Calculate my pay navy dentist HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fefehake

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone help calculate the pay for a navy dentist for 2020? I’ve seen older threads but would love a current calculation.

Stats: HPSP graduate going into an AEGD, board certified, licensed, no prior service.
I’m just confused on IP, BCP, and vsp and I’m not sure what we’re qualified for.
Also is there a 90 day waiting period for any of these? I thought I heard something about it for one of the pays but not sure.
Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

There no longer is asp or vsp

Easy way to calculate is following

Base pay
Save pay (incentive pay for licensure 1667 per month) - 90 days from your official graduation and holding state licensure
BAH depends on your zip
BAS depends on your rank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
It will roughly come out to between ~$90,000-$100,000 depending on location BAH. About ~$70,000 is taxable whereas the rest (BAH and BAS) is not.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone help calculate the pay for a navy dentist for 2020? I’ve seen older threads but would love a current calculation.

Stats: HPSP graduate going into an AEGD, board certified, licensed, no prior service.
I’m just confused on IP, BCP, and vsp and I’m not sure what we’re qualified for.
Also is there a 90 day waiting period for any of these? I thought I heard something about it for one of the pays but not sure.
Thanks for your help.

You'll net around 6k a month

take it or leave it

There’s a lot of hidden benefit in military pay. No health insurance, a portion of them
Not taxable. When you say your gross income is 90k that’s a bit misleading because your BAH and BAS are not taxable. Really it’s about 100k+ gross if you are comparing it with civilian world.

Reactions: 1 users