calculus prerequisite question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmd20000

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do schools accept calculus that doesn't include analytic geometry?
i would like to take the 4credit calculus course that is designed for management. few schools added a note that they prefer the calculus that is science based, but what about the others that didn't mention it. is the course(without analytic geometry) acceptable by most schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think they would accept a calculus designed for management because you wouldn't be learning the same topics at the same caliber pharm schools require.

do schools accept calculus that doesn't include analytic geometry?
i would like to take the 4credit calculus course that is designed for management. few schools added a note that they prefer the calculus that is science based, but what about the others that didn't mention it. is the course(without analytic geometry) acceptable by most schools?
The only school that I know of that accepts elementary calc is the University of Kentucky. But, you must have credits in College Algebra (4 CR)), Trig (4 CR), and Elementary Calc (4 CR) to apply. I figured that it was just easier to take the Calc I (5 CR) class. The trig involved is pretty minimal. I believe that we only used the basic trig identities and pythagorean, nothing too bad (No half angle and double angle stuff).

Plus, as said above, most schools will not accept the Elementary Calc class.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only school that I know of that accepts elementary calc is the University of Kentucky. But, you must have credits in College Algebra (4 CR)), Trig (4 CR), and Elementary Calc (4 CR) to apply. I figured that it was just easier to take the Calc I (5 CR) class. The trig involved is pretty minimal. I believe that we only used the basic trig identities and pythagorean, nothing too bad (No half angle and double angle stuff).

Plus, as said above, most schools will not accept the Elementary Calc class.

Where do they squeeze in the extra 1CR? I thought Calc I was a 4 credit course unless you also do a little bit of Calc II (one class I will never have to take again!!!)

Where do they squeeze in the extra 1CR? I thought Calc I was a 4 credit course unless you also do a little bit of Calc II (one class I will never have to take again!!!)

At my university Calc I was also 5 credits. They might just be learning more topics or some schools like to give extra in-class time for hard courses for extra teacher-student time.