Pre-Req Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldbrew1129

Reaction score
Hey all! I have a few clarification questions concerning upper level science course credits and English credits:

1. English: I was awarded credit for both English 101 and 102 from the initial college I attended but I transferred after freshman year. Due to IB and AP exams they actually awarded me 43 credits in total because I scored well on so many exams. The accredited hours are stated on the official transcript and I have a letter from the registrar verifying I got the credit. When I transferred to the university I actually graduated from, I only took 3 credits of English because that was what was required to get my B.A. Now I am freaking out because the transfer credits are awarded from the college I transferred from, not the one I graduated from. Am I screwed because I technically only have 3 credits of English because the credits from my initial university do not count?

2. Upper level science courses (other than intro chem/bio/phys etc): Some schools ask for 6 credits but I only took Biochemistry w/o the lab (no genetics or microbio). What other classes are commonly considered to count? I majored in Psych and took some psychobiology courses that were basically biology or neurology based....could these count?

Bottom line is, I thought I had all my bases covered and now I am actually freaking out....Please help! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

You can take English course over the summer at community college. I have done this and they never questioned about this.

1) not a problem with your English credits

2) usually upper level biology classes include advanced cell or molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, advanced human physiology, histology, immunology, and neurobiology. You should ask the schools about the psychology/neurobiology cross-reference courses.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) not a problem with your English credits

2) usually upper level biology classes include advanced cell or molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, advanced human physiology, histology, immunology, and neurobiology. You should ask the schools about the psychology/neurobiology cross-reference courses.
Would it be looked down upon by schools if I take an "Intro to Human Physio and Anatomy" course at a CC before taking both Anatomy and Physiology at my local 4 year institution (non-trad Post bacc). I want to make sure I have a good basis in the material before taking the more advanced courses. I'll also be taking an English course at the cc to fulfill my two semester prereq. Thank you!!

Would it be looked down upon by schools if I take an "Intro to Human Physio and Anatomy" course at a CC before taking both Anatomy and Physiology at my local 4 year institution (non-trad Post bacc). I want to make sure I have a good basis in the material before taking the more advanced courses. I'll also be taking an English course at the cc to fulfill my two semester prereq. Thank you!!
Since I'm not privy to your transcript or progress to a degree, what does your academic advisor say? Setting your school accept your CC courses to allow you to take those upper level courses?