• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

alliecat415

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
what were your grades in college calculus (question applies to all who have been accepted, interviewed, and are currently enrolled in optometry school) as compared to the rest of your grades?

wondering if i need to retake. thanks.

GGelato9

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Haha, my calculus grades are the worst of all. :(
But I still got in :)

About the Ads

luckyfool

SUNY Opt
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2006
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
I love calc3 but hate calc2.
calc 1-A
calc 2-B- completely bombed the final.
calc 3-A

I doubt schools would care, unless you did really bad. no one asked me about the B-, nor the As. that's how much they cared in the interview at suny. lol

i'm accepted to suny opt.

ICU23

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
with the exception of berkeley, most school only require one calculus class and some don't even require it.

ODduck

Future Oregon OD
10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Forest Grove, OR
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
what were your grades in college calculus (question applies to all who have been accepted, interviewed, and are currently enrolled in optometry school) as compared to the rest of your grades?

Calc I: B-
Calc II (first time): D
Calc II (second time): A

I applied to 2 schools and I have interviews to both coming up in March. I can't imagine anyone else is worse than that, so I'm sure you're fine.

know>wonder

get up and try, try again
10+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

Calc 1 A+
Calc 2 A
Calc 3 A

JMU07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
VA
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
Are there schools that require 3 calc classes? I hope not, or else I'm screwed.. anyways, I'm pretty sure the schools I plan on applying to only require 1.

I took calc I, in two semesters instead of one, and I got a B and an A (so I guess that would be a B+ overall).

EyeBSmith

UHCO 2011
10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
I never took a math class in college. I got an A in AP Calc in high school and received college credit. Based on this and my math scores in the OAT, I got accepted

Eye-Spy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2006
Chicago, IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
I only took one calculus course and I did terrible. But I still got in to ICO!.

As ICU23 said, as long as it's above a C- don't worry about retaking it as long as you have higher grades in other classes to make up for it.

ICU23

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
unless you have anal interviewer, than I doubt it. It's not like you're going to use calculus to calculate the volume or shape of the eye. Most of the math I've seen done at an optometrist office is arithmetric.

Oilersfan69

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
well in my case my calculus mark is great but my physics mark is very bad.. im gettin back my midterm today and i know i did horrible... possibly a C (hopefully) does physics vs. calculus make a difference?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.