• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

bubbajones

BIG TEX
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2003
TEXAS
Status (Visible)
Anyone know if they have a post bacc? is the school in a bad area? what is it like? any cali peeps on? helpe me out. thanks.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
lonecoyote11.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by bubbajones
come i know someone on here has to b from cali

well i'm from nor cal, know little about specific areas of los angeles or csula. but i asked a coworker who is from there and went to a different csu campus. she said that from what she hears it is not the nicest neighborhood but that it is right off the freeway and very accessible and that it is a very diverse campus.

About the Ads

savvysearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
Status (Visible)
I think they do have a post bac as well as San Bernardino. But I think (from their applications anyway) that Cal Poly pomona, Fullerton, long beach do not take undeclared post-bacs.

Rock Star

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2001
Claremont, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hello,

Cal state-LA is in East LA. Area is OK. In my mind it is not the Ghetto part of East LA. Wouldn't live in the immediate area of campus though.

I'd live in Pasadena, which is 10 minutes away.

Don't know the science department's reputation for pre-med. I did work with a physician who did do undergrad there. He graduated from UPENN med school.

Good luck.

elvingomez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2003
el monte, ca
Status (Visible)
i goto csula currently. its very diverse, and as said before, it's not the best neighborhood but def. not the worst. they have some type of pre-med program there. but not a formal one. and they are nottaking post-baccs. i graduate this june, so i may do post bacc elsewhere

cupcake_queen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2003
California
Status (Visible)
Try UC Irvine. I think they just started a post-bac program for people who have already completed the premed requirements. UCLA also has a reapplicant and first-time applicant program.

elvingomez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2003
el monte, ca
Status (Visible)
Scripps in claremont has a formal proram. as does USC. i think santa monica commuinty college has one as well.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
lonecoyote11.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by premed
It seems like all the UC post-bac programs are for URM's.

yup, pretty much. look into the csu system or one of the privates or leave the state. pretty much those were the options i found.

elvingomez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2003
el monte, ca
Status (Visible)
csu is not taking postbaccs this year... so there goes that option... i think santa monica colege had a post bacc program though

savvysearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
Status (Visible)
Cal state LA is. You have to apply as a post-bac undeclared. And I think possible San Bernardino. But for sure, cal state LA. There is online application on the site and you apply through the graduate application. Are you in Orange County or LA? North LA or South LA? Fullerton is right now considering adding a post-bac for pre-health professionals, so you have to email them to see if they plan to offer it. [email protected]
I think if enough people request it, they may offer it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.