hopefulCC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
San Diego
Status
Medical Student
Do I input CC grades even though they didn't count for anything?
I took a couple of CC courses while in HS; these classes didn't really count for any GEs or anything. The units transferred, but the grades didn't influence my university GPA.

Since the units transferred to my university, should I include it in my university grades or should I make a whole new "add another school" list (giving me a separate GPA).

Semicolon

OMS II
10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2008
NYC
Status
Medical Student
Do I input CC grades even though they didn't count for anything?
I took a couple of CC courses while in HS; these classes didn't really count for any GEs or anything. The units transferred, but the grades didn't influence my university GPA.

Since the units transferred to my university, should I include it in my university grades or should I make a whole new "add another school" list (giving me a separate GPA).
You will not only need to enter them into the application, but you'll also need to request the transcript from the CC that you took the class in. Your grade will count.

Jul 8, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I got a 3.5 undergraduate gpa...last year i took a few grad courses at a local school just to keep my mind sharp and didnt do that well in them...i wasnt motivated/didnt study as much as i should of....do i have to include those courses in my aacomas/send them that transcript?

beckhunter116

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2008
South
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes, you have to include and send transcripts for every school you've ever attended after high school.
Just to clarify, you have to report any classes even if you were still in high school at the time. Basically any college ever attended no matter age, degree saught, and under vs grad.

apumic

Oracle of the Sheet
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Denver, CO
Status
Medical Student
I got a 3.5 undergraduate gpa...last year i took a few grad courses at a local school just to keep my mind sharp and didnt do that well in them...i wasnt motivated/didnt study as much as i should of....do i have to include those courses in my aacomas/send them that transcript?
Not gonna lie, anything below a 3.5-3.6 or so in a grad-level class is going to look pretty bad. It's a well-known fact that most everyone taking grad courses gets better grades in them than in UG. As a result, schools tend to expect much higher grades in graduate coursework than UG. For instance, some schools that place their min UG GPA at 3.0 place their minimum grad GPA around 3.2-3.4.