FY2024 Navy Special Pay Guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willwash

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hot off the press. Almost all the long term bonuses went up. Endo finally getting a bit more of a fair shake

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• FY24 DC SPECIAL PAY GUIDANCE.pdf
    170.1 KB · Views: 114
Board certification pay increased to $8k as well. Remember that in 2021 the NDAA authorized up to $15k though…

I was surprised they didn't increase the OMS pay. 5k up since 2021... No wonder everyone is jumping ship.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was surprised they didn't increase the OMS pay. 5k up since 2021... No wonder everyone is jumping ship.
Serious question what amount could they increase it where you would stay? For me it would have to be an absurd amount.

Most of my private practice buddies salaries are around $1M with their senior partners making way more. That’s working less hours, little to no call, no mandatory PT missing your kids in the morning, no ****ing civilian telling me what I can or cannot order, no timecards, no moving to ****holes every few years, no DHA, no terrible EMR, no washed up ****bag dentists telling you what to do, no LeAdErShIp responsibilities, no mandatory training… god damn that was therapeutic

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Serious question what amount could they increase it where you would stay? For me it would have to be an absurd amount.

Most of my private practice buddies salaries are around $1M with their senior partners making way more. That’s working less hours, little to no call, no mandatory PT missing your kids in the morning, no ****ing civilian telling me what I can or cannot order, no timecards, no moving to ****holes every few years, no DHA, no terrible EMR, no washed up ****bag dentists telling you what to do, no LeAdErShIp responsibilities, no mandatory training… god damn that was therapeutic
That is a great question, and likely an absurd amount to put up with the extra bull****...

It really hit me when I was talking to my OMS friends who are out about finances. They OWE double or more in federal taxes than the value of my entire GROSS yearly mil salary.

It is crazy for me to think that the bonus pays, other than RBs, have stayed essential the same since I have been in. Base pays and BAH go up a little with inflation and the yearly DOD budget, but these don't. I get the tactic. They raise the 4 and 6 year RBs and keep the IP low to bait people into more years.