calculus grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alliecat415

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what were your grades in college calculus (question applies to all who have been accepted, interviewed, and are currently enrolled in optometry school) as compared to the rest of your grades?

wondering if i need to retake. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, my calculus grades are the worst of all. :(
But I still got in :)

where did you get in and what were your calculus grades?

Members don't see this ad :)
I love calc3 but hate calc2.
calc 1-A
calc 2-B- completely bombed the final.
calc 3-A

I doubt schools would care, unless you did really bad. no one asked me about the B-, nor the As. that's how much they cared in the interview at suny. lol

i'm accepted to suny opt.

with the exception of berkeley, most school only require one calculus class and some don't even require it.

what were your grades in college calculus (question applies to all who have been accepted, interviewed, and are currently enrolled in optometry school) as compared to the rest of your grades?

Calc I: B-
Calc II (first time): D
Calc II (second time): A

I applied to 2 schools and I have interviews to both coming up in March. I can't imagine anyone else is worse than that, so I'm sure you're fine.

Calc 1 A+
Calc 2 A
Calc 3 A

Are there schools that require 3 calc classes? I hope not, or else I'm screwed.. anyways, I'm pretty sure the schools I plan on applying to only require 1.

I took calc I, in two semesters instead of one, and I got a B and an A (so I guess that would be a B+ overall).

I never took a math class in college. I got an A in AP Calc in high school and received college credit. Based on this and my math scores in the OAT, I got accepted

C is acceptable for all school, C - = retake.

C is acceptable for all school, C - = retake.

that's right and only berkeley and neco want 2 semesters/3 quarters of calc.

how calc II/III helps you in opt school - c' mon:p

I only took one calculus course and I did terrible. But I still got in to ICO!.

As ICU23 said, as long as it's above a C- don't worry about retaking it as long as you have higher grades in other classes to make up for it.

did the interviewer ask you about your low grades at all (C)?

unless you have anal interviewer, than I doubt it. It's not like you're going to use calculus to calculate the volume or shape of the eye. Most of the math I've seen done at an optometrist office is arithmetric.

well in my case my calculus mark is great but my physics mark is very bad.. im gettin back my midterm today and i know i did horrible... possibly a C (hopefully) does physics vs. calculus make a difference?

hey fonz - may i ask why u picked NOVA over SUNY?