fun!

As far as it not being a scam? Well, I don't know. You're getting loans for a program that you're using for something else. It might not be scamming YOU, but it certainly is scamming whomever is supplying the funds, in this case, Stafford/Perkins. Not that I think it's necessarily wrong mind you, but to say it isn't shady seems a bit like denial. It's the same as students in UG using Stafford loan spillover for car parts or things for their apts - Scam? naw... illegal? No. But shady? Hell yeah...

Not that I think it's necessarily wrong mind you, but to say it isn't shady seems a bit like denial. It's the same as students in UG using Stafford loan spillover for car parts or things for their apts - Scam? naw... illegal? No. But shady? Hell yeah...

It's actually legal, you can argue that automobiles and furnishings are education-related expenses. If you check cost-of-attendance lists, you'll see "transportation" listed in there, so things like car parts would be in the same category as gas. It's virtually impossible to enforce/track funds as they are commingled the moment it hits your checking account.

It's actually legal, you can argue that automobiles and furnishings are education-related expenses. If you check cost-of-attendance lists, you'll see "transportation" listed in there, so things like car parts would be in the same category as gas. It's virtually impossible to enforce/track funds as they are commingled the moment it hits your checking account.

I didn't say it was illegal did I?

what master program are you guys attending for? MBA? Master of science? .....?

I am in High waith list,I have 3.44 overal GPA, did not take PCAt, only applied to California schools and was in Western and Touro's wait list but did not get accepted. do you guys (P2 students) think if i get accepted should I attend or reapply? I dont know what to do:confused:

I assume U. of Pheonix would work for this, right? They do not require a GRE for pretty much every single of one of their master's programs.

http://www.phoenix.edu/admissions/admission_requirements/graduate-admission-requirements.html

Have fun!

As far as it not being a scam? Well, I don't know. You're getting loans for a program that you're using for something else. It might not be scamming YOU, but it certainly is scamming whomever is supplying the funds, in this case, Stafford/Perkins. Not that I think it's necessarily wrong mind you, but to say it isn't shady seems a bit like denial. It's the same as students in UG using Stafford loan spillover for car parts or things for their apts - Scam? naw... illegal? No. But shady? Hell yeah...

Ummm No it's not shady at all. I don't see where you're coming from with this one...after receiving the fin aid, you can do anything you want with it because either way, the school is taking their money. It's not like you're stealing the money because you're going to have to pay it back anyways. I'm not using the refund check to buy a benz or go on vacations...I'm using it to put myself through school. Besides, I'm also going to probably earn an MBA from it too. So there's nothing shady to it b/c you would do the same thing if you were in my shoes. Would you like me to tear up my refund check and throw it in the garbage b/c you think it's "shady." Listen, I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but all you people who have talked trash about CNCP only do it b/c of the loan situation. If we were accredited right now or even received federal loans, then no one would be saying anything about the school...Am I right? Now that there's other options where we are receiving federal loans of some sort, people all of a sudden are like: "ohhh maybe the sudents aren't that bad off after all."

Using funds from one program, which you're not really interested in pursuing, to pay for another program entirely, is the shady part of it. That's all... I didn't say it's illegal, I didn't say you should be ashamed of yourself, and yes, you're right, I totally would do it if I was in your position. But regardless, I'd STILL think it was shady, JUST like I thought it was shady back in sophomore year when people were buying wings and chips for their cars with their loan money instead of saving it or applying it to real school expenses.

But don't take it personally, which you obviously are.

BTW Pharmacyguy4, what other schools were you accepted to besides CNCP? No one ever seems to fight anyone on the fact that if someone got accepted somewhere other than CNCP, they'd have taken the other school, thus leading the board to conclude that indeed, CNCP is only getting the bottom of the barrel of pharmacy candidates.

Again, since you're getting so defensive, this is a probative question and has nothing to do with your personally.

I'm not using the refund check to buy a benz or go on vacations...I'm using it to put myself through school. Besides, I'm also going to probably earn an MBA from it too.

If we were accredited right now or even received federal loans, then no one would be saying anything about the school...Am I right? Now that there's other options where we are receiving federal loans of some sort, people all of a sudden are like: "ohhh maybe the sudents aren't that bad off after all."

haha...i've had friends who leased a benz, and i've taken vacations which could have been fin-aid money, but i don't know cuz it was all commingled.

as for your accreditation line...well no **** sherlock. hell, if US news came out and ranked cncp top 10 (hah, fat chance of that happening in the next 10 years), of course people would shut up. But the truth is...it's not.

still, students at this school have additional hoops to jump though and generally higher costs to pay, THAT is something that needs to be considered by all applicants. i've backed off my pharmacy purgatory stance from its first days but, well, there are issues need to be resolved. Once the school is fully accredited (regionally and by acpe) and federal loan issues resolved, then cncp can participate in the academic/rotation superiority/inferiority debate that the other schools are privy to.

I still think that students in this entering class will have a chip on their shoulders through their first years of employment mid next decade, but a) that's inherent with any inaugural class and b) can be resolved by high NAPLEX pass rates and employer satisfaction. If neither of those metrics in b are met, it will be grand embarrassment around; if both are rock hard solid, you can come back in 2015 and tell SDN to shove it.

but, by then, there will be another school to pick on and cncp will fade into the background of "just another school you can apply to."

No one ever seems to fight anyone on the fact that if someone got accepted somewhere other than CNCP, they'd have taken the other school, thus leading the board to conclude that indeed, CNCP is only getting the bottom of the barrel of pharmacy candidates.

I agree with you to an extent, there ARE students that refuse to leave CA (for good reason). Those retail-bound students (who subscribe to the maxim "a PharmD is a PharmD") in this class of applicant will opt for CNCP even if they have an acceptance to a ranked out-of-state school IMO.

But...they should have never applied out of state to begin with since they weren't willing to go in the first place.

So in the end I guess you are right, a CA-only student who initially picks this school will jump ship to any other CA school given the chance.

what kind of master classes are you guys taking? how long does it take to finish that master program (how many years will u be able to get loans this way)? how much is average rent, if you live with roommates
can somone please answer
thank you

i am also interested in what type of masters this is and how long does it take?

So convenient.

They all log on, extol the virtues of this way of getting subsidized loans to pay for CNCP, and talk about how "everyone" does it and how easy it is... then when people are interested and ask, they get tight-lipped.

Fishy.

So convenient.

They all log on, extol the virtues of this way of getting subsidized loans to pay for CNCP, and talk about how "everyone" does it and how easy it is... then when people are interested and ask, they get tight-lipped.

Fishy.
How many times a day are you on this forum?

okkkkkkkk p2 student, tough decesion, i got accepted today and i did not get approved for the loan, I have 3 to 4 days to send the enrollment agreement form and about $19500(first semester tuition).
what do you guys think is the chance this school gets acceredited, are the faculty optimestic about accereditation??
do you guys P2 students think I should take the acceptance or reapply?
I dont want to reject the acceptance and regret it later?
what should i do:confused::idea: helppppppppppppppppppppppppp

okkkkkkkk p2 student, tough decesion, i got accepted today and i did not get approved for the loan, I have 3 to 4 days to send the enrollment agreement form and about $19500(first semester tuition).
what do you guys think is the chance this school gets acceredited, are the faculty optimestic about accereditation??
do you guys P2 students think I should take the acceptance or reapply?
I dont want to reject the acceptance and regret it later?
what should i do:confused::idea: helppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Reapply please. Do not take risk. I rather attend 1 year later, and be sure for my future.

Reapply please. Do not take risk. I rather attend 1 year later, and be sure for my future.

but it will be harder to get accepted next year, there will be more applicant and there is no garantee I will get accepted next year.
I have 3.44 overal gpa, 3.3 science. currently 8 mounts of experience as a pharmacy technician. I have problem with the interview
p2 students, are you guys regreting that you attended the school?
I am afraid that if I dont attend the school this year and dont get accepted next year, I will regret why I did not go to this school this year
somebody help me, I have to let them know in 3 days if i am attending:scared:

I can't imagine anyone being in that much debt to study pharmacy. Your GPA is decent and you have pharmacy experience. You should be able to get into somewhere else if you apply to enough schools. Did you take PCAT? You could apply to out-of-state private schools that are cheaper than CNCP even out-of-state. You could apply to Nova or Palm Beach Atlantic in Florida instead, for example. If you are limiting yourself to California, then that may be your problem.

I would say to reapply next year, and try many schools outside of California, and not just UCSF, UCSD, Western, Loma Linda, USC, Touro, etc.