Calculate GPA for classes taken after graduation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Curious George

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how med schools calculate the GPA for courses taken after graduation? Do they average the after-graduation GPA with the old undergrad GPA?

I'm taking a few upper-division science courses without participating in any formal Postbac program. Will that work against me?

Thanks for your response.

Members don't see this ad.

Curious,

It's best to ask to admissions dept. None the less, as far as AACOMAS goes it's all put together. However, AACOMAS seperates each of your years into seperate GPA's. That way the schools can see how you do from year to year. I assume your taking additional classes to improve GPA. They definitly take yearly improvements into consideration. As far as post bac work or grad work, it really doesn't matter. The schools just want to see improvements in your GPA in classes with high levels of difficulty. It's best to take 400 level or higher, because these clases are fairly equivlent to Med school classes in difficulty level.

DocGibby