California Dental Schools Agreement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sam Sam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I heard something today, and I want to make sure whether it's true. I've heard that if you're accepted to one of the dental schools in California and you're waitlisted in another one (that's in California as well), then the other school will take you out of the waitlist according to an agreement between California dental schools. I want to make sure if this is correct and if so, when will this happen specifically (what date or month in general)?

Members don't see this ad.

I have personally never heard of this and I don't think that would make sense either, as each school conducts their own interviews/acceptances, and some of them are harder to get into than others, based on average DAT/GPA (UCLA > UCSF > the privates).

Reactions: 1 user
I have personally never heard of this and I don't think that would make sense either, as each school conducts their own interviews/acceptances, and some of them are harder to get into than others, based on average DAT/GPA (UCLA > UCSF > the privates).
do you think that calling the school and asking about it is a good idea or they won't like questioning about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
do you think that calling the school and asking about it is a good idea or they won't like questioning about it?
You could try calling but I honestly don't think it's a thing....it doesn't make sense... I think the person you heard it from might have been really uninformed.