Calculation of sGPA for Optometry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

salsees

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I checked on the forum and online, and couldn't find a specific answer to this. I know for premed its pretty straight forward how the sGPA is calculated, but how is it calculated for optometry school. For example for optometry, would a math class like College Algebra, be a part of the sGPA calculation? Or is it only specific math classes, rather then all math classes that an individual took?

Thank you
 
Usually Optometry schools will look at Stats and/or Calc I for their math scores. College Algebra may count for a basic "Mathematics" sections if the school has one. Otherwise Stats and/or Calc I are ones listed as required.