Calculators for QR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siba

siba
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm doing the Kaplan QR section and some of the questions they have actually require calculators, such as cosX=7/4, ctc.

I think we are you allowed to use calculators for the real DAT, correct? Kaplane confuses me.....

Members don't see this ad.

No, you are definitely NOT allowed to use calculators. This is the reason many consider the QR section to be so hard. However, most of the questions can be estimated closely without a calculator.

And to answer that specific question...cos(x)=7/4, I don't think it is solvable. adj/hyp=cos(x) and the adjacent cannot be larger than the hypotenuse in a right triangle. Try it in a calculator and you'll see it's not possible.
Note: you do need to know basic trig stuff, like when cos(x)=1, sin(x)=0, ETC...

Hi! I'm doing the Kaplan QR section and some of the questions they have actually require calculators, such as cosX=7/4, ctc.

I think we are you allowed to use calculators for the real DAT, correct? Kaplane confuses me.....

Haha... in your dreams. I think if you tried to bring a calculator into the test center, Terry Tate would come out of nowhere and tackle you to the ground.