Calculating GPA with semester & quarter credits for same courses (overlapping)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a bit of a dilemma. I've calculated my current GPA, science GPA, Bio-Chem-Physics GPA, etc...

BUT... I have some courses that overlap and i'm not entirely sure how the AACOM is going to calculate it with these overlapping credits/courses...

I went to a quarter school that broke Biology, Chemistry, and Physics up into 3 quarter; however, I only took 2 quarters of each. I am now taking the 2nd half of each class at the semester equivalent.

Biology:
Intro Bio I - 4 quarter credits, B
Intro Bio II - 4 quarter credits, B
General Bio II - 4 semester credits, B
I kind of want to re-take Biology, since I know I could get an A in them now... worth it? I feel like it wouldn't be.

Chemistry:
Gen Chem I - 4 quarter credits, A
Gen Chem I Lab - 1 quarter credit, A
Gen Chem II - 4 quarter credits, B
Gen Chem II Lab - 1 quarter credit, A
College Chemistry II - 4 semester credits, Predicted grade A or A-
Organic Chemistry I - 5 semester credits, A
Organic Chemistry II - 5 semester credits, Predicted grade A

Physics:
College Physics I - 4 quarter credits, B
College Physics II - 4 quarter credits, B
College Physics II - 4 semester credits, predicted grade anywhere from a B to an A-... Can't really tell yet, since professor doesn't have grades up.

Any ideas? Will they include all grades or will they take the highest of just 1 quarter class & 1 semester class?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
if you put certain classes in as retakes given that they are the same name and of equal or greater amount of semester units, then they probably will replace... but you can only replace classes on a 1:1 basis. Otherwise, everything on your transcript with a grade on it will appear in your GPA.